DISH Is Now In The Mobile Cell Phone Repair Business

HardOCP News

[H] News
Need your iPhone fixed while you are at the gym? At home? At the coffee shop? Call DISH and they will come to you. Yes, we are talking about that DISH. You don't even have to be a Dish customer. Putting in a mock order showed me that a battery repair was $39.99 plus a required $35.00 "drive to me" fee.

On-site repair means we come directly to you to perform the repair. Whether at your home, office, school, or coffee shop, a DISH Smart Home Services technician will arrive and expertly repair your device. You don’t need to wait in a queue or be without your device for days on end. No fuss, just convenience. After you enter your credit card information on the website we charge $35 an up front "Drive to Me Fee". Once the repair is complete we charge the balance of the phone repair. If you have multiple repairs scheduled in the same location – you only pay one "Drive to Me Fee".

Gotta love it. Shareholders demand growth in a market that's shrinking so they try something out of left field.

Apple only in my area. Oh well. I'm assuming there will be other makes available since one can select a manufacturer from the drop-down list.

Gotta love it. Shareholders demand growth in a market that's shrinking so they try something out of left field.

Maybe they could at least try quality video?

Their HD is compressed to hell... Content creators should be pissed cause I now pirate 95% of my TV viewing. It will only be a matter of time before I convince the not-wife to drop dish entirely.

Random...reminds me of a headline I saw yesterday that Finland's postal service is now also mowing lawns on slow days to make more money.

Maybe they could at least try quality video?

Their HD is compressed to hell... Content creators should be pissed cause I now pirate 95% of my TV viewing. It will only be a matter of time before I convince the not-wife to drop dish entirely.

I noticed that when I had Dish. In fact, it was the first thing I said when I had switched to Dish from DirecTV. "It was so much clearer before ...".

Back