Dish Network renewal coming up What are your rention call stories and outcomes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scgt1

Supreme [H]ardness
Mods feel free to move if not in the proper forum

So the time is coming again for the wonderful 2 year end to another tv provider contract ending. Normally we have just bounced from DTV to Dish and back over and over. It would be nice to keep with one service for once. Currently our bill is $90.33 for 3 rooms with a standard Hopper w/sling. I got this service just before the Hopper 3 (4K) came out as I was unaware of it on the horizon. Since getting service I have gotten on chat multiple times and on the phone to try and upgrade to the H3 without paying equipment charges. They always offered to eat the $95 tech visit to install it but never offered a free upgrade in equipment. Started at $200 for the new hopper and ended with $150 in Oct '16. Got tired of trying and wasting my time after that.

Just the other day I get an email from them with a renewal offer (contract ends 8/14/17) and of course all the discounts end with the 24m contract. The new offer is claimed to be what new customers can get now. So in the end to have exactly what I have now with box setup and programing package I would be paying more then I am now($98). I mentioned to the loyalty person that I've tried to upgrade to the H3 since I pretty much started with Dish this time around and was always told $200 starting out then down to $150 the last several times I have tried. He mentioned they could upgrade my Hopper for free with the renewal and waive the $95 tech visit. I mentioned everytime I've contacted about upgrading they have offered the $95 wipe on the tech charge. With the Upgrade in the hopper I would be dropping the Super Joey because you can record 16 things with the H3 so my bill would be about $93 if I remember correctly which is still more then I currently pay. Through ATT I can get DTV for $75.81 + state and local tax for 24 months with all equipment charges included and an extra room + $200 reward card which would end up being what $80ish a month for 24 months, $200 card, and the extra room in HD. Sure it's not 4K from Dish but the savings over 24 months is a large amount.

I've seen stories on SD every now and then of people mentioning retention stories with DirecTV and Dish so curious what you have gotten out of them and what you used/said as a defense etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back