Disney Wants to Dump Star Wars Boss Kathleen Kennedy, but There’s a Problem

Partly because they made a Han Solo movie but didn't actually put Han Solo in it.
It was some other guy with the same name, and it was more about his ex-girlfriend than him anyway.

Ironic when the hero of the movie is not the hero of the movie. His girlfriend saved him multiple times, just because a man, especially a white straight (or pansexual, it appears) one, cannot be a hero anymore.

Not at all. Do you not know any fanatical Star Wars fans? Mara Jade is crazy popular.

I don’t consider myself a fanatic but...my daughters name IS Mara Jade.

I have been praying for years Kennedy goes, will we see it though? Maybe like next year. I liked TFA “ok”, TLJ was awful, one of the worst movies I’ve ever seen and I hate what they did to Luke.

I'm not threatened by "The Force is Female"... I just want a damn good movie like the original 3. And I'll even say Episode III and Rogue One were good, too. So its not impossible, its just that the their batting average of good movies to all they've made lately would get them demoted to Single-A, and this franchise is too old to be in the minors.

*Edit* shit, I quoted to wrong person. Damn mobile. I meant to quote Cyraxx.

The box office on TLJ dropped fast after the initial skyhigh spike. Fans went to see the movie in masses like usual, but after finding out what kind of shitfest it was they did not go see it again and nobody bought the toys either. And after that Solo tanked hard. There is a chance that people did not go see Solo because it was not a movie people asked for but personally I doubt it, that is not the way Star Wars fans behave. After TLJ I did not go see Solo either, I felt like Star Wars was dead to me. A feeling I never expected to feel.

Last edited:
The box office on TLJ dropped fast after the initial skyhigh spike. Fans went to see the movie in masses like usual, but after finding out what kind of shitfest it was they did not go see it again and nobody bought the toys either. And after that Solo tanked hard. There is a chance that people did not go see Solo because it was not a movie people asked for but personally I doubt it, that is not the way Star Wars fans behave. After TLJ I did not go see Solo either, I felt like Star Wars was dead to me. A feeling I never expected to feel.

I didn’t go see Solo because TLJ was so atrocious.

All of you in here crowing about how the series is dead... how many of you are going to go see Episode IX like sheep?

The only way to get it through these SJW shitbirds head that they need to course correct is to boycott all upcoming movies until they right the ship.

If you go see IX then you are the problem, not the producers. Same goes if you are complaining but went to see Solo.

"If you didn't watch it in theater in '77 then you're no true fan and have no say in it" "I didn't like this so it's bad" "SJW!!!!!!!!!!!!" The so called "Star Wars hardcore fanbase here is a lovely bunch....

I Agree the Last Jedi was heavily flawed but I've seen worse, Solo did a lot wrong it was more just a story in the SW universe and not to bad (minus Solo didn't feel like Han Solo in later films but eh wte). And Solo went up against a way to strong set of movies with bad marketing... plus the "tanking" of solo only made ~350m (275m budget) the rest of the new movies: RO 530m (200), FA 930m(245m), LJ 620m(250m) and that is not counting any of the merch so i'm sure Disney is crying all the way to the bank... And laughing for all the free advertising all crybaby fans give them, kids still like SW and kids are cheaper to make toys for and fool with crappy movies...

HOWEVER, Disney do need to put out something really good if they want to continue to milk the franchise (the Disney SW has been pretty average and uninteresting, but so was much of Ep1-3) but the vocal "old" fans need start acting like grownups and gatekeep less...

Solo tanked, which is why this is coming up now.

You're right though. Disney's number one concern is profit. They couldn't care less if hardcore fans are happy or if political agendas are in their films, but when either of those things gets in the way of their money, they're going to fix it by any means necessary.

You knew solo was in trouble when they switched to Ron Howard late in production and reshot a lot of scenes in a panic. The dailies must have been horrid.

Still, given all of the controversy swirling around Solo: A Star Wars Story, plus the franchise-low box office numbers, most expected some sort of changes to be made, but getting rid of Kathleen Kennedy after one flop (Solo: A Star Wars Story), and three massive hits (Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Rogue One: A Star Wars Story and Star Wars: The Last Jedi), seems like too drastic a step, for some.

Three massive hits? The Last Jedi? What the actual fuck?

"If you didn't watch it in theater in '77 then you're no true fan and have no say in it" "I didn't like this so it's bad" "SJW!!!!!!!!!!!!" The so called "Star Wars hardcore fanbase here is a lovely bunch....

I Agree the Last Jedi was heavily flawed but I've seen worse, Solo did a lot wrong it was more just a story in the SW universe and not to bad (minus Solo didn't feel like Han Solo in later films but eh wte). And Solo went up against a way to strong set of movies with bad marketing... plus the "tanking" of solo only made ~350m (275m budget) the rest of the new movies: RO 530m (200), FA 930m(245m), LJ 620m(250m) and that is not counting any of the merch so i'm sure Disney is crying all the way to the bank... And laughing for all the free advertising all crybaby fans give them, kids still like SW and kids are cheaper to make toys for and fool with crappy movies...

HOWEVER, Disney do need to put out something really good if they want to continue to milk the franchise (the Disney SW has been pretty average and uninteresting, but so was much of Ep1-3) but the vocal "old" fans need start acting like grownups and gatekeep less...

Dude, are you not seeing the pattern? Those are not good numbers towards the end. They did break even (so far barely for Solo, 75 million is pathetic for Star Wars) but there is a clear downwards slope going on. TLJ made 300m less than Force Awakens. And AFAIK toysales are also down noticeably. Well, we will see what happens with Ep9.

Dude, are you not seeing the pattern? Those are not good numbers towards the end. They did break even (so far barely for Solo, 75 million is pathetic for Star Wars) but there is a clear downwards slope going on. TLJ made 300m less than Force Awakens. And AFAIK toysales are also down noticeably. Well, we will see what happens with Ep9.

Pretty easy guess why toy sales are down. There isn't a single character in the new series that is 'cool' and kids would actually want to be. At least half of the characters don't even act like heroes, and even kids can see through the fact that the personality types don't fit the supposed character.

Pretty easy guess why toy sales are down. There isn't a single character in the new series that is 'cool' and kids would actually want to be. At least half of the characters don't even act like heroes, and even kids can see through the fact that the personality types don't fit the supposed character.

Yeah, they don't really strike me as "super cool!" heros either, like a kid would want.

You know who DOES look/sound stunning? Revan. Malak. HK-47. Bastilla. All the KOTOR II sith lords. Those toys would sell like hotcakes if Disney revived KOTOR.

Last edited:

Look, I'm sorry - but no matter what, until shit like this stops happening - the disgrace of the Star Wars franchise is set to continue. Money talks, bullshit walks.

The Last Jedi had its world premiere in Los Angeles on December 9, 2017, and was released in the United States on December 15, 2017. It grossed over $1.3 billion worldwide, becoming the highest-grossing film of 2017, the seventh-highest-ever grossing film in North America and the ninth-highest-grossing film of all time during its theatrical run. It is also the second-highest-grossing film of the Star Wars franchise, and turned a net profit of over $417 million.

Yo Disney:

Attachments

• index.jpg
    index.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 0
Need to forget all this light side bullshit, & bring on some Sith movies. Revan & Old Republic line would be a good start. Wiping out most of the Expanded Universe from Canon was a mistake. 7&8 are just bad on a whole new level.

solo failed because 8 was terrible and they released it at the same time as Deadpool 2. I had a hard time deciding to watch solo. I don't regret the choice, but I easily have gone the other way.

Sadly, I feel the same way. I’ve been a massive fan since 88 when I wore out sooo many VHS of the OT. I was fairly excited after TFA and although it wasn’t the best movie, it was still left open to explore the galaxy/story in a cool way. I mean it was a new generation, even with Han dying there was still hope and I knew it would have to be passed along to the new kids. I watched Rians other movies and had a preconceived hope of how TLJ would turn out. Still read EU books but even tried some new novels, they sucked honestly, bad writing and more politics, but kept an open mind. Then, TLJ. I walked out sad and disappointed, that’s not how you are supposed to walk out of a SW movie right.

I did watch the Solo movie and loved it, exactly what TLJ should have been, but I was mildly invested in it before TLJ came out. Now that the movies are over until IX, I am not invested any longer. I am done with Star Wars until things change.

I'll never forgive how Luke went out, it was so lame, all those interviews Mark was right to complain about how Luke was handled.

Now I will torrent them instead of go to the theater. I let TFA slide as a reboot setup film, but yeah you don't get another chance. Also you can't make the villian an emo little bitch after Vader and the emperor.

At this point, they might be better off spinning off the franchise to another studio, and treating Force Awakens, Last Jedi, and Solo, as not canon. (Rogue One was good, it can stay) Forget them like the Ewoks movie. Go straight to the novels that they decided were not canon and start looking for inspiration at the least. Or go off into the distant past and do movies based on the sith wars.

Oh, and have the cast and crew leave their personal politics at the door. Story first. Make something entertaining, don't involve politics in something you don't have to. As a rule, half or more of the people out there are not going to agree with your politics, so if you stuff it in there, you risk alienating half or more of your potential customers. Especially if you do it at the cost of the story. Starwars is like a religion for some people. Dicking with people's religion is a dangerous thing without you asking them for their money while using various pejoratives to describe them.

water under the bridge....it's too late... The damage is done.

---------------

Just like the Matrix, where you have to just ignore the 2nd and 3rd movie and imagine they didn't happen. In Star Wars you can safely ignore everything after the first trilogy -- and the Star Wars brand is better for the loss.

Agree 100% with her assessment.

Probably the only way to fix this is to forget TLJ, and hell maybe TFA too. I don't know how else it can be fixed at this point... I mean shit, they let Han die off because Harrison Ford is a whiny pussy, and Carrie Fisher has died IRL. The only actor who wanted to keep playing his character, Mark Hamilton, they killed his character off, he can't be much more than a ghost obi-wan at this point. Completely fucking stupid way to handle Luke.

Anyway, at this point I am over Star Wars. IV, V, I, II, III, VI. Fuck the rest of it. (And yeah after watching TLJ, I put episode I back in... At least it had Darth Maul and a good Light Saber battle...)

Marvel movies have proved that people won’t get burned out on hero flicks. I think the same could have been easily true for Star Wars movies, if they were good.

Marvel actually had a plan though, and a way of tying all the stories together. Also Marvel put out some duds and just kept going, because they had a plan. SW feels like a more broken universe and Disney is less committed to it.

Time to just combine Star Wars and the Marvel CU. Have Rey and Captain Marvel team up to defeat Thanos.

Chewbacca can join the Guardians of the Galaxy.

Seriously, I'm not feeling any hype for the new movies since The Last Jedi. Personally, I'd want to see an entirely new setting and scenario. I thought jumping a 100 years ahead since the events of ROTJ with a young Jedi Order trying to maintain some order in a divided galaxy would be ripe for stories.

Yep. I loved star wars since I was a kid. Have no idea how many times I've seen the first 3. TLJ was so bad that my first thought was maybe it's time for a new space universe. Star Wars, Star Trek, etc, had their day. Let's see something new.

All of you in here crowing about how the series is dead... how many of you are going to go see Episode IX like sheep?

The only way to get it through these SJW shitbirds head that they need to course correct is to boycott all upcoming movies until they right the ship.

If you go see IX then you are the problem, not the producers. Same goes if you are complaining but went to see Solo.

Last one I watched was TFA. Not looking back.

Throw in a topless scene and call it art.

There I saved the franchise.

Yep. I loved star wars since I was a kid. Have no idea how many times I've seen the first 3. TLJ was so bad that my first thought was maybe it's time for a new space universe. Star Wars, Star Trek, etc, had their day. Let's see something new.
That's why it sucks that The Matrix shit the bed with the sequels. At the time it was being hailed as Star Wars for a new generation, and it could have been that. There was a lot of potential there for an expanded universe with unique and interesting stories, but the Wachowskis ladled it down with pretentious pop-philosophy rambling.

Throw in a topless scene and call it art.

There I saved the franchise.

They have been there and done that. Jabba was topless in Ep IV but everyone concentrated on the well clad Leia.

Even if Disney manages to replace Ms Kennedy, don't expect too much from a replacement. They are sure to be saddled with a load of PC, SJW, #MeToo, Equal Pay, Anti Trump check lists. Just look at how fast Roseanne got canned by ABC, a Disney owned network or ESPN sportcasters get canned for saying the wrong thing. Probably why JJ Abrams engaged warp drive when Disney called.

"I've got some pretty..." *stop*

Fuck me...I'll wait for someone who doesn't quiver my spine.

Back