Display recommendation: freesync, 1440p, 24-27", 100hz

ekuest

Supreme [H]ardness
Hey all, been off the forums a while but am finally going to be replacing my old Gateway XHD3000 I had for about 6 years. I have no clue about monitors since that one basically fell into my lap, but I do know I want freesync and greater than 60hz, I would like to try 100. Higher than that is unnecessary at this time. My space limitations and just the pain of using a 30" screen for so long are pushing me toward the 24"-27" range. And the resolution is just because I don't think I could go back to 1080p, though if there is a really good deal or a highly praised monitor that fits all my other criteria and is only 1080 then I could probably work with that if it was a 24".

My budget is whatever it takes but most important to me is bang for buck. I saw there's a new Viewsonic, the VX2457-MHD that might fit the bill at a very attractive price point, though it's only 1080p so I'd be willing to spend a little more for 1440p.

Thanks for taking a look, and if you have any other considerations I haven't thought of, I'm all ears. I've been out of pc building for years and am especially behind on displays.

Back