Disney Has Developed A One-Legged Hopping Robot

I remember my little sister getting a pogo stick when we were kids, she looked more awkward than the 'bot. Not sure if that says more about her or it.... lol.

You see a three-legged hopping robot.

I see a jack-hammer with autopilot.

It's bad enough when it takes your job. Then when the robots rise up it's making a nightmare purée of humans in the street.

Scale it up and make squads of these robots and you get robots that can quell social unrest.

Today I learned I should have been looking at Disney for research holes to hide in. :|

giphy.gif

As long as you can outrun it for 19 hops, it can't kill you.......yet.

At the 19th hop it shoots for max power and then launches a bouncing betty at the target.

WTF is Disney researching this? I mean why use the "Disney" banner for something unrelated to the identity of the company. Why not just call it Pogo-research (a division of) and get on with it?

.. because Disney has never used animatronics, robots, or anything along those lines; ever. Let along the general revenue stream of a research lab is nice for a large company like that. Disney is just not a theme park.

Disney Research

WTF is Disney researching this? I mean why use the "Disney" banner for something unrelated to the identity of the company. Why not just call it Pogo-research (a division of) and get on with it?
For all you know it could be a cleverly disguised viral marketing campaign for an upcoming movie.

Interesting. This has been done before, I saw one years ago. It was much larger though. I suspect the interesting bit for this is not the hopping, but the actuator and associated packaging needs.

So they're either making the Pixar lamp for a display Or they are going to use it in a ride. It's going to watch children laugh at it until it snaps.

.. because Disney has never used animatronics, robots, or anything along those lines; ever. Let along the general revenue stream of a research lab is nice for a large company like that. Disney is just not a theme park.

Disney Research
Yep, Disney develops some of the most cutting edge controls technology on the planet.

What a fail. How can those brilliant Disney researchers not realize that this robot is obviously missing a pair of floppy bunny ears at the top.

Make us die laughing. Not exactly the strategy I was expecting from the robot uprising...

Cause I'm bouncy trouncy flouncy pouncy Fun Fun Fun Fun FUN but the most wonderful thing about Leapers is

we're going to kill you all...

Back