Divinity: Original Sin 2 Kickstarter launches later this month

How does this compare to the original? I had some issues with character creation being a little eh to me as well as some of the mechanics being slightly wonky.

Yea I'm curious to hear a comparison between the two. From the trailer on GoG (which is hilariously voiced btw) it seem the games features are way more fleshed out. Gotta be honest though, I'm still worried about the damn trait bonuses from conversations.. anyone know if those are still in the game?

Yea I'm curious to hear a comparison between the two. From the trailer on GoG (which is hilariously voiced btw) it seem the games features are way more fleshed out. Gotta be honest though, I'm still worried about the damn trait bonuses from conversations.. anyone know if those are still in the game?

As in can certain traits influence the direction and/or outcome of a conversation? If so then yes but it's not a major part of the game. There's a learning curve so before you choose your party I would do some research on how some magic works with others but this is gaming crack in it's purest form. Hard to stop playing once you start! It's so open and flexible in how you approach solutions. One of the first reviews:

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/d.../pc/archive/2017/09/18/a-godly-ascension.aspx

I wish they would of toned the graphics down I think Med. graphics looks cleaner then turned all the way up. I mean you have trees overhanging and stuff art dept just got bored I guess.

Blowing that Fort Joy pop stand!!!!! took me about 3 hours :D I knew what items to look for because I played the Beta for about 5 hours asked some question on the steam forums like a year ago.
This game is your Baldur's Gate clone right here inventory is slick combat isn't bad in Explorer mode still haven't figured out skill books because I level in a skill and still can't learn the Rain spell.
You will like this game trust me.....same feeling as the first recommend playing in Explorer mode if your never played though the 1st game.

20170919124946_1.jpg

As in can certain traits influence the direction and/or outcome of a conversation? If so then yes but it's not a major part of the game. There's a learning curve so before you choose your party I would do some research on how some magic works with others but this is gaming crack in it's purest form. Hard to stop playing once you start! It's so open and flexible in how you approach solutions. One of the first reviews:

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/d.../pc/archive/2017/09/18/a-godly-ascension.aspx
I meant the bonuses received to traits from answering conversations in various ways

I should of chose another Tank for damage I have a battlemage, warrior, healer necro skeleton, and the Red Prince. I guess there are more party members in Fort Joy I haven't taped yet and later on in the game.

Played this for a good few hours on normal difficulty, still wandering around act 1. I simultaneously love and hate the game. Everything in the game is completely exceptionally amazingly awesome, an amazing crpg from top to bottom for sure, except one thing. The combat and difficulty scaling.

All mobs in the game have phys/magic armor (which is fine), but it grants them complete immunity to 99% of the skills/spells in the game(which sucks). I think I will enjoy this a lot more if there was a mod which either removes phys/magic armor completely from all mobs in the game (buff their health to compensate) - or leaves it in but removes the skill effect immunity from it. As it is right now, half of every fight 99% of your skills/spells are useless, and for me that isn't fun.

Stuff like save scumming, needing to pre-position every single fight, needing specific builds/strats to be viable - leave that to hard difficulty and higher. In normal difficulty a typical party composition should be fine, as it was with DoS1. Saw a post on the sub that said "when a typical rpg party of a melee/rogue/mage/archer is less viable to play than a cheese build like 4 summoners, the game balance is off" and I have to kinda agree. Needs some balance patches. Otherwise I'm glad the game is breaking records, it's amazing and is the best current-gen crpg to date.

If you want the game to look solid put graphics on Ultra the extras were just bothering my eyes.
turn off
BLOOM
Depth of Field
Motion Blur
God Rays
Ambient

20170920053444_1.jpg

Fort Joy is a really big place I thought the island would be just a placeholder area for the bigger stuff I'm still on the Island there is alot of content. I wish the camera though was fixated you can get real lost quick but you always have your map for that.

Amazing game. I loved the original, but the scope and amount of content stuffed into this one is almost overwhelming.

Amazing game. I loved the original, but the scope and amount of content stuffed into this one is almost overwhelming.
From the list of features talked about in the trailer, I was amazed at how much they added to this game. Seemed like overkill almost esp with stuff like PvP and all the extra story-driven characters you can play,
.. oh yeah, and the campaign builder. Just insane the scope of this game now.

20170920105007_1.jpg

20170920105038_1.jpg

The Real escape boat..... I barly beat the last fight all my characters died except my main with about 1/5 life left on EXPLORER MODE LOL which is suppose to be easy took me about tries and I got a lucky break.

Last edited:
The Real escape boat..... I barley beat the last fight all my characters died except my main with about 1/5 life left on EXPLORER MODE LOL which is suppose to be easy took me about tries and I got a lucky break.

That fight is a bitch early on. The trick with managing the difficult is really almost 100% gear. Steal every vendor blind. Pick the best item they have that you need and steal all the gold you can pocket. On another character, run high level lucky find and just open everything. Between these two, you'll be decked out. By level 10 or so, you are stealing a nice legendary item or two and 2k+ gold from every vendor you meet.

Yeah I had to Gear Up for the Alexander escape boat fight my characters were dropping like flies so I sold all my paintings and gold stuff to buy them decent gear. What I did I teleported right in front of my 4 guys so I could hack away at him then setup summons 2 totems and a fiend then used the Staff of Magnus for distance shots. I knew the fight was going my way on like the 5th try because all my guys were alive yet after I killed Alexander.

Last edited:
How does this compare to the original? I had some issues with character creation being a little eh to me as well as some of the mechanics being slightly wonky.

I really like the first one better it was more like a cartoon this one is all serious texture heavy. It's still a good game just isn't as memorable so far.

Game is starting to get better took me about 2 hours or more to figure out how to get the ship moving again.
14.3 percent of the people who have the game ever made it to Reaper coast I bet it doesn't get over 25% for a long time.

Game is starting to get better took me about 2 hours or more to figure out how to get the ship moving again.
14.3 percent of the people who have the game ever made it to Reaper coast I bet it doesn't get over 25% for a long time.
Considering what y'all have been saying about the difficulty, i'm not surprised. I can't believe some people are having issues on exploration mode :eek:

You get to play with the different classes on the boat I tried them all out settled on two warriors one healer and a elemental wizard the rest were just tacky.
I like the nuke fire beam the mage does. I'm sure I could do in in classic mode but didn't want to spend alot of time getting the right gear and didn't know what classes were best.

I hope they make a 3rd game I mean the studio is sitting in limbo right now unless they make enough from the game they can all retire. I suppose they could add DLC

Finally installed this just now, and even at just the main menu screen I'm hanging at around 58 fps instead of maxed at 60.

This is gonna be interesting....

A third and final part would be perfect, just like the Witcher series. Then they should make a new game.

This cute painting must of been one of those 5K Kickstarter donors. Most of the panting are guys dressed up in kings and queens or lords clothing.
Actually, always meant to ask.

Not at you specifically Comix, just in general.

Do you guys feel that Larian putting avatars of large donors into their game like random pieces of painting to be appropriate?

Do you guys feel that Larian putting avatars of large donors into their game like random pieces of painting to be appropriate?

They helped payed for Swen's retirement so why not...

I'm fine with it as long as it fits the setting and it is a limited number. So no picture of someone in their car for example. Haven't seen all of them yet but the picture above is fine by me.

Here is my take after a few hours. First, there are fights on the Fort Joy island that you just have to avoid until you are geared. If you try you will see what I mean. The difficulty is definitely harder, but not too hard. I get frustrated, but then again, I like looking at a fight where I got my shit pushed in and try to figure out how to do it better. Although most of the time, I just avoid it until I have better gear and better skills.

First thing you should do when you get to Fort Joy is the quest for the teleport gloves. Trust me, good skill to have to reach all of those chests you can see but can't reach. I have several purple and gold items from those chests already.

I had no problem with any fights except for the last one in Fort Joy might want to roll a game in explorer mode.
If you are trying to fight Miko just find the yarrow flower holding down the alt key for items to pick up and he will open up another quest for you if you talk to the girl looking for him.

A third and final part would be perfect, just like the Witcher series. Then they should make a new game.
Does this continue the story of the first? Everything I've read makes it sound like a completely different thing going on.

Back