Divekick...proof that gamer's are retarded vegetables?

JoeUser

2[H]4U
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=132842911

Yes...this is a fighting game where all you use is ONE button. No need for a d-pad, no need for combos. Just a single button.

Now I'm all for creativity and shit...but this is just fucking stupid. I mean, why would someone even want this as a joke? They had a Kickstarter and everything for this!

Oh man...with each passing day I lose more and more confidence in our species.

Kinda steams fault. They're embracing garbage and letting us take the fall for it. If a scam gets greenlighted its on us not steam. Not a big fan of swarm of crap hitting steam of late.

It's the most balanced fighting game to ever hit the FGC.

(Dear OP, it's a joke game meant to not be taken seriously, and played as a fun sidegame for a little cash at the FGC tournaments)

Despite what you think of the game, tons of people were playing it and enjoying the hell out of it at Pax. It was one of the more crowded booths.

If people enjoy it, then great. I'm only sad I don't enjoy games as much anymore, but that's my problem, not anyone elses.

Yes...this is a fighting game where all you use is ONE button. No need for a d-pad, no need for combos. Just a single button.

Now I'm all for creativity and shit...but this is just fucking stupid. I mean, why would someone even want this as a joke? They had a Kickstarter and everything for this!

It uses TWO buttons.

The creator of the game is a regular in #Capcom on EFnet. I'm sure he will be there tonight if you want to give him a tongue lashing.

it was a parody game created by the FGC

there is actual strategy in the game based off of character selection, timing, distance, and jump height

probably sounds like there isn't much of any game mechanics behind the game, but I'm willing to assume OP will get destroyed by players that actually don't denigrate games based off of how simple they seem

As has been pointed out, this is wrong. You use TWO buttons. One for dive, and one for kick.

Have you seen it played, or played it? Maybe you should hold off with uninformed commentary until you have.

What I'm saying is, there's only evidence for one "retarded vegetable" in this thread.

You might want to look more into this. Dive Kick is initially a joke that has become a concept — a deconstruction of the fighting genre to it's most basic form.

As it has been mentioned, the player uses two buttons; one to dive and the other to kick. Each character has their specifics. Every round is a one hit KO. This minimal approach creates tension since the slightest mistake is fatal, thus requiring the player to use strategy in order to win.

You can see a presentation of TotalBiscuit at PAX here.

Remember, simple does not equate to stupid. The most simple concepts have given us some the best games ever made, in my opinion.

I watched the ign video of this and immediately thought it was a joke but it looks like they are serious. Hopefully it's just a casual, stupid game that fills a very small niche. Hopefully game developers don't start churning out stupid games like this taking resources away from better games.

Cool, another person telling everyone else what is fun or not. High horse...get off.

I watched the ign video of this and immediately thought it was a joke but it looks like they are serious. Hopefully it's just a casual, stupid game that fills a very small niche. Hopefully game developers don't start churning out stupid games like this taking resources away from better games.

Next time DiveKick is at a FGC tournament, i'm posting the stream link here so some people can get educated.

I thought this thread was going to be about a soccer game lol.

Dive kick sounds like fun though would be good for tie breakers or instead of a coin toss.

As has been pointed out, this is wrong. You use TWO buttons. One for dive, and one for kick.

Have you seen it played, or played it? Maybe you should hold off with uninformed commentary until you have.

What I'm saying is, there's only evidence for one "retarded vegetable" in this thread.

Such anger...the dark side calls...

In any case, I am going to start a kickstarter for a game that is just a quick-time event. No need for any buttons at all! Hah...I steal the thunder and make millions...MOOHOOHOOHAHA!!!

Such anger...the dark side calls...

In any case, I am going to start a kickstarter for a game that is just a quick-time event. No need for any buttons at all! Hah...I steal the thunder and make millions...MOOHOOHOOHAHA!!!

I guess I was wrong after all.

Make that two.

Imagine if you could play tetris with two buttons. That would make it the "OMG LAME END OF CIVILIZATION", right?

It's not anger, it's pity.

The angry people are just mad they don't have 6 buttons to mash instead of two. More buttons clearly makes you feel like a pro when you win by luck :p

There's nothing wrong with a little simplicity. A good chunk of mobile games are more simplistic than this and raking in the cash and making people happy.
It's fun, and there actually is some technique to it that adds to the replayability. It isn't trying to be Tekken or Street Fighter, but more along the lines of a fighting spin on Doodle Jump and the like.

There's nothing wrong with a little simplicity. A good chunk of mobile games are more simplistic than this and raking in the cash and making people happy.
It's fun, and there actually is some technique to it that adds to the replayability. It isn't trying to be Tekken or Street Fighter, but more along the lines of a fighting spin on Doodle Jump and the like.

The problem is that people believe Divekick to be yet another run-of-the-mill casual gaming title. While it can be played just for fun since it has simplistic gameplay, at high level the game requires strategy and skill.

The problem is that people believe Divekick to be yet another run-of-the-mill casual gaming title. While it can be played just for fun since it has simplistic gameplay, at high level the game requires strategy and skill.

That's no different than most classic arcade games, though. Anybody can pick up Pac Man, Frogger, Qbert, etc. but not everyone can be Billy Mitchell.
Dive kick certainly has depth if you want it to, but it's more old-school Atari or Karate Champ skill/depth than any modern fighting game.

That's no different than most classic arcade games, though. Anybody can pick up Pac Man, Frogger, Qbert, etc. but not everyone can be Billy Mitchell.
Dive kick certainly has depth if you want it to, but it's more old-school Atari or Karate Champ skill/depth than any modern fighting game.
I am not stating the contrary — in fact I agree with you. All I am saying is that 'arcade', to use your term, does not equate to 'casual'; in the sense that people are referring to here.

I will be picking this up on steam, has anybody making fun of this ever seen it played? Look up "UFGT8 divekick" on youtube or something. The concept is a joke and was meant to be. Just happens that everyone that plays it has fun.

Hopefully a well done macro key will allow me to play this game using only one button instead of two.

.....No worries JoeUser has been trolling the forums lately. Read on his comments on Bioshock Infinite. He said its a bad game not worthy of anything above a 6.5, he went on further by calling me and others in the thread stupid because we enjoyed the game.

Best part was when I gave him the example of Metacritic users reviews over 3100 9/10's and above and very few garbage reviews. He then said see 5 or 6 of those reviews agree the game is shit so you are a moron for liking that trash.

Summary = Trolls be Trolling

Wow I've never met anyone, even non-gamers, who haven't been impressed by Bioshock Infinite's way of dragging you into the game and intriguing the player/watcher.

This game, on the other hand, I'd have to play it with some buds to say anything.

You see, I look at this game and I DESPERATELY want to play it. It looks like loads of quick fun invetween UT games at a LAN party.

You see, I look at this game and I DESPERATELY want to play it. It looks like loads of quick fun invetween UT games at a LAN party.

I was thinking the same, and you can probably play it drunk ;) I like the fact anyone could watch a round, pick it up, and probably have a decent go at it. Hmmm, wonder if there would be a way to make a Divekick drinking game? :confused:

Back