Displays with picture by picture modes?

kasakka

2[H]4U
Other than the ASUS ProArt PA32UC and the upcoming ASUS XG438Q, what displays support running multiple inputs simultaneously side by side? This seems to be a pretty rare yet useful feature if you want to run two computers into one screen without having to switch between the two all the time.

Its called Picture in Picture or PiP.
Most displays I came across that can do it only allow different types of input.
ie HDMI + analogue input. But not HDMI + HDMI

Its called Picture in Picture or PiP.
Most displays I came across that can do it only allow different types of input.
ie HDMI + analogue input. But not HDMI + HDMI

Picture in picture is different. It shows another input in a smaller window in the corner while Picture by picture shows them side by side. The afore-mentioned ASUS displays support both options. I don't know if other manufacturers call it PiP but still allow them side by side so you can have one input take 50% of the screen space horizontally or vertically.

Picture in picture is different. It shows another input in a smaller window in the corner while Picture by picture shows them side by side. The afore-mentioned ASUS displays support both options. I don't know if other manufacturers call it PiP but still allow them side by side so you can have one input take 50% of the screen space horizontally or vertically.
Thanks for your help lol, I learned something.

I think all or nearly all of the 43" 16:9 monitors (e.g. the Dell 43", the LG 43", etc.) support PbP and at least the Samsung 49" super ultrawides do as well. Generally anything bigger than a standard Ultrawide should support it. Any large business-directed monitor will likely have it.

I would say: check LG in general. Them and Dell. They're the two companies most likely to have PIP and PBP. Most other companies aren't bothering to add additional features, but those two more than others are catering to people using displays for Office and mixed media. My super old 2005FPW (which I'm getting rid of) as an example has it. As does my (new to me) LG 31mu97 (not sold anymore though unfortunately).

Back