DiVX DVD player $35 AR

How would you set that up? just burn divx compatable video to dvd and shove it in or is it more complicated than that???

It's just that easy.

You don't have to make a menu or anything if you don't want to. I use Nero to burn, but the built in windows burner should work.

siliconnerd said:
Don't you mean the DVP-642?

*Looks over his shoulder and checks DVD player....takes more dyslexia medication* Yeah, I meant DVP-642. It is region free (you can unlock it with a special code on the remote control) and it is firmware upgradable. That means that you can keep it up to date with the newest codecs theoretically....although last I check phillips pulled all versions of FW because of a bug. A tech promised me that they would have it back soon. To upgrade the FW simply burn it to a CD and follow their simple instructions... :)

MiXdNuTs said:
*Looks over his shoulder and checks DVD player....takes more dyslexia medication* Yeah, I meant DVP-642. It is region free (you can unlock it with a special code on the remote control) and it is firmware upgradable. That means that you can keep it up to date with the newest codecs theoretically....although last I check phillips pulled all versions of FW because of a bug. A tech promised me that they would have it back soon. To upgrade the FW simply burn it to a CD and follow their simple instructions... :)
Yeah, I have the same player. Nice unit.

i might have to get one of these, i have tons of movies on my computer, but i usually just stream them to my tv through svideo and my receiver

MiXdNuTs said:
the Phillips DVP-642 is the best Divx Player on the market BTW.

I would definetely have to agree with this. It's the best DVD player I've owned. Well worth the $60 or so I spent. You can still find them at some Target and Wallmart stores. I almost thought of buying a second one. Phillips has been relasing some top quality products the past few years that easily outlast those no-name brands (Astar?...sounds like a pr0n film title!). If you can find the Phillips DVP-642 for under $70-80, I would get it.

DVP 642 is the best I have owned as well. For all the reasons listed above and them some (on the fly PAL to NTSC conversion for one).

Price? $60 regular price at Target B&M (refuse to shop at a walmart owned property)

You can also catch them on Amazon/Pricewatch/Pricegrabber for $50, but $60 B&M makes this thing incredible.

Awesome! I am definetly thinking about buying this, now I can finally watch all my DivX and XviD movies on my huge TV instead of on my PC!

what about xvid? do any of these play xvid&divx?
Half of my vids are divx and half are xvid qq

I have the phillips.

Plays Divx flawlessly. Also plays Xvid, but sometimes the playback will be flawed (no sound), if it's an Xvid file. I don't know why.

However, I have not done any firmware upgrading, as most of my files are divx.

hl3395 said:
what about xvid? do any of these play xvid&divx?
Half of my vids are divx and half are xvid qq

Most will work. I have some xvids that play fine.

Back