Disappointed with Apple

prne10

Limp Gawd
I'm seriously considering switching back to either windows or giving linux a shot. Here are some of my chief complaints with Apple:

1. New products seem dreadfully uninspired
2. I waited a long time for the Iphone 5 but gave up and got an Iphone 4s (delays suck)
2-1. Android phones seem to be catching up or have better features.
3. Lion and Mountain Lion fail to impress - iOS is not what I want on my desktop
4. Java 7 no longer supported on Snow Leopard
5. I don't like creating iCloud dependency

So basically, I feel like a lot of Apple "improvements" over the past 1-2 years seem more like setbacks and bloatware. I want a clean, fast, and easy to use system without all of the extra crap.

I refuse to pay for Mountain lion, so I am going to see if Apple will comp me a free upgrade before I make a decision on my next cycle of system upgrades (running a 2008 macbook and 2010 iMac). Anyone else thinking the same thing?

Go then, I concur, I think you're expectations are unreasonable. If you think Microsoft is doing a better job, go for it.

I'm seriously considering switching back to either windows or giving linux a shot. Here are some of my chief complaints with Apple:

2. I waited a long time for the Iphone 5 but gave up and got an Iphone 4s (delays suck)
3. Lion and Mountain Lion fail to impress - iOS is not what I want on my desktop

So basically, I feel like a lot of Apple "improvements" over the past 1-2 years seem more like setbacks and bloatware. I want a clean, fast, and easy to use system without all of the extra crap.

I refuse to pay for Mountain lion, so I am going to see if Apple will comp me a free upgrade before I make a decision on my next cycle of system upgrades (running a 2008 macbook and 2010 iMac). Anyone else thinking the same thing?

1. LOL cause microsoft is sooo inspired. I own a pc and a macbook....so i can compare
2. iphone 4s was released in october of 2011, iphone 5 september of 2012...so if you waited after 4s released...you jumped the gun my friend.
3. windows 8 is really " un-iOS " tiles...dashboard...yea... 8 is impressive.. Windows 8 is one of the worst things invented, i bought a windows 8 laptop and returned it within 5 days, it was horrid.

I've responded to a lot of very similar threads. So honestly, I'm going to ask you a series of questions. Also known as the Socratic Method...

1.) How do you define "uninspired". What makes one product uninspired vs another one being inspired? Is "inspiration" related to product features?
2.) Are companies and their product launches responsible for your purchasing decisions? Is your level of satisfaction based upon what you have or a comparison to what else is available?
2-1) Are these features you need or want? Are these features "game breaking" for Apple for you? Will there be any consequences for jumping ship if you decide to do so?
3.) What about Lion and ML is "unimpressive"? What areas of the new operating system are so altered that you can't continue to use the operating system in the exact same manner as say, Snow Leopard? What features are you "forced" then to use that make the experience broken? Do you feel that a $20 that adds a ton of features (considering we are talking about an operating system) as being too much? Do you feel like ML (putting into consideration the cost) is too much? Is there another operating system developer that adds as much per release with the same release cycle at the same cost? Is Microsoft?
4.) Is there something that you must do with Java? Is the security vulnerabilities worth those things you 'must' do?
5.) Is there anyone, any program, or any thing requiring you to use iCloud?

In short, I don't really agree with you, and your refusal to spend $20 for an OS upgrade when Microsoft most commonly (until now having to compete with Apple) charged $99-$150 per upgrade. $20 is less than half a tank of gas for most of us, or two people eating a meal at Chipotle. If you don't want to pay it, fine, that is of course your right. But if you try to create an argument based upon it being "worth it" or its "value" (especially considering the cost) you'll be met with no sympathy... at least not from me.

Apple releases are somewhere between a SP and full os in the MS world. The $99 vs $20 comparison is just dumb IMO.

I've responded to a lot of very similar threads. So honestly, I'm going to ask you a series of questions. Also known as the Socratic Method...

1.) How do you define "uninspired". What makes one product uninspired vs another one being inspired? Is "inspiration" related to product features?
2.) Are companies and their product launches responsible for your purchasing decisions? Is your level of satisfaction based upon what you have or a comparison to what else is available?
2-1) Are these features you need or want? Are these features "game breaking" for Apple for you? Will there be any consequences for jumping ship if you decide to do so?
3.) What about Lion and ML is "unimpressive"? What areas of the new operating system are so altered that you can't continue to use the operating system in the exact same manner as say, Snow Leopard? What features are you "forced" then to use that make the experience broken? Do you feel that a $20 that adds a ton of features (considering we are talking about an operating system) as being too much? Do you feel like ML (putting into consideration the cost) is too much? Is there another operating system developer that adds as much per release with the same release cycle at the same cost? Is Microsoft?
4.) Is there something that you must do with Java? Is the security vulnerabilities worth those things you 'must' do?
5.) Is there anyone, any program, or any thing requiring you to use iCloud?

In short, I don't really agree with you, and your refusal to spend $20 for an OS upgrade when Microsoft most commonly (until now having to compete with Apple) charged $99-$150 per upgrade. $20 is less than half a tank of gas for most of us, or two people eating a meal at Chipotle. If you don't want to pay it, fine, that is of course your right. But if you try to create an argument based upon it being "worth it" or its "value" (especially considering the cost) you'll be met with no sympathy... at least not from me.

Socratic method. lol.

1. I use the term uninspired to mean lacking in "wow" factor. I know, I know, it's completely subjective, but its how I feel about Apple releases for the past few years. To be fair, this is how I feel more generally about most computer related things now-a-days. Maybe it's just me getting older.

2. Features I want. They aren't game breaking, but I'm not sure Apple has much of an edge anymore in the smart phone category.

3. I never said anything about the new features breaking the experience. I said that Mountain Lion fails to impress. I don't need ANY of the new improvements offered. In my mind, they are more like bloatware that slow down my quickly aging 2010-iMac. I need less handholding (Gatekeeper, App Store, iTunes, etc.) and less bloat ( Dictation, facebook + twitter integration, game center, etc.). I need more speed, stability, and customizability. I just don't see how I am getting these things with the way OSX development is going. Honestly, it seems like I am edging closer to linux more than anything else.

4. Yes, I need java 7+

5. iCloud is just more stuff I don't need.

/shrug

Again, I think linux is starting to make the most sense for me now.

Apple releases are somewhere between a SP and full os in the MS world. The $99 vs $20 comparison is just dumb IMO.

Except that it makes perfect sense. Yes the way Apple and Microsoft deliver and how often is different, but the two operating systems and their costs have to be compared in someway, and done in a way that makes sense. Apple had a paradigm to release a major version of their operating system every 2 years, with updates in the middle denotated with extended decimal places. You could akin that to service packs, then it released new versions of the OS every two years as a major version. Microsoft on the other hand has had a haphazard development schedule and only until relatively recently has gone to correct it to a much shorter development cycle. The days of 10 year long OS's like XP are over. It's not viable and it doesn't move fast enough in terms of how much technology and hardware/software is changing. As such Vista to 7 was short and 7 to 8 was shorter still.

Additionally each version of OSX adds 100's of features. Some of them are under the hood, some of them you may never utilize, and some are obvious. Whether you agree or diasgree about the usefulness of the features it remains the same. Microsoft service packs do not, and have never scaled at that level. I would say that it is a significantly less realistic comparison to compare MS service packs with full OS refreshes in OSX. Some changes are more dramatic than others I grant you, but if you were around from Tiger to Leopard... that was a massive change, and so was Leopard to Snow Leopard. Lion to Mountain Lion was less dramatic, but that has more to do with yearly release cycles than anything else. Even if you compared TWO OSX upgrades to every ONE MS upgrade, there is still massive cost difference, and I think Microsoft is less justified in how expensive their upgrades are, certainly in comparison with OSX.

Socratic method. lol.

1. I use the term uninspired to mean lacking in "wow" factor. I know, I know, it's completely subjective, but its how I feel about Apple releases for the past few years. To be fair, this is how I feel more generally about most computer related things now-a-days. Maybe it's just me getting older.

2. Features I want. They aren't game breaking, but I'm not sure Apple has much of an edge anymore in the smart phone category.

3. I never said anything about the new features breaking the experience. I said that Mountain Lion fails to impress. I don't need ANY of the new improvements offered. In my mind, they are more like bloatware that slow down my quickly aging 2010-iMac. I need less handholding (Gatekeeper, App Store, iTunes, etc.) and less bloat ( Dictation, facebook + twitter integration, game center, etc.). I need more speed, stability, and customizability. I just don't see how I am getting these things with the way OSX development is going. Honestly, it seems like I am edging closer to linux more than anything else.

4. Yes, I need java 7+

5. iCloud is just more stuff I don't need.

/shrug

Again, I think linux is starting to make the most sense for me now.

Okay, that's fine. That's why there are options in the market place. Not any one solution is going to work for everyone. I can say that in terms of "bloat" or anything like that, I've never had any issue in OSX. iOS and older hardware is a bit different situation, but OSX has never slowed down for me from release to release. I'm not a "super old" Mac user however, so I've only been using OSX since 10.5 (Leopard) but each successive update has only increased features without any other issues.

In terms of other features you have to also realize that not every feature is for you. I once read an article about functions that a majority of smart phone users used just 10% of the capabilities of what the phone could deliver. A lot of features fit specific niches and may be for people that obviously do other things than you. You're never going to find any operating system that ONLY has the functions you want/need and nothing else... unless you program it yourself.

You might have noticed by now most of my commentary is about perception. Because really all of your statements rotate around that. For the sake of clarity, I don't feel the need to be some great defender of OSX, Mac's, or Apple in general, and Apple on their big stack of cash won't miss you either. If you want a different OS or Phone there are more than a few options to choose from and they all have their pros and cons. I won't go as far as to state any of them are superior to anything else, but I would say that each set fulfills a different set of wants and needs. I perform tasks faster in OSX and am productive than Windows, so great that works for me. You have a different set, you apparently are worried about features, bloat, Java 7+ (which you could have if you upgraded...), and being wowed. You think you'll get that with someone else, that's fine. It's your money, spend it in a way that makes sense for you.

Last edited:
Wow...it's all about the "wow". If there is not "wow", there is nothing.

Sign of the times, methinks.

I think all of the folks looking for "wow" should focus on making some "wow" themselves. The world would be a more "wow" place.

Seriously? They dropped Java 7 from Snow Leopard? I have a computer with Windows XP that can run it! Talk about forcing your hand in upgrading! Sheesh.

Dude, give Linux a shot. I'm using Linux Mint and it's great. So far, no issues, other than the fact that AMD graphics drivers suck at Linux. It's a bit of work at first, but I promise that after you figure out what you're doing, you'll feel very at home. I've been using it exclusively now since January, and it has now become my main rig. The only thing I use my Windows PC for is the games. And better yet, with PlayonLinux (I think that's what it's called), you can run Windows games. The only reason I haven't tried it is because AMD graphics drivers suck, and my Linux PC definitely isn't as good as my Windows PC, hardware-wise.

Wow...it's all about the "wow". If there is not "wow", there is nothing.

Sign of the times, methinks.

I think all of the folks looking for "wow" should focus on making some "wow" themselves. The world would be a more "wow" place.

Define 'wow'

:D

Seriously? They dropped Java 7 from Snow Leopard? I have a computer with Windows XP that can run it! Talk about forcing your hand in upgrading! Sheesh.

it's Oracle's decision which OSs they build JDK 7 for. I fail to see how this reflects badly on Apple at all. Someone please explain it to me.

it's Oracle's decision which OSs they build JDK 7 for. I fail to see how this reflects badly on Apple at all. Someone please explain it to me.

http://www.infoworld.com/t/applicat...ks-mac-users-silent-shutdown-of-java-7-212028

http://www.slashgear.com/apple-says-no-to-java-7-blocks-browser-plug-in-31267667/

Apple is actively blocking it....

Again removing the freedom of choice, which is really Apple's motto. They make the decisions for you. Good in some cases, devistating in others depending what you want/need to do.

I own an iPhone and iPad, I happen to like iOS, but heck no to OSX.

I love how these threads always turn into Apple fans defending every action Apple makes. Guess what, Apple is NOT perfect, saying that does not mean I think MS is....

They're blocking the latest version for security reasons until Oracle fixes it. Apple deploys updates to XProtect when its own employees have their systems exploited. If the current version of Java is blocked, it means there's an exploit for it in the wild.

If you want to run Java anyway, you can always disable XProtect via the command line or set an exception/exemption for it. Everyone on this board is a power user more than capable of making the decision about which software they want to run. What I am concerned about this feeling that Apple is somehow locking out Java or preventing Oracle from updating it. It's Oracle's responsibility to make sure that Java is secure (good luck with that). You may feel there's something fundamentally wrong with an OS vendor disabling 3rd party software that has known exploits, but that sounds like a different topic entirely.

Apple is not standing in Oracle's way. As soon as a secure Java is available on 10.6.8 you'll be able to use it. If you want to use the insecure version already on there, no one is stopping you, it's just a shell command away.

In terms of feature inclusion, Lion was about on par with Windows 7. Mountain Lion is obviously not as big a leap as Windows 8, though.

On the subject of the iPhone/iPad, iOS is certainly stagnating, but the devices themselves are still excellent. I'm not sure why anyone would be dissatisfied with iPhone 5 hardware.

They're blocking the latest version for security reasons until Oracle fixes it. Apple deploys updates to XProtect when its own employees have their systems exploited. If the current version of Java is blocked, it means there's an exploit for it in the wild.

If you want to run Java anyway, you can always disable XProtect via the command line or set an exception/exemption for it. Everyone on this board is a power user more than capable of making the decision about which software they want to run. What I am concerned about this feeling that Apple is somehow locking out Java or preventing Oracle from updating it. It's Oracle's responsibility to make sure that Java is secure (good luck with that). You may feel there's something fundamentally wrong with an OS vendor disabling 3rd party software that has known exploits, but that sounds like a different topic entirely.

Apple is not standing in Oracle's way. As soon as a secure Java is available on 10.6.8 you'll be able to use it. If you want to use the insecure version already on there, no one is stopping you, it's just a shell command away.

From my understanding, it is not available for 10.6.8 nor will it ever be.

Why is Java 7 available only for Mac OS X 10.7.3 and above?
The Java Runtime depends on the availability of an Application programming interface (API). Some of the API were added in Mac OS X 10.7.3. Apple has no plans to make those API available on older versions of the Mac OS.

See: http://www.java.com/en/download/faq/java_mac.xml#otherjava

From my understanding, it is not available for 10.6.8 nor will it ever be.

See: http://www.java.com/en/download/faq/java_mac.xml#otherjava

Sorry, there was a disconnect. It wasn't clear who was talking about the lack of Java 7 and who was talking about Java 6 being blocked by XProtect.

Are you saying Apple should backport APIs to an OS two revisions behind, so that Oracle can maybe decide to port Java 7 to it if they feel like it? I can't stop you from feeling that way, but your OS isn't even getting security updates anymore for anything but egregious problems.

And to actually stay on topic, 10.7 was a MASSIVE update to the way window management works. Mission Control is what Expose and Spaces should have always been, and it's enough of a reason to upgrade. Also, I disagree with you lumping in assistive technologies (speech dictation) as "bloat." Other than Launchpad, I don't understand what you mean about OS X becoming iOS. Launchpad sucks, but you don't have to use it if you don't want to. At least it's better than Windows 8's tiles for launching apps though. Full Screen Mode arrived in Lion too, and it's something that should have been there from the start. I understand gripes moving from Lion to Mountain Lion, but Snow Leopard to Lion is a massive upgrade to the way the OS functions from a user standpoint. Being a stalwart is having an impact on the usability of your system whether you realize it or not.

Sorry, there was a disconnect. It wasn't clear who was talking about the lack of Java 7 and who was talking about Java 6 being blocked by XProtect.

Are you saying Apple should backport APIs to an OS two revisions behind, so that Oracle can maybe decide to port Java 7 to it if they feel like it? I can't stop you from feeling that way, but your OS isn't even getting security updates anymore for anything but egregious problems.

And to actually stay on topic, 10.7 was a MASSIVE update to the way window management works. Mission Control is what Expose and Spaces should have always been, and it's enough of a reason to upgrade. Also, I disagree with you lumping in assistive technologies (speech dictation) as "bloat." Other than Launchpad, I don't understand what you mean about OS X becoming iOS. Launchpad sucks, but you don't have to use it if you don't want to. At least it's better than Windows 8's tiles for launching apps though. Full Screen Mode arrived in Lion too, and it's something that should have been there from the start. I understand gripes moving from Lion to Mountain Lion, but Snow Leopard to Lion is a massive upgrade to the way the OS functions from a user standpoint. Being a stalwart is having an impact on the usability of your system whether you realize it or not.

I'm saying that I like snow leopard the way it is. While I realize that it's been 4 years since the release, I wish they would continue support for a few more years. As someone else pointed out, the era of 5+ years between OS releases has probably come to an end. I'm just not ready for it. Besides, I see it more as a money grabbing technique. I am very disappointed by the software industry's move toward micro transactions (think f2p games). I see these $20 upgrades as a move that actually will cost end users more in the end.

I understand why most of you disagree with me. I'm in the minority of users now, and I think my needs have outgrown what Apple is providing.

As someone else pointed out, the era of 5+ years between OS releases has probably come to an end.

Good riddance. No one but Microsoft users have had to put up with that shit, and there's no reason any of the rest of us should have to either. Major Linux distros are already embracing rolling release models, and I hope these make their way to the commercial sector sooner rather than later. There's no reason we should all have to settle for old software when our hardware keeps advancing at a faster and faster rate.

I'm just not ready for it. Besides, I see it more as a money grabbing technique. I am very disappointed by the software industry's move toward micro transactions (think f2p games). I see these $20 upgrades as a move that actually will cost end users more in the end.

So switch to a free OS? Don't let your computing experience suffer just because you don't feel like paying $20. (Though not wanting to pay $20 to upkeep a $2000 computer is like never changing the oil in your BMW because those darn auto shops are run by ripoff greasemonkeys.) Get modern, even if that means switching operating systems.

I understand why most of you disagree with me. I'm in the minority of users now, and I think my needs have outgrown what Apple is providing.

Seems just the opposite. Your needs have stagnated, so you cannot recognize the utility that the progressive improvements provide for you. When you use your computer the exact same way you did 5 years ago, who needs to upgrade from a 5 year old OS? For many of us, our needs continue to evolve and we expect the software to keep up. More regular updates help temper the transition between versions, and at least Apple can be relied upon not to shove something as radical as Windows 8 down your throat with no notice. Regular updates to operating systems are essential, and it's really only the fault of Windows XP that people have become convinced that somehow progressive updating is bad.

This is what I was thinking that the other guy doesn't seem to understand. If you don't want the new features, you don't have to use them with OSX. I saw so much complaining about when they added FB support yet by default it's not even functional. You don't like mission control? - Turn it off and forget it ever existed. With Windows 8, unless you actually go out and find special software not supported by MS, Metro UI is forced on you, and even one step further, they disabled the ability to turn it off in the OS once it was figured out.

Also a side note, does this seem like some weird, logic-based attempt at trolling? I've never seen the reasoning behind coming to to a forum and saying "I hate this, see ya! :mad: " I mean, do they really think anyone really cares that much? If you're not happy with something than don't buy/use it and if enough people agree with you then they will need to change or fail.

This is what I was thinking that the other guy doesn't seem to understand. If you don't want the new features, you don't have to use them with OSX. I saw so much complaining about when they added FB support yet by default it's not even functional. You don't like mission control? - Turn it off and forget it ever existed. With Windows 8, unless you actually go out and find special software not supported by MS, Metro UI is forced on you, and even one step further, they disabled the ability to turn it off in the OS once it was figured out.

Also a side note, does this seem like some weird, logic-based attempt at trolling? I've never seen the reasoning behind coming to to a forum and saying "I hate this, see ya! :mad: " I mean, do they really think anyone really cares that much? If you're not happy with something than don't buy/use it and if enough people agree with you then they will need to change or fail.

I think you're assuming people post to get others to agree with them. I posted this to see if anyone else feels similarly, or if I'm missing something.

You jumped the gun on getting a new iPhone. I don't see how the the iPhone 5 is "uninspired" either, it is the fastest smartphone on the market while also being very small, has 8 hours of LTE browse time, and its third party developer support is the best in mobile. As for Mountain Lion, great OS, and your concerns about bloat are unfounded. This post covers everything else better than I can.

So yeah, IDKWTF you're on about. :confused:

It's all down to preferences, no OS is the best, it's only the best for a certain user. If you feel that the walled garden in Apple is restrictive then by all means switch to windows or linux. But saying it's because it's become stale has always been weird to me. It's your operating system, I only want changes done to improve things, and from time to time a total GUI overhaul as long as it's for the better, not just for the sake of changing it. But if you said you're considering linux then you clearly want full control so apple's system is clearly not your best choice.

It's all down to preferences, no OS is the best, it's only the best for a certain user. If you feel that the walled garden in Apple is restrictive then by all means switch to windows or linux. But saying it's because it's become stale has always been weird to me. It's your operating system, I only want changes done to improve things, and from time to time a total GUI overhaul as long as it's for the better, not just for the sake of changing it. But if you said you're considering linux then you clearly want full control so apple's system is clearly not your best choice.

Even better IMO, saying "it's become stale", while purposefully not updating your system seems very "WTF?"

Touche.

But my suggestion for Linux still stands. Linux is free, and there are a ton of different flavors to try out if you really want to browse through all your options. It's also more compatible with other software than ever before. I was just offering it up to the OP because (obviously) he's not content with Apple anymore.

Though I admit, I'm not sure if this is more of a subtle "Apple sucks" thread or what. :confused:

Nah, its not a subtle "Apple sucks" thread. In fact, I have actually reconsidered my position after reading some of your opinions. I think I will take a closer look and see how my own processes can be improved instead of making an assumption that I can't use any of the new features.

With that being said, however, I installed Ubuntu 12.10 on my old box, and I am loving every bit of it. Perhaps my ideal solution is to run both OSX and Linux and use each for what it represents without throwing either under the bus (at least not too quickly).

Nah, its not a subtle "Apple sucks" thread. In fact, I have actually reconsidered my position after reading some of your opinions. I think I will take a closer look and see how my own processes can be improved instead of making an assumption that I can't use any of the new features.

With that being said, however, I installed Ubuntu 12.10 on my old box, and I am loving every bit of it. Perhaps my ideal solution is to run both OSX and Linux and use each for what it represents without throwing either under the bus (at least not too quickly).

Nice! I run Linux Mint myself, and also love it. I've more or less gotten rid of my Windows box now (poor thing).

I dont know why you are complaining about the 4S I think its the perfect phone, fits in my hand with case perfectly and still fits in my pocket. My friend has a five I still think its a little big and his battery lasts less then mine (i dont care what apple says if it lasts longer it doesnt.) I will keep my 4S until something really new comes out personally. I love my Apple TV as well I cannot wait to see how they start updating that in the future. Too each his own, but Im extrememly happy with my Apple phone/tv/ipad and PC in the office. I would never switch to andriod because I have used there phones in the past and there phone isnt stable and force quiting applications all the time to unfreeze or reset a simple smart phone gets annoying quick. I have always wanted an apple PC but I like building my own PCs so I cannot say anything about there OS on how good or not it is.

I didn't want to upgrade from SL to Mountain Lion either, but now that I did I would never go back. Having FaceTime, Messages, and full screen apps alone was worth every penny.

As for Apple losing its "wow" and iOS becoming stale, I hear it all over the internet but I don't understand it. I think maybe it's because they view those devices as toys whereas I see them as tools.

Gentoo here, and Fedora at work.

;)

It's never been Apple I have issues with - it's their fanboys.

Go buy one of the new brand new windows 8 ultrabooks. Guarantee you'll come begging back to apple in a week. Majority of the non-apple hardware coming out these days is rubbish. Apple doesn't need to innovate a new "big" thing every few years, as their stuff is still flying off the shelves. Walk into an apple store on the weekend and tell me it's not jam packed.

As I'm writing this I'm sitting here wiping windows on my dad's couple month old Toshiba Windows 8 ultrabook. It took less than a couple months to slow down and files to corrupt. It's terribly slow. This will be the third laptop he's used in about 4 years. He still has yet to take my advice and just pony up for a Macbook Pro or Air, but he'll still drop $600 bucks on a PC every year or so.

Their software OS released are exactly how Windows needs to be handling there's. Small incremental releases that improve upon the prior one, not a huge adjustment. Folks like familiarity. Hence why Apple products do so well. If you know how to use one, you can use them all.

Id love to get rid of my own desktop and go apple because i mostly use it for surfing, bills, email, photoediting, but I still love too build my own PCs and do like to game occasionally. My father just uses a desktop hell you get get used office machines from dell for under 300.00 for a tower running XP works great for my father i would hate to see him try to operate the newer Microsoft OS.

1. LOL cause microsoft is sooo inspired. I own a pc and a macbook....so i can compare
2. iphone 4s was released in october of 2011, iphone 5 september of 2012...so if you waited after 4s released...you jumped the gun my friend.
3. windows 8 is really " un-iOS " tiles...dashboard...yea... 8 is impressive.. Windows 8 is one of the worst things invented, i bought a windows 8 laptop and returned it within 5 days, it was horrid.

It seems you are a little biased. Personally I haven't used windows 8, but from what I hear its not that bad and some like it. Personally I haven't upgraded to windows 8 from 7 because frankly I don't want to reinstall everything. If you hate windows so much why did you buy a windows laptop?

It seems you are a little biased. Personally I haven't used windows 8, but from what I hear its not that bad and some like it. Personally I haven't upgraded to windows 8 from 7 because frankly I don't want to reinstall everything. If you hate windows so much why did you buy a windows laptop?

I'm guessing he thought he might like it, and after using it 5 days, decided it was crap.

He did say he owns a pc as well (which I'm guessing is running Windows 7), so it's not really a stretch by any means that he thought he would like it and was sorely disappointed.

Hah, Microsoft beat Apple to the punch on almost all of your bulletin points except maybe the Java 7 support and they have probably the worst smart phone OS. they're definitely behind both iOS and Android. They're probably behind Blackberry but more HIP

Replace iCloud with SkyDrive.

I think when the dust settles and commotion comes to a stand still, Apple is just an overpriced alternative in a nicer box. I just dont know enough people who are serious about apple that can actually convince me to switch

Back