Disturbing High-Tech “Bleeding” Billboard

HardOCP News

[H] News
Look, I get the fact that people drive like crap when it rains but is this high-tech billboard the answer? Jeez. You’d think more people would crash staring at stigmata-boy on the side of the road than they would from the rain.

That's kinda dumb IMO.

I think it also has a lot to do with their tiny ass roads with little markings. Driving there is dangerous already as it is without the rain they get. I remember that we could not fit an RV through many of the roadways there as they are too narrow.

thats...extreme. we should just try putting a live crackhead on a billboard like stage and see if we can cut down on drug use too.

Advertisers do shit like this, and then wonder why they're hated. Assholes. :mad:

Someone should hack a Vagina to replace the kids face.

Is it just me, or was the newscaster chick hot but unbelievably boring.

My guess would be a lot of rainy day accidents are caused by the a-holes that go 20 under at the first sight of a rain droplet. Everyone piles up behind them and inevitably tail gates if it is the morning or evening rush.

Eh, doesn't matter where in the world, as the precipitation rate goes up, intelligence for driving goes down. The inverse relation is a scientific fact :D

people just dont change their driving habits when it rains. precipitation doesn't make people stupid, the lack of fundamental knowledge in physics does. people LOVE LOVE LOVE to stay 10ft behind the guy in front of them going 60mph (because 10ft close gets you there quicker)... theyre so close that ONLY on dry pavement will they ever have a chance to stop if need be. when it rains, for whatever reason people think the rules stay the same and your car will just stop on a dime like cool dry asphalt.

God Bless Americans. We watch a news video about a potentially controversial road sign, its impact, and the repercussions. But always, and I do mean ALWAYS, one of us has to say...."damn, that chick was hot."

HAHAHAH

-EGA

I think the problem they have is they drive on the wrong fucking side of the road. :p

I hate live billboards. It's bad enough driving down the highway at night and you have 17 million candle power OLED billboards glaring you in the face.

It's just as dangerous to drive under the limit as it is to drive over...

as far as the billboard... that's just freaken creepy....

I was going to call you an idiot, but instead I will say that you are ignorant to the inherant dangers of speeding as apposed to the reduced amount of danger when driving slower.

The only thing you have to remember is that we are driving around in giant metal boxes with a surprisingly small amount of rubber providing traction.

In saying that, I am not known for driving at or below the speed limit, however I am more carefull during adverse weather conditions.

x2 ... How about a little more of her and a little less of that 2nd lady.

Yup, we do have boring newscasters here... like they are reading off a script or something, I mean they do read it off it but.. you know what I meant...

Maybe there are so many wrecks because they drive on the wrong side of the road.

No, driving left is the right side of the road.. wait that don't really make sense :p

God Bless Americans. We watch a news video about a potentially controversial road sign, its impact, and the repercussions. But always, and I do mean ALWAYS, one of us has to say...."damn, that chick was hot."

HAHAHAH

-EGA

That's not an American thing, it's a male thing. It doesn't matter if it's a nuclear war going on, the first thing that comes to mind is not "where is the closest fallout shelter?" it's "which fallout shelter has the hottest chicks?"

Also because of Flight of the Conchords I can't take anyone speaking with a New Zealand accent seriously anymore.

Wonder how many people will crash while they look at that damn sign as they pass by it.

The thing which causes the most crashes here in NZ, would be the madness that goes on in the passing lanes as either people pass quickly then slam on the brakes as they get to the end where there is a speed trap almost always (easy revenue gathering, comprising of either Redflex K-band speed cameras, Stalker DSR Ka Band Patrol Car Units or BOTH).

Or there's the morons that are so afraid of getting the tickets in those aforementioned speed traps they spend more than 1KM passing a few cars - sometimes the passing lane ends before they've finished passing......

I was going to call you an idiot, but instead I will say that you are ignorant to the inherant dangers of speeding as apposed to the reduced amount of danger when driving slower.

The only thing you have to remember is that we are driving around in giant metal boxes with a surprisingly small amount of rubber providing traction.

In saying that, I am not known for driving at or below the speed limit, however I am more carefull during adverse weather conditions.

Going slow in the midst of fast moving cars is not safe. You are exposed to more people and most of those people are performing maneuvers to get around you. How is that safer than cruising at the pace of traffic? Hence, going slow can be bad too.

I agree we should slow down when visibility decreases and increase distance between cars any time traction is reduced. I do not however appreciate being stuck behind some A-hole doing 30 in a 55 because there is a light sprinkle.

I've driven in L.A. and D.C. and now in Arizona. When it rains or at noon with temps in the 100+ category, Arizonans are hands down the worst drivers I have ever seen. Turn signals are optional by law. ANYTHING that gets people to look up from their cell phones and pay attention to their driving, is a plus in my book.

In Arizona, speed limits are viewed as minimums. Not only do people not understand basic physics, they think being rear ended when they cut someone off is a good thing. It means they can get their piece of crap upgraded, if they survive of course.

I'll have to slap my daughter for not telling me about these billboards before I read about it here. NZ rocks.

Back