Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered

primetime

Supreme [H]ardness
Just wanted to see who else has been getting these issues. I can fix mine by not using any driver newer than 17.7s but some have reported theirs being fixed by using the newer driver. I NEVER got these much if any with my older Tahit card. What are they fucking up in the driver to cause these errors? I wonder if https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/694754/geforce-drivers/tdr-manipulator-v1-1-02-23-2014-/ would correct things. Its NOT faulty hardware if the older drivers are 100% stable.. This thread is more about cause and effect of Tdr's

By any chance, are you using Windows 10 with the Creator's Update? It's been known to cause these TDR issues.

I seem to have resolved it by using DDU and doing a clean install of the drivers.

By any chance, are you using Windows 10 with the Creator's Update? It's been known to cause these TDR issues.

I seem to have resolved it by using DDU and doing a clean install of the drivers.
yep and both.....well actually a newer insider build. But then the question is what was changed in AMD driver from 17.7 to newer (17.8 or 17.9). The only game im currently playing (DX12 The Division) can play 24/7 all day with zero issues....update past 17.7 and with in minutes it sorta seems to hang and then CTD's. Looking in event viewer shows an AMD driver TDR when the game minimizes and disappears.

But it did also crossed my mind this could be related to the windows build im using....but the best i can do is restore a backup to the CU official update. (which from what you say wont help)

edit: using that Tdr Manipulator seems to of fixed it so far. :)

Last edited:
Either 17.9.3 is fixed or wattman was the problem all along......I tried the driver just using afterburner to overclock and NEVER opening wattman after new driver install and no more crashes

Back