Display Help! For Gaming/Work. 1440p, GSYNC, 144hz+

NIZMOZ

2[H]4U
Help me find a monitor. I currently use a Dell U3415W for my daily tasks and gaming. But since it is only 60hz, I would like to at least double that for my gaming needs. I love the clarity of this screen, so I want to try and not lose that. Size wise, minimum 27" but up from there, but I also don't want to play panel lottery. I already have tried the Dell S2716 a year ago, and the banding on that thing was terrible. Won't make that mistake again.

No budget. Want the best. I just spent $3k on my gaming system. Monitor I won't be cheap on. I have a Asus Strix 1080ti OC with my i7-8700k machine.

Or should I wait a few months for other new one to come out?

No budget?

Wait for the
PG27UQ

oh and buy me one too since your budget is good ;-0

Looks like no 10xx series card can power that monitor good enough to play. So, I would say that monitor is out. :(

DisplayPort 1.4 is responsible for the 4K resolution running a 144Hz refresh rate along with HDR, and will so require a more powerful graphics card than the Nvidia GTX 10xx series, which is still unavailable.

There is no really good display that meets your criteria, they all have significant issues or drawbacks.

The Dell S2716DG(revision 7+ don't have the same issues as earlier panels from what I've read)and LG 32GK850G seem to be the most popular. Personally I'd like a good 30 in TN 144hz 1440p panel, but there are none, moving to 32 just won't gain me any meaningful ppi over my 27.5 1920x1200. Plus you're stuck with a VA panel.

Just got the Dell S2716DG myself and its fucking incredible. 27" 1440p 144hz 1ms ??? Cant beat that. Colors look amazing for a TN panel too once calibrated through ICC profiles i downloded.

The Dell like I mentioned has too many banding issues and I won't own one again. Thanks.

Back