Dissapointed with EQ2 ....

IDF

Limp Gawd
I loved Eq1 partially because i played a solo class.

Everyone ranted eq2 will be the soloer's choice but from what i have seen so far its not that at all.

The first zone isle of refuge anything good to kill you need a grp, and its almost like Daoc in a way(even thouugh i havent played daoc for a long period at all).

I been asking peops ingame what they though and most agreed it seems like you need grps still, and i dont think nor have i been to far in to see if you can solo more.

im thinking of buying WOW hoping it will be more soloable but i dont know.

Darn whycant it be like the first year of ultima online(LOL). Them were the days. Could kill people's with 2 lightning hits. I dunno about Guildwars, i just love massive mmorpg's. i think ima gonna cancel eq2.

EQ2 makes it practically impossible to solo due to most mobs being grouped together. Though I personally have no problem with this since I prefer to group.

You can solo in WoW all the way up to the cap. But you need a group for instanced dungeons and raid content (obviously). Go with WoW if you prefer to solo... or even if you're a grouper like me since it's the better game anyways. (IMO)

I played the EQ2 beta with some guild mates, it was ok, but very hard to do anything on your own.

WoW has a good balance of both. As a hunter, I found it hard to solo in areas with lots of mobs until level 10, then i got my pet and solo the crap out of everything. EQ2 also felt very grindy and was a bitch to get around. EQ2 looks great, but everything seems over the top. WoW is a better game in my opinion. EQ2 feels like a 2nd job.

WoW comes out on the 23rd, that is the day I lose what little free time I have.

Hell, WoW already removed my extra sleep time.

Wow maybe i will get it then if you guys say its more soloable.

Not that i hate grps but i like to not count on them for everything. i had and still have an uber twank 65 shammie and others in eq1 which kicks arse i think compared to eq2. im just pissed that i watsed 50 bucks on the dang game and its not what the hype was gona be
Sure its pretty and all, but when you make it too complex to fight its just not for me. heck i rather go back to eq1 then eq2 even though i could be premature on my conclusion i dont think i am mistaking. thanks for the input, definatley gonna look into WOW .

I like EQ2 so far... imo if your playing a PvE game like EQ2 you should plan on grouping, where as WoW is more of a solo game with PvP as well. That's why I'm playing EQ2, for the grouping and community. I also find it interesting with the whole HO system, makes everyone in the group stay focused. :D

ya wow = soloable, also the downtime isnt that much, cause if u cant heal yourself, feed yourself some hp or drink for mana, its really a fun game and you're almost always doing something worthwhile

If you need a group to kill the creatures on the Isle of Refuge that is pretty sad, and I don't believe a word you say...

There are many creatures that are soloable on the isle of refuge, and most don't even aggro you unless you hurt them first. It literally takes a half hour to solo to level 7 and then get off that island, you don't need to go on any groups there. You just get in, get your Archetype, then get out and on to Queynos or Freeport. Sounds like to me you haven't been playing long enough if all you mention is the Isle of Refuge...

I have been playing the game quite a bit and I haven't had ANY problems finding mobs to solo, infact I have found it easiar to solo! For one, I am able to kill them faster and get more exp that way, and 2 a lot of the times groups can be a hastle for me unless i need a quest... even then its not really hard to find a group.

You should just play through it to level 15 or so and then see what you think about it... I think you will enjoy it. I also played WoW beta and I didn't really like it.. I just didin't liek the cartoonishness of it and the environment, however I did like the gameplay. However I also like the EQ2 gameplay much better because I think it can be a little more complex, which I like, and I enjoy the graphics and the general atmosphere. If you don't like the game after level 15 or so than I guess its just not meant to be!

IDF said:
I loved Eq1 partially because i played a solo class.

Everyone ranted eq2 will be the soloer's choice but from what i have seen so far its not that at all.

The first zone isle of refuge anything good to kill you need a grp, and its almost like Daoc in a way(even thouugh i havent played daoc for a long period at all).

I been asking peops ingame what they though and most agreed it seems like you need grps still, and i dont think nor have i been to far in to see if you can solo more.

im thinking of buying WOW hoping it will be more soloable but i dont know.

Darn whycant it be like the first year of ultima online(LOL). Them were the days. Could kill people's with 2 lightning hits. I dunno about Guildwars, i just love massive mmorpg's. i think ima gonna cancel eq2.

What about the boss mobs on the isle of refuge? You can solo EQ2 if all you do is grind the same mobs.

I was a summoner and it was still difficult to solo out in the commonlands. Sure, I could lay to waste single mobs but group aggros always ended horribly.

But like I said, you flew solo on the boss mobs on Isle of Refuge? Maybe you didn't do them...........

Warmonkey said:
What about the boss mobs on the isle of refuge? You can solo EQ2 if all you do is grind the same mobs.

I was a summoner and it was still difficult to solo out in the commonlands. Sure, I could lay to waste single mobs but group aggros always ended horribly.

But like I said, you flew solo on the boss mobs on Isle of Refuge? Maybe you didn't do them...........

I never did any boss mobs on the Isle of Refuge... I never needed to, or wanted to! I just wanted to get off... I figure the only use for that Island is to quickly level than leave...

Anyway I just have been able to find things to solo and not get really bored, and I usually quit mmo's because I am bored... but I guess thats just me.

Actually, the island is much better place to play the low levels than off the island. You get much better rewards (and most classes get some great noobie armor from the quests) for things you do. As far as it not being soloable, there's all of like 3 mobs on the island that I think you really need a group to handle - as long as you're not trying to take on 3x level 4 mobs when you're level 4 yourself.

Unlike single-player RPGs, it's a lot harder to limit people's mobility between areas so, if you're a low-level character, stay where the low level mobs are. If you want to go against stronger monsters, make some friends - there's a reason you have the "LFG" button.

If you cant even make it through the Island of Refuge without getting bored, then EQ2 is not the game for you.

I'm not even sure we're playing the same game, because i've pretty much soloed my way to 25 in beta (played at work, which was impossible to group). There are solo mobs EVERYWHERE, but i liked soloing low green mobs that were group flagged. The group bonus xp makes it better than soloing yellows (which i did regularly till 20, where then i had to switch to even). Oh, and i was a guardian.

i have 3 toons in EQ2 in thier 20's and have not joined a group yet

you do NOT need to group to level up in eq2

The most soloable game i've ever played must be Asheron's Call, Once your level 80 -100 you can take on just about any mob, creature, etc..

WoW is just plaing old WOW!
I played stress and open, it was nothing short of amazing!

I'm glad to see that people are really enjoying WoW and recommending it to others, it truley is a great game.

World Of Warcraft is very easy to solo. That's one reason I am getting the game. I don't have a lot of playtime on my hands and when I get home I don't want to wait for a party for one hour :p Final Fantasy Online is much worse. I spent half a day searching for a group in Jeuno while I was farming :p I just want to start killing as soon as I log on :)

Why pay monthly fees for a game just to solo through it? The experience would be no different than an offline game, like Morrowind. Take advantage of the opportunity to meet people and beat up on orcs together - it can be alot of fun. There are some nice people in EQ2.

I'm enjoying this game very much. There's a heck of alot of content to keep you busy, and the good graphics sure doesn't hurt.

Elias said:
Why pay monthly fees for a game just to solo through it? The experience would be no different than an offline game, like Morrowind. Take advantage of the opportunity to meet people and beat up on orcs together - it can be alot of fun.

i personally like to solo because i find it more beneficial, my main goal is to pvp, and to pvp u need to be high lvl, thats when ill group

Back