District 9 Director to Helm new RoboCop Movie

DooKey

[H]F Junkie
MGM has selected District 9 Director Neill Blomkamp to helm a new sequel to RoboCop called RoboCop Returns. This sequel is supposed to pick up the story line from the original and continue from there. Further, Mr. Blomkamp wants to make this movie about the human connection and it will probably have some sort of story relating to how Murphy is struggling with his returning memories. I just hope it doesn't devolve into some sort of garbage diversity movie. However, if the new sequel has gratuitous violence, copious amounts of nudity, and snappy one-liners then I'd buy that for a dollar. Also, this movie needs to be so good it makes MGM delete all copies of the other two crap fests they made after the original.

“The original definitely had a massive effect on me as a kid,” Blomkamp told Deadline. “I loved it then and it remains a classic in the end of 20th Century sci-fi catalog, with real meaning under the surface. Hopefully that is something we can get closer to in making of a sequel. That is my goal here.

If there is no Peter Weller there is no robocop. Luckily he is still around. I enjoyed him in that somewhat recent Star Trek movie. Maybe Wellers Robocop could return as an obsolete model brought back online to save the day from omnicorps newest line of oppressive robots.

The remake was the biggest POS ever. Now I can't do anything but get involuntary spasms when I hear or read "robocop"
And I absolutely loved the original 1 and 2. They were brilliant, hell they still are. There aren't many movies from my childhood that I still think are great today, but these are.

Personally i think they should have given Ridley Scott the boot off the latest Alien movies and tried out Blomkamp's ideas. Scotts had 2 barely average "Alien" moves in a row ffs. About time they gave someone else a turn with some new ideas.

I would rather see them remaster the original and re-release it. That original is just one of those movies that hits all the marks.

I feel for anyone trying to follow it.

I'd by that for a dollar!
tumblr_mq626ggznv1qedb29o1_500.gif

.......... Also, this movie needs to be so good it makes MGM delete all copies of the other two crap fests they made after the original...........
Wait there's:
RC1. Good
RC2. Great
RC3. honking piece of shit!
RC TV. Only saw bits of it visiting Spencer's Gifts. no judgement.....
RC short series. never saw it
RC 2014 remake, meh, ok I guess.

I'm missing something?

Did anyone like the reboot of Dredd? I really enjoyed it and would like to see a sequel. Maybe that director and/or writers can do the new Robocop unless you think the movie needs a little more camp. As far as the 2014 Robocop...meh, it was ok. One scene that always stuck out to me in the original is when he hit that guy that was covered in toxic waste and how he just 'spilled' over the car. So gross but so memorable. Can't think of anything in the 2014 version that stuck out unlike the original.

Last edited:
Wait there's:
RC1. Good
RC2. Great
RC3. honking piece of shit!
RC TV. Only saw bits of it visiting Spencer's Gifts. no judgement.....
RC short series. never saw it
RC 2014 remake, meh, ok I guess.

I'm missing something?
This. I thought the first two were great, 3 was meh, the reboot was ass.

Karl Urban perfectly captured the essence of Dredd -- less a man, more of a force of nature that just happens to be in the service of the law.

The remake took a smart approach -- "just another working day in the life of Dredd".

I love that he never took his helmet off which was more true to the comic. I feel like most studios like to write in reasons to show the actors face too much so they can say "see, see, look at the A-list actor we hired to play this character." Yeah, I know because I can read credits and I don't magically think the character is a different actor halfway through the movie. Now put the damn mask/helmet back on. Think of all the Spider-Man movies for how many times this happened.

Did anyone like the reboot of Dredd? I really enjoyed it and would like to see a sequel. Maybe that director and/or writers can do the new Robocop unless you think the movie needs a little more camp. As far as the 2014 Robocop...meh, it was ok. One scene that always stuck out to me in the original is when he hit that guy that was covered in toxic waste and how he just 'spilled' over the car. So gross but so memorable. Can't think of anything in the 2014 version that stuck out unlike the original.
Dredd was great, shame they're not doing the squeal. I think they were going to do the Death Judges iirc.
The 90's ver was good also.

You forgot the Robocop cartoon. Which was also awesome.
The first two films are great.
We deserved a proper Robocop Vs. The Terminator; at least we got the Sega Genesis version of the game which was supposed to be based off of the movie more than the comic.
Then the movie was canceled so they scrapped the planned story cuts.

Fuck the robocop movie.

Am still waiting for district 9 part 2, fuckers even said it at the end of the movie, they will be back.

About fucking time they got back instead of fucking off to ruin the name of another good movie.

New robocop will not be as good as the first.

We need a proper Aliens vs Predator movie via the 4 issue comic book run that takes place on an alien planet and humans are caught in the middle where it is filmed kind of documentary style. I also really enjoyed the Batman vs Predator books but that movie will never get made but maybe we might get lucky and DC greenlight an animated version, something I would prefer more since the writing is stronger on their animated videos rather than their live movies.

I don't need the gratuitous stuff, but the extreme violence scene at the beginning, really, really, really made you dislike the bad guys.

Fuck the robocop movie.

Am still waiting for district 9 part 2, fuckers even said it at the end of the movie, they will be back.

About fucking time they got back instead of fucking off to ruin the name of another good movie.

New robocop will not be as good as the first.
Shh, it's ok, now go watch the Ghostbusters and Poltergeist remakes while drink two cups of Drano(DON'T DRINK THE FUCKING DRANO!!!) as you slowly slip to sleep, dreaming of those fond childhood memories they took a shit on.

If there is no Peter Weller there is no robocop. Luckily he is still around. I enjoyed him in that somewhat recent Star Trek movie. Maybe Wellers Robocop could return as an obsolete model brought back online to save the day from omnicorps newest line of oppressive robots.
Do him full CGI except maybe the face or just the voice whatever works. Dude is skeletal old.

Karl Urban perfectly captured the essence of Dredd -- less a man, more of a force of nature that just happens to be in the service of the law.

The remake took a smart approach -- "just another working day in the life of Dredd".

Agreed the remake of Dredd is much closer to the source material than Stallone's version in the 90s.

I hope we get another one.

Back