Discontinued Boston Acoustics M25B 2-Way Speakers $129.99

yea, they are 129.99 each. He said 260 for the pair. Hes right.

Yeah, the thread title is misleading. It says "speakers" which is plural and states $130.

For what these things are, 5.25" driver plus a little tweeter, it seems pretty overpriced for a passive (non-powered) speaker.
If you're going to spend $260 on a pair of passive bookshelves, I think one could do much better.

Yeah, the thread title is misleading. It says "speakers" which is plural and states $130.

For what these things are, 5.25" driver plus a little tweeter, it seems pretty overpriced for a passive (non-powered) speaker.
If you're going to spend $260 on a pair of passive bookshelves, I think one could do much better.

You don't necessarily know that without looking at measurements and listening to them yourself... but these look like some of the money was wasted for looks, and there are many contenders at this price range. Sometimes the JBL LSR305's are cheaper, and they don't need an amp.

The title should indeed be changed to have the price as 130$/ea at least. For anyone that needs a small, fancy looking speaker, these aren't necessarily a bad deal... but there aren't any measurements...

Oh and these are cheaper an Amazon as a pair apparently: https://www.amazon.com/Boston-Acoustics-2-Way-Bookshelf-Speaker/dp/B00FJGGIEC

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I have the A25's (slightly lower in the lineup) in my office being driven from an Onkyo TX-8050 (with a Velodyne Impact10 sub in the mix too).. It sounds pretty damn good. Very decent little speakers.

I love bookshelf speakers. Thanks for the post. Will have to pass on these, with xmas coming up.

Last edited:
BTW...They have dropped to $99.00 each now. Stole...you always loved to stir the pot. You simply can't beat these speakers for under $200.00.

Hey Macker. Buy a clue. Good speakers are sold by the each. Sorry if anyone thought this was misleading. Great deal if you have the coin.

damn tempting but my A25s are just fine and those are what I would replace with these.

Reactions: UMASS
like this
The BA's are just starting to open-up now. Great little speaker! So worth the $200.00 price tag.

Hey Macker. Buy a clue. Good speakers are sold by the each. Sorry if anyone thought this was misleading. Great deal if you have the coin.

No need to be rude. Your title is MISLEADING. Do you understand the English language? "Speakers" is PLURAL. $129 in the title does NOT SAY "$129 EACH"

MANY SPEAKERS ARE SOLD in PAIRS. Especially cheap speakers.

Oh guess what? They're listed on Amazon as a PAIR.

You get commission from selling these things? Why the hell are you trying to sell them so hard?

You think you're high and mighty with your L33T speaker setup. You want to talk about "having the coin" to spend on good speakers, try to have a pissing contest with me after you have spent over $200 for a pair of bookshelfs.

No need to respond, you're on my ignore list now.

damn tempting but my A25s are just fine and those are what I would replace with these.

I have a pair of A26's in our living room, driven by a Nakamichi RE-10 receiver. Great combination! Plus the Cambridge Audio DS300 SE CD player doesn't hurt either.

No need to be rude. Your title is MISLEADING. Do you understand the English language? "Speakers" is PLURAL. $129 in the title does NOT SAY "$129 EACH"

You get commission from selling these things? Why the hell are you trying to sell them so hard?

You think you're high and mighty with your L33T speaker setup. You want to talk about "having the coin" to spend on good speakers, try to have a pissing contest with me after you have spent over $200 for a pair of bookshelfs.

Same @ ignore list. Not only did the guy not acknowledge that the speakers go for less at other places in a pair, but had the audacity to act as if "quality" hifi is sold individually and that this should be common knowledge.

No, they're often sold in sets just like every speaker ever sold anywhere, and the individual prices are a marketing tactic to make things seem cheaper than they really are (ala "49.99" instead of "$50")

My audio setup costs around $4k. I bought the components individually. But I certainly wouldn't put up a fs or hot deals thread listing the whole set for $1k when that's for EACH PART, dafuq?

No worries Macker. I live in Mass & yes...BA Corporate is about 20 miles from our home. I have nothing to do with BA! I simply dig their speakers. Do own a pair of NHT ST4's for my 2-channel listening pleasure.

Geez, guys. Calm down. This is what most people probably did:

1) Click on thread
2) Realize the speakers are sold individually, so calculate 2x the price
3) Decide if they are a good buy at that price or if you think you can do better elsewhere

Reactions: UMASS
like this
Very tempting...what would be a good PC amp to use with these bookshelf speakers?

Back