District 9 Director Uses Unity Game Engine for Latest Project

DooKey

[H]F Junkie
Neill Blomkamp is well known for his classic movie, District 9, and now he's decided to branch out in another direction and use the Unity engine for his next project. He was invited by Unity to use their engine to develop an expansion to ADAM: Chapter 1 and the result was ADAM: The Mirror. I think after you check out the video below you'll find that the Unity engine brings a lot to the table for movie development.

Watch the video here.

These are supposed to be rendered in real time. I wonder what are the rig (rigs?)specs

Looks interesting, at least more so than 90% of the crap that's coming out lately. I hope this one branches out more than the neo/Jesus mankind are more monstrous than the monsters theme he is now known for. Doubt it though.

looks terrible.
like his films post District 9
Pretty much every film of his is "brought to you by the director of District 9."

In this respect, he is just like the Wachowskis. "Brought to you by the directors of The Matrix."

Even M Night Shamylan has at least more than one decent film under his belt (I'm thinking of Sixth Sense and Unbreakable).

Edit: I forgot Sixth Sense was not called Signs,

Last edited:
Elysium was good. Has he been blackballed by hollywood or something? Why hasnt he been able to direct much of anything since Chappie? He knows how to set up a shot, good camera work, good action scenes, etc. All of his shorts have been spectacular for a short.

Last edited:
Elysium was good. Has he been blackballed by hollywood or something? Why hasnt he been able to direct much of anything since Chappie?

You answered your own question there. :D:D

Even M Night Shamylan has at least more than one decent film under his belt (I'm thinking of Signs and Unbreakable).

I'd say The Sixth Sense was his best but I liked both of those also.

Neill Blompkamp hasn't done enough to be known for anything else yet. I did like District 9 and Elysium, I never got around to watching Chappie though.

I am digging all the Oats Studios shorts so far. I hope they keep it up.

hmmm, the first part really felt like a scene at an office on monday morning after a long holiday weekend as the workers file back in towards their cubicles

I would have liked Chappie if it weren't for the accents/voices. That lady is like nails on chalkboard to me.

Reactions: Rahh
like this
I'd say The Sixth Sense was his best but I liked both of those also.

Neill Blompkamp hasn't done enough to be known for anything else yet. I did like District 9 and Elysium, I never got around to watching Chappie though.

I am digging all the Oats Studios shorts so far. I hope they keep it up.
Split is Shyamalan's best to-date.

Ignore the haters. Chappie is an excellent movie. If you enjoyed District 9 and Elysium then you'll like Chappie.

I liked District 9 and Elysium was ok at best but the rest of his stuff is crap.

Back