Disturbed: Indestructible mp3 album $3.99 at Amazon....

Everything at the Amazon MP3 store is DRM free.

Thanks OP, I've liked most of Disturbed's newer stuff so for $4 I think I'll check this out.

Meh, not worth as much as was 10000 fists, and there is no way in hell amazon would offer their first two for 3.99. Its only good if you never heard the album, and you like disturbed.

I think its their best album since the debut. Maybe better. Its got much more prominent guitar solos, but above all, far better mastering than all their previous albums. Much less clipping. I was fairly surprised, in fact.
Of course I bought the CD, not MP3s, so YMMV.

I think this is their best album. It has the hardest edge and doesn't rely on cursing nonstop like all the retard-bands do.

doh! i bought this off amazon with pepsi points maybe 2 weeks ago.

it's probably their most solid to date, though it does run into the fundamental problem with disturbed albums, after roughly track 5 or so the songs start getting very generic and start blending...and lost a bit of edge.

totally worth 4 bucks though. Really nice to have some standard solos back in music. I was getting tired of either getting the return to 80s metal solo's or the crazy prog hour long solos. nice to see some decently produced bands with good old wah pentatonic stuff

Why in the world would anyone purchase mp3's, even four dollars worth?

Download the mp3's somewhere else for free. There are many places, yes LEGAL, that allow you to download at least a clip of the song for free in order to get a listen. If you like it, buy the actual CD - ya know, the lossless versions of the songs.

Sorry if I sound a bit rash. Someone care to enlighten?

It's 4 dollars, you don't have to leave the house, and it will take only 5 mins to get them.

$3.99 for an entire album? What a terrible time to be a rockstar.

the record companies take most cash from cd sales anyway and given that there's n packaging, shipping to retailer, etc.. there's a lot less overhead (cds are overpriced anyway these days -- 16-18 bucks half the time..yeesh)

It's 4 dollars, you don't have to leave the house, and it will take only 5 mins to get them.

To be fair, I've bought several hundred CDs in 2008 from the comfort of my computer chair. With Amazon Prime, I have them in 2 days time, typically. Many under $10.

To be fair, I've bought several hundred CDs in 2008 from the comfort of my computer chair. With Amazon Prime, I have them in 2 days time, typically. Many under $10.

IN most cases, most of us would be ripping it to our computers anyway, and using MP3 players in cars for when travelling.

The days of physical media for music are passing quickly.

So, let's recap:

5 minutes and $4 vs $10 and 2 days (Not including Prime membership nor the added time of ripping the album.)

IN most cases, most of us would be ripping it to our computers anyway, and using MP3 players in cars for when travelling.

The days of physical media for music are passing quickly.

So, let's recap:

5 minutes and $4 vs $10 and 2 days (Not including Prime membership nor the added time of ripping the album.)

OTOH, the CD gets you the album cover and art and allows you to rip at a higher quality level, such as 320 kbps, or as a lossless format like WAV.

I've paid $0.99 for certain tracks from Amazon in the past for songs I really wanted. :eek: Disturbed is a great band. :cool:

OTOH, the CD gets you the album cover and art and allows you to rip at a higher quality level, such as 320 kbps, or as a lossless format like WAV.

I've paid $0.99 for certain tracks from Amazon in the past for songs I really wanted. :eek: Disturbed is a great band. :cool:

You can get cover art from a dozen sources publicly available or from itunes/zune.

As for the sample rate, most non-super-audiophiles survive at 256 or lower.

Download the mp3's somewhere else for free. There are many places, yes LEGAL, that allow you to download at least a clip of the song for free in order to get a listen. If you like it, buy the actual CD - ya know, the lossless versions of the songs.

How about to support a band I like without lining the record labels pockets with most of the cash? It took me 2 minutes to order, anther 5 minutes to burn, I can't get nearest store in ten. do the math here, and as far as quilaty I can't tell the difference between high end MP3 a FLAC files so why do I care?

Yeah, unless you have extremely expensive audio equipment you won't hear a difference. A lot of people buy expensive audio setups or feel attached to what they have and say they can hear the difference to justify paying more for the higher bitrate or for the equipment, but again you need some seriously expensive equipment to really hear it. Most people want to hear the difference, then as a result think they're hearing a difference, when really they're just convincing themselves they hear a difference.

Yeah, unless you have extremely expensive audio equipment you won't hear a difference. A lot of people buy expensive audio setups or feel attached to what they have and say they can hear the difference to justify paying more for the higher bitrate or for the equipment, but again you need some seriously expensive equipment to really hear it. Most people want to hear the difference, then as a result think they're hearing a difference, when really they're just convincing themselves they hear a difference.

It's been on my to-do list to do a double-blindfold test w/ the help of a friend on a couple tracks I have on CD by encoding them at various sample rates along w/ their WAV files to compare and contrast them. I just haven't gotten around to it yet. :eek: I have a decent home theater system w/ good speakers; but the listening environment is not ideal (room is rather bright from an audio perspective). Or I can do this via high quality headphones that I have. Has anyone conducted such a double-blindfold audio test?

Even if you couldn't hear the difference, if high-end audio is your hobby, you're not going to waste your time and money on MP3s. Thats like buying a home theater setup to watch movies off your ipod instead of Blu Ray. Total waste of time.

Some are 320. Some CDs I've got from them said 256 but were 320 when I downloaded them.

Hmmm, guess I should have said "at least" 256:) Thanks for the heads up!

Regarding quality...for me, I can tell a difference UP TO 192. After that, I can't tell a difference. It varies for each person I'm sure.

Hope you guys enjoyed the album and deal.

EDIT: Deal is still alive as of 922am EST on 8/28.

This album is AWESOME. Personally, it is my favorite by the band. I highly recommend it... they are one of the few metal bands I like to be honest.

All of the Amazon MP3s I've download so far are 256Kbps VBR. Also, they seem to have a few out-of-print albums that I couldn't find without going to a used store.

Thanks for the find. I love these guys and the price is great.
The stupid amazon downloader wont work for me so I had to call them.
I got the links and all was good.

Back