Displayport Link Failure (pls help)

Vengar

n00b
I have 3 new ASUS VE276Q's. I am running a Sapphire Vapor X 5870 in Eyefinity. I can get eyefinity to work just fine (monitors are grouped in the proper positions). The problem I have presents itself whenever I start a game (like battlefield bad company 2 for example). Whenever the came starts the monitor using the dp goes to sleep. I have the newest ATI drivers and everything seems to be installed properly. I even updated my bios. I also know its configured properly because I was able to get left for dead 2 up and running but no other games seem to work.

Please help.

What adapter are you using? Or are you using DP directly?

I know that ATI released a BIOS update a while back...I think the increased the voltage for the DP output in that BIOS. Might want to contact Sapphire about getting an updated BIOS.

Nah these monitors support dp directly. I am using two DVI and one DP. I actually can now get Left 4 Dead 2 to work but every other game has issues. I have an evga x58 classified board with an up to date bios but you think maybe I would have to increase the voltage for the DP using something ATI or sapphire released?

I'm specifically talking about ATI's vBIOS. Trying to find the ATI article about it...

Ah gotcha much appreciated. The only thing that concerns me about flashing the bios for the gpu would be that I am using the sapphire vapor x 1gb 5870 OC edition. I got a support ticket out with Sapphire but haven't received a response just yet.

Alright so I now have it working in every game I have tested. The only problem now is in most games the DP native monitor still goes to sleep and I have to minimize the game, go into CCC, click on detect displays then go right back into the game and it works that way. Not much of a permanent solution. I have a support rep from Sapphire engaged in the early stages ("try different drivers?, try JUST the dp monitor"" etc)

Back