Disney Removes Advertising from YouTube in Response to Child Exploitation Videos

The algorithm is working as intended, but it's being exploited. The algorithm exists for convenience and to consolidate ad revenue. Take away the algorithm and people will start getting advertisements for things that have nothing to do with the person's demographic and/or have to search for specific videos instead of it showing up in their feed, and then people will bitch even more.

The issue is that it's not Youtube's place to police behavior online. That is the parent's responsibility. They can only curb things that violate their terms of service. An example would be Kyle starting to host videos of video card unboxing then some people finding them sexual and start commenting on them to promote that sexuality. Add into that, that Kyle now hosts millions of videos on his site. How is he going to police it, other than by having people flag the video, of which the video itself has nothing overtly wrong with it? It's only a small subset of people sexualizing them, for things that most would not find sexy. People say that children shouldn't be posting online. <sarcasm>Should we then keep them under lock and key in a closet so that no one will view them? And since we're talking about children, let's admit that it's the girls that are the problem. And since they obviously didn't learn to hide themselves away as girls, they should hide away as women too, because as we know, it's how a woman looks that dictates how they are sexualized.</sarcasm> That last part has some truth in it, of course, but at the same time, people will sexualize things. Should we take My Little Pony off the air because some sexualize it? What about Transformers? Robot Chicken? Trump?

How about starting at home and school, educating children on things to minimize threats, exposure, stupidity, etc. The other thing, why should we have to censor children doing childish things? Should we then have them cover up at the playground because anyone can see them? What about at the public swimming pool? Hotels? Amusement parks?

To me, it seemed the guy was raising awareness of this to bitch about monetization more than any altruism.

I am probably making a mistake mentioning this here, but I have been in contact with the groups that are forcing companies like Disney and others to pull their advertising. The groups involved are anti-pedophilia activist groups that have been investigating child related offenses on social media platforms. According to my sources Youtube/Google is the target. Youtube and Google have been on a crusade to protect people like John Podesta and others who have been connected to child sex trafficking operations by altering search results and recommended videos. Politically connected groups have been trying to change policies at Youtube and Google to prevent certain content exposing their own people from reaching larger audiences which could and has altered the course of elections. Meanwhile Youtube has been extremely slow to react to protect young children from being exploited on their platform. As a result these anti-pedophilia activist groups have been thinking of ways to try to force large Youtube backers to pull their support from the platform. They see this as getting two birds with one stone. They believe that forcing big companies to leave will cause Youtube and Google to play fair and stop blocking content to stay relevant. This is the latest win for these groups. The last big win was when James Gunn and others connected to John Podesta were brought down for their pedophile "jokes". Before that was Elsagate. The groups are also still investigating Pizzagate/Pedogate which they claim are absolutely not debunked. They claim that Left leaning big tech companies like Google are running cover for the people being implicated. The reason this is such a hot button issue is because of how politically biased the Google/Youtube executive leadership is.

Last edited:
I am probably making a mistake mentioning this here, but I have been in contact with the groups that are forcing companies like Disney and others to pull their advertising. The groups involved are anti-pedophilia activist groups that have been investigating child related offenses on social media platforms. According to my sources Youtube/Google is the target. Youtube and Google have been on a crusade to protect people like John Podesta and others who have been connected to child sex trafficking operations by altering search results and recommended videos. Politically connected groups have been trying to change policies at Youtube and Google to prevent certain content exposing their own people from reaching larger audiences which could and has altered the course of elections. Meanwhile Youtube has been extremely slow to react to protect young children from being exploited on their platform. As a result these anti-pedophilia activist groups have been thinking of ways to try to force large Youtube backers to pull their support from the platform. They see this as getting two birds with one stone. They believe that forcing big companies to leave will cause Youtube and Google to play fair and stop blocking content to stay relevant. This is the latest win for these groups. The last big win was when James Gunn and others connected to John Podesta were brought down for their pedophile "jokes". Before that was Elsagate. The groups are also still investigating Pizzagate/Pedogate which they claim are absolutely not debunked. They claim that Left leaning big tech companies like Google are running cover for the people being implicated. The reason this is such a hot button issue is because of how politically biased the Google/Youtube executive leadership is.

Lay off the crack pipe, okay?

I totally agree that this is a sick world. I have 5 kids myself 3 of which are daughters. I can't fathom why people get their jollies off over young children and yet we have to fight them to keep our kids safe. Its disgusting.
Im just saying that using Twitter as an example people just don't give two craps unless they are trying to hide something. That behavior is probably more evil than being open about it.

I have two daughters myself (one pending, the other 3) its not a sick world, there are just some sick people in it. Think about it, how much crime has actually impacted your life vs. how much is reported on every day.

Statistics is where you should put your faith, and statistically our children are more likely to be molested by a relative than stranger. Gross and disturbing, but accurate.

he's not the only one that's heard those things...

Careful when putting stock in rumours that we have all heard. With as active as we have been in hunting down pedophilia and its terrible forms both in real life and on the net, it would take some doing to hide something like pizzagate. Remember we are talking about th government, which I think we can all agree is incompetent most of the time. Do you really think they could keep such a secret this long?

Last edited:
Do you not remember the controversy over the subliminal messages in their movies? Lion King, Little mermaid, Toy Story, ect. Look up Disney controversial. You will find they have been doing this craziness for a long time now.

nope. Sounds like some tabloid pierce. I don't read tabloids.

Reactions: Sufu
like this
Again, removing comments will have a huge impact on their market. There's more than a few sites wanting to be the next Youtube, and they don't necessarily need ad revenue from Disney.

i recommend that Youtube hire a team to moderate channels where big corps ads shows up. (they already have a team to demonetize and shadow ban afterall)

1. cause i doubt they really earn much ad revenue from fringe channels ( some channels are already demonetized fully or to a certain degree ( China Uncensored etc) . These fringe channels dont even get
sufficient views to get ad revenue for their channel owners. Might as well don't put ads on them)

2. corps and Youtube wouldn't get into controversies like this ( plus many others including religious and geopolitical ones, where it is far from being clear.)

3. good for niche users where rather than risk having niche channels being taken down for business reasons, we still get to enjoy them

I doubt Youtube will implement this though.

Last edited:
So instead of filing bogus DMCA claims, detractors can just leave a comment on a video using a throwaway account, and your videos get demonetized?
Goodness gracious.
Here be double facepalm meme.

So basically youtubers have two choices: Alienate their viewers by disabling comments, or expect zero ad revenue.

Yeep. Youtube and their typical "nuke it from orbit" approach to problems. Instead of putting in actual effort into making the platform better for uploaders and users they take the "easiest" approach.

Yeep. Youtube and their typical "nuke it from orbit" approach to problems. Instead of putting in actual effort into making the platform better for uploaders and users they take the "easiest" approach.
When they detect an offending comment they could simply hide that comment instead of demonetizing the video. There is zero additional effort there. Demonetizing videos is a choice with an ulterior motive, if there was any doubt about that.

When they detect an offending comment they could simply hide that comment instead of demonetizing the video. There is zero additional effort there. Demonetizing videos is a choice with an ulterior motive, if there was any doubt about that.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

You know, the fun part is that there are even sections in a dashboard for video comments called "waiting for approval" and "likely spam". How about putting those evil comments in "waiting for approval" section ? Oh wait, that would require effort to figure out how to find those comments automatically.

You know, the fun part is that there are even sections in a dashboard for video comments called "waiting for approval" and "likely spam". How about putting those evil comments in "waiting for approval" section ? Oh wait, that would require effort to figure out how to find those comments automatically.
But they already found the offending comment if they are demonetizing a video. So let me re-iterate: not demonetizing videos would require no additional effort.

nope. Sounds like some tabloid pierce. I don't read tabloids.
Its not, Disney is not a great moral company like they want to portray themselves as.....They have included some sexually explicit images in their cartoon films, and some racist and sexist stereotypes is a lot of their films.

I have two daughters myself (one pending, the other 3) its not a sick world, there are just some sick people in it. Think about it, how much crime has actually impacted your life vs. how much is reported on every day.

Statistics is where you should put your faith, and statistically our children are more likely to be molested by a relative than stranger. Gross and disturbing, but accurate.

And you still don't think this isn't a sick world, where family members molest relatives?
The crime itself hasn't impacted me personally but the changing of laws and scrutiny over such has. My family hunts so we all own guns but because of the insanity of mass shootings in recent years states want to over-regulate guns because crazy people shoot other people.

Its not, Disney is not a great moral company like they want to portray themselves as.....They have included some sexually explicit images in their cartoon films, and some racist and sexist stereotypes is a lot of their films.

And you still don't think this isn't a sick world, where family members molest relatives?
The crime itself hasn't impacted me personally but the changing of laws and scrutiny over such has. My family hunts so we all own guns but because of the insanity of mass shootings in recent years states want to over-regulate guns because crazy people shoot other people.

I think your gun analogy ends up supporting my point, we have been driven to a point of paranoia by media that we see boogie men at every turn. your family of responsible gun owners is like 99.99% of all other gun owners, responsible.

Family members have always been the primary perpetrator, they have trust and access it's as simple as that and something that laws won't effectively stop. Nor will YouTube/google.

Last edited:
yes. jimmy Savile ring a bell?

jimmy flew under the radar of most and sexual assault allegations are always difficult to prove in court.

What the rumours are all alleging is an organized and controlled pedo ring among top democrats and politicians, I think incompetence would have done them in by now.

I think it's time to stop this and take it to the soap box if we continue!

Last edited:

Your family are murdering animals. Of course their weapons should be regulated.

I think your gun analogy ends up supporting my point, we have been driven to a point of paranoia by media that we see boogie men at every turn. your family of responsible gun owners is like 99% of all other gun owners, responsible.

Family members have always been the primary perpetrator, they have trust and access it's as simple as that and something that laws won't effectively stop. Nor will YouTube/google.
I get you point for family member being the perps, but this issue came up about the trafficking, this is something Youtube can curb because they are using the platform to communicate.

ZodaEX:
Ok, No..... Not even worth the debate.

I get you point for family member being the perps, but this issue came up about the trafficking, this is something Youtube can curb because they are using the platform to communicate.

ZodaEX:
Ok, No..... Not even worth the debate.

And I agree, they should require people to register with real names and information, but criminals will always find ways to circumvent the system, much like gun violence.

Not at all. I am concerned for your mental health. Your post shows signs of delusion.
Which part of my post show signs of delusion? Don't shy away now. Break it down. You have lots of like minded people who also disagree with me because of their bias. Don't let them down.

just a joke, wasn't questioning.

I see. That other guy put me into a little bit of a defensive mode. Make no mistake this country is entering into crisis territory. There are some very powerful very bad people that are guilty of ridiculous over the top crimes who are desperate to regulate viral videos and comment sections. They are absolutely positively freaking out over their power being in jeopardy. Imagine if Hillary Clinton had become President. All of this horrible stuff would be getting swept under the rug.

I see. That other guy put me into a little bit of a defensive mode. Make no mistake this country is entering into crisis territory. There are some very powerful very bad people that are guilty of ridiculous over the top crimes who are desperate to regulate viral videos and comment sections. They are absolutely positively freaking out over their power being in jeopardy. Imagine if Hillary Clinton had become President. All of this horrible stuff would be getting swept under the rug.
that's what I keep telling people too. "why do you think they are freaking out so badly? they lost power."

Reactions: DocNo
like this
So I took my crack pipe out this evening while reading the wikileaks and what do you know

Not to resurrect a near dead thread, but one of YouTube's ideas for controlling this behavior was blocking comments, and I was trying to remember the musical group on YouTube/Vevo that generally blocks all comments.

And I finally figured it out ... It was Rammstein! :D And that makes sense to me - they're Rammstein, what do they care about what you have to say about their videos? Since the official videos have no comments you have to decide in your own mind about how you feel.

Here's their video for "No Desire" (Keine Lust). It's creative, a little funny and offensive to people who are easily offended, all at the same time (and it rocks).

P.S. Thumbs up if you're watching in 2019!!!

Back