Disney puts a fork in Marvel Heroes, it's dead Jim.

ir0nw0lf

Supreme [H]ardness
Quite a few gaming sites blew up today, Disney has decided to put Marvel Heroes out of any misery it might have been under. Link to story at Kotaku: https://kotaku.com/disney-shuts-down-marvel-heroes-1820475273

Today, Marvel (under Disney) said that it is ending its relationship with Gazillion Entertainment, who makes Marvel Heroes. In an e-mail, a Marvel representative wrote:

“We regret to inform our Marvel Heroes fans that we have ended our relationship with Gazillion Entertainment, and that the Marvel Heroes games will be shut down. We would like to sincerely thank the players who joined the Marvel Heroes community, and will provide any further updates as they become available.”

Ouch, i had a little hands on with this and it wasnt too bad. A nice, but different alternatively free action rpg. Shame.

The fact there have been only two replies to this post says a lot about MH. It's the game everyone wanted to be good, it was a great concept, but it has been one fuck up after another with this thing. I've never seen a game so poorly managed. Their 2015 update really improved things, but they botched things so bad at launch, I don't think they ever recovered. Then they released that massive abortion of an update this year and launched on consoles, and alienanted the last few die hard fans they had. Like I said, just one fuck up after another.

I was one of the original beta testers, and I kept checking back in about once a year for a week or two (because that's how long it stayed remotely interesting for), just to see if they had managed to fix things. It improved, but it was like trying to polish a turd. Brevik has expended the last of his credibility from the Diablo days as far as I'm concerned. After Hellgate:London and now MH, he has no business anywhere near game development. I cannot believe GGG brought him on to consult on PoE. Why in God's name would and extrmemly successful game like PoE gain from his input after his last two colossal failures? I can't imagine what they thought they stood to gain there.

Anyways, I'm kinda sad to see MH go, I kept holding out hope it would turn around. I'm honestly surprised it survived this long, I didn't think it would last a year.

The fact there have been only two replies to this post says a lot about MH. It's the game everyone wanted to be good, it was a great concept, but it has been one fuck up after another with this thing. I've never seen a game so poorly managed. Their 2015 update really improved things, but they botched things so bad at launch, I don't think they ever recovered. Then they released that massive abortion of an update this year and launched on consoles, and alienanted the last few die hard fans they had. Like I said, just one fuck up after another.

I was one of the original beta testers, and I kept checking back in about once a year for a week or two (because that's how long it stayed remotely interesting for), just to see if they had managed to fix things. It improved, but it was like trying to polish a turd. Brevik has expended the last of his credibility from the Diablo days as far as I'm concerned. After Hellgate:London and now MH, he has no business anywhere near game development. I cannot believe GGG brought him on to consult on PoE. Why in God's name would and extrmemly successful game like PoE gain from his input after his last two colossal failures? I can't imagine what they thought they stood to gain there.

Anyways, I'm kinda sad to see MH go, I kept holding out hope it would turn around. I'm honestly surprised it survived this long, I didn't think it would last a year.

Hey I loved Hellgate: London, I remember having countless hours of fun with it.

Reactions: Damar
like this
Back