Disappointed with Alphacool.de

Time2Kill

[H]ard|Gawd
Well, on Feb 4th I had ordered over $350 in watercooling equipment from Alphacool and had it shipped via DHL which should only take a day or two for international shipments.

Anyways, nothing ever showed, Alphacool told me two different ship dates, gave me an invalid tracking number, and has since stopped all communication. I advise everyone to stay far far away from them. This is absolutely ridicolous that they are stealing my hard earned money.

Here is more detailed explaination of the events: On Feb 10th 2006, I asked for an update of my order #XXXX. I received a response on Feb 13th that it had shipped on Feb 6th. I then sent another email on Feb 13th asking for a tracking number. I received a response on Feb 14th with the tracking number: 393120148826 for DHL and that my package was shipped on the Feb 7th. Now I have conflicting ship dates and the DHL tracking number does not work. I sent another email on Feb 14th asking why the tracking number doesn't work. I have never received a response. I also sent another email via their website on Feb 25th asking where my order is and why I havn't received it. I still have not received a response from them about my order. And next day shipping by DHL shouldn't take 3 weeks to ship.

Perhaps your package has been stuck in customs? Have you tried contacted DHL and see if you can get anywhere with them? I would imagine that they would be able to tell you if Alphacool sent anything via them to your address.

Hope things work out for you.

Even if the package is stuck in customs, that is no excuse for the complete lack of communications from Alphacool. I'll give DHL a call in the morning but I highly doubt they'll have any info for me.

It wouldn't be the first time that DHL has screwed up a shipment through customs. Next time have them send it standard air mail and it usually only takes about 5-7 days from Germany to the West Coast.

Try contacting them again about this.

And that's right, not the first time. One too many times gone wrong with me. Silverstone TJ03, thrown from truck to front door.

Hi, no need to write, I have been informed that someone is saying we"steal" money....

We have a forum on our shop (also for international users) where people can enquire about where,what & why the order is.

For an order to come from Germany to the USA, takes about 10-20 days, this is naturally held up thru customs, and any "Tracking" number we give you,doesn't matter, because DHL change the number as soon as it leaves German soil.

If you dont like the idea of having to order Alphacool Products fro overseas, then I could recommend you try the guys at FrozenCPU, they stock our products too.

Cheers

Chris

Alphacool-Chris said:
For an order to come from Germany to the USA, takes about 10-20 days, this is naturally held up thru customs, and any "Tracking" number we give you,doesn't matter, because DHL change the number as soon as it leaves German soil.

Thanks for stopping by Chris :)

I have placed a couple of orders from IT-Trade in Austria (which ships through Germany) and if you specify DHL you can almost be guaranteed a screwed up delayed order. However, if you send it regular mail (post) it seems to get here to California in about 5-7 days. The problem is DHL doesn't figure small orders are worth helping through US Customs, which is why the smart money is on having your own customs broker. It also helps a lot if the invoice is written in English and uses part numbers otherwise it sits in customs for days on end waiting for someone who reads and writes English/German. :(

Chris, you have a PM.

Tried calling DHL with no luck...I have to try and call again tomorrow morning and see if they can transfer me to Germany to get any sort of tracking info.

I made this post because I was getting absolutely no response from Alphacool for the last two weeks. At least now it seems that Chris is trying to help. I'll keep everyone updated.

Glad to see Chris trying to help.

Hope this all goes well :)

1-800-225-5345 for DHL

You probably already found that though. Chris is right about the tracking number changing, so when you call rant and rave about how nothing was updated on DHL's website for tracking (even though it might have been) 10-20 days to get to you is :confused: i have been in Iraq and still get expited service within 5 days. Hope you get everything worked out i know how frustrating that stuff can be.

Aviddigi tamsco said:
1-800-225-5345 for DHL

You probably already found that though. Chris is right about the tracking number changing, so when you call rant and rave about how nothing was updated on DHL's website for tracking (even though it might have been) 10-20 days to get to you is :confused: i have been in Iraq and still get expited service within 5 days. Hope you get everything worked out i know how frustrating that stuff can be.

I'm glad to hear from you again as I always wonder if you got shelled or blown up when we don't hear from you for a while. :(

Alphacool-Chris said:
Hi, no need to write, I have been informed that someone is saying we"steal" money....

We have a forum on our shop (also for international users) where people can enquire about where,what & why the order is.

If you dont like the idea of having to order Alphacool Products fro overseas, then I could recommend you try the guys at FrozenCPU, they stock our products too.

Cheers

Chris

Regardless of DHL why is alphacool ignoring this person and not doing things on their side to find out what is going on instead of trying to shift blame to another company and even blameing th customer. Sorry maybe that cuts it in Germany, but here in the US thats bad buisness ehtics.

newtype said:
Regardless of DHL why is alphacool ignoring this person and not doing things on their side to find out what is going on instead of trying to shift blame to another company and even blameing th customer. Sorry maybe that cuts it in Germany, but here in the US thats bad buisness ehtics.

Businesses in the USA have the same problem when they ship outside the USA. They can only track the shipment till it leaves the country of origin unless they are paying next day air charges. DHL is really bad because they contract off a lot of delivery work to small businesses instead of doing it themselves. Knowing this what would they say? It is easier to just ignore it while the time goes by till it delivers. Anyone who orders from a foreign country should keep up on all the ins and outs of international shipping.

That aside why didn't the OP just post in their own web forum? Alphacool usually answers stuff fairly quick in that forum. Aqua Computer says they get over 400 valid e-mails a day from people wanting to know stuff so I assume Alphacool has at least the same problem. There just isn't enough time in the day to answer that many e-mails so if it is a delivery issue on a foreign shipment the safe money is to just wait. And as Chris indicated you can always order from FrozenCPU...

Hi Guys,

Well it seems that the package was lost, and naturally DHL are the last to inform us about this, well I will send the order out again, this time we will be making sure it arrives within the time we tell people it takes.

Anyone with other problems regarding our products, please feel free to give me a buzz.

Cheers

Chris

Alphacool-Chris said:
Hi Guys,

Well it seems that the package was lost, and naturally DHL are the last to inform us about this, well I will send the order out again, this time we will be making sure it arrives within the time we tell people it takes.

Anyone with other problems regarding our products, please feel free to give me a buzz.

Cheers

Chris

Thats what I call customer service. :cool:

Just wish I didnt have to post in the forums to get the service though, but at least I dont feel like I'm being ignored and ripped off now.

Thanks Chris!

I had an order of $300+ shipped to me to the states from alphacool.de with no problems. It took a while but it got here. I think it took two and half weeks.I would do business with them.

Top Nurse said:
I'm glad to hear from you again as I always wonder if you got shelled or blown up when we don't hear from you for a while. :(

Still here and probably staying longer, the money is insane. I have never seen so many numbers after a , in my bank account. Just hope AC will be easier to get once im back. ;)

Top Nurse said:
Businesses in the USA have the same problem when they ship outside the USA. They can only track the shipment till it leaves the country of origin unless they are paying next day air charges. DHL is really bad because they contract off a lot of delivery work to small businesses instead of doing it themselves. Knowing this what would they say? It is easier to just ignore it while the time goes by till it delivers. Anyone who orders from a foreign country should keep up on all the ins and outs of international shipping.

That aside why didn't the OP just post in their own web forum? Alphacool usually answers stuff fairly quick in that forum. Aqua Computer says they get over 400 valid e-mails a day from people wanting to know stuff so I assume Alphacool has at least the same problem. There just isn't enough time in the day to answer that many e-mails so if it is a delivery issue on a foreign shipment the safe money is to just wait. And as Chris indicated you can always order from FrozenCPU...

Yet again shiffting the balme.

When you take someones money to provide them a product you are responsible till said product is delivered, and shifting the blame to the shipping company as to why something went wrong is shameless behavior. At least they did make good on this problem. And to say well you can go here are call this ect. is belogna do you not want peoples buisness?

The person chose to order from over seas. Proboably because of the better selection of product and because ordering direct from the manufacturer you do not have to wait weeks for restock for whatever reason it doesn't matter.

They took his money and then said you should have done this and that. Just not wanting bad PR. Sorry but thats not custome service thats lecturing someone ( I'm sure I'll get flamed by AC fan hores by this but I do not care, Truth hurts.). When they took his money they should have been doing more faster instead of telling the customer to do the footwork.

Aviddigi tamsco said:
Still here and probably staying longer, the money is insane. I have never seen so many numbers after a , in my bank account. Just hope AC will be easier to get once im back. ;)

Shouldn't it be "so many number BEFORE a , "?

newtype said:
Yet again shiffting the balme.

When you take someones money to provide them a product you are responsible till said product is delivered, and shifting the blame to the shipping company as to why something went wrong is shameless behavior. At least they did make good on this problem. And to say well you can go here are call this ect. is belogna do you not want peoples buisness?

The person chose to order from over seas. Proboably because of the better selection of product and because ordering direct from the manufacturer you do not have to wait weeks for restock for whatever reason it doesn't matter.

They took his money and then said you should have done this and that. Just not wanting bad PR. Sorry but thats not custome service thats lecturing someone ( I'm sure I'll get flamed by AC fan hores by this but I do not care, Truth hurts.). When they took his money they should have been doing more faster instead of telling the customer to do the footwork.

Yet again? Do we know you from somewhere else? Get banned a while back? ;)

I can understand your chagrin about this, but this is the nature of international business. How would you feel if your shipping container with a million dollars in parts got delivered to the harbor, unloaded, and then they can't find it? Happens every day in every port of the world. The bottom line is that it is the shipping companies problem as title passes at point of shipment out of the country of origin.

Now personally I don't give a rats ass as I don't sell anything in a business capacity. Didn't you notice my alias as that is the real McCoy. BTW, it would benefit you greatly to run your posts through a spell and grammar checker before posting as it makes you look like an ignorant buffon and it is extremely difficult to follow your thought train.

Waterc00L101 said:
Shouldn't it be "so many number BEFORE a , "?

Maybe he's got one of those bank account denominated in a language that reads right to left?

BTW, the money is insane because only the insane hang around in war zones. The real trick is to get from the Green Zone to the airport and out of the country without being blown up, shot, or getting your head cut off. :eek:

Top Nurse said:
Yet again? Do we know you from somewhere else? Get banned a while back? ;)

I can understand your chagrin about this, but this is the nature of international business. How would you feel if your shipping container with a million dollars in parts got delivered to the harbor, unloaded, and then they can't find it? Happens every day in every port of the world. The bottom line is that it is the shipping companies problem as title passes at point of shipment out of the country of origin.

Now personally I don't give a rats ass as I don't sell anything in a business capacity. Didn't you notice my alias as that is the real McCoy. BTW, it would benefit you greatly to run your posts through a spell and grammar checker before posting as it makes you look like an ignorant buffon and it is extremely difficult to follow your thought train.

Okay I'll answer this one part at a time.

No I have never been banned from these forums. I had never even signed up for these forums until recently.

Also just because it happens alot does it make it okay? Thats like saying well other people steal so it's okay if I do too.

Also being that english is not my first language I do appologise for my misspeling, and I'm sorry this was not statted before. Also being that these computers at school do not even have office only word pad and the like and run 98, it would be hard for me to spell check.

I've used Alphacool directly before. Everything arrived, but it took almost 3 weeks.

The only fast shipping experience (3-5 days) I've had from Germany was with Com-tra.de

Personally, I'm more than willing to wait for Frozen CPU to carry stuff before I'll order them. If something goes wrong with a German shipment, I'm going to be waiting a very long time for it to get fixed :(

Chris since the ordered products were lost . Why didn't you have the customer get his order from frozen cpu? Since it will be delayed even further now.

Pooky said:
I've used Alphacool directly before. Everything arrived, but it took almost 3 weeks.

The only fast shipping experience (3-5 days) I've had from Germany was with Com-tra.de

Personally, I'm more than willing to wait for Frozen CPU to carry stuff before I'll order them. If something goes wrong with a German shipment, I'm going to be waiting a very long time for it to get fixed :(

I am sure that many people have horror tails of online orders but Frozen cpu is a very good e-tailer and have have never had a problem with there service.

$BangforThe$ said:
Chris since the ordered products were lost . Why didn't you have the customer get his order from frozen cpu? Since it will be delayed even further now.

I don't believe alphacool carries everything that I had ordered. I had ordered some G 1/4 quick disconnects and some other misc things that I could not find on frozencpus site, otherwise I probably would have just ordered from them originally.

$BangforThe$ said:
Because Frozen are not carrying the products he ordered,

I normally dont deal with end users, my job here is to deal with the Re-sellers and Distributors, but I felt is was only fair (seeing that im the only one at our company who's mother language is English) that I deal with it.

Naturally I understand the frustrations our customers are having, but we seem to come upon a barrier every time we try to get our products into the US Market,im sure that BMW dont have this problem, after all their German engineering too, but, as always we seem to get the age old argument that "Bigger is Better" and therfore our products seem always not to be taken seriously.

Don't missunderstand me, I'm not bitchin or crying about it, as I know that someday we will also be a well known as our competition, but it just seems to be the general public and experienced watercoolers out there, are just not giving us the chance"talk about judgeing a book by its cover".

I know from personal experience, that our cooling blocks are beating the competition hands down in most cases.

but as our tubing is not of the "wider variety" its a case of "so what"

So cmon guys, give us a chance, lets see some support out there.

If you want top quality engineering, well you cant go wrong with us.

Cheers

Chris

Top Nurse said:
Maybe he's got one of those bank account denominated in a language that reads right to left?

BTW, the money is insane because only the insane hang around in war zones. The real trick is to get from the Green Zone to the airport and out of the country without being blown up, shot, or getting your head cut off. :eek:

We are the insane thats for sure, also the 000 is behind the , :p

Aviddigi tamsco said:
We are the insane thats for sure, also the 000 is behind the , :p

I can make a cool 100 grand a year here in the states. So what are they paying RN's in Baghdad?

Top Nurse said:
I can make a cool 100 grand a year here in the states. So what are they paying RN's in Baghdad?

AAAHHH here we go, this is why i dont post in forums anymore lol. How much of that is taxed TN and dont BS me. What about your property tax, your food, gas, car and all the other TN things you need in a year. I have a 50.00 dollar storage fee every month thats it ;)

I know this is an extremely old thread, but I am having a similar problem with Alphacool.de

I placed an order on alphacool.de over the weekend and chose DHL premium international as my shipping option. When discussing with a colleague today, I was informed that DHL is both a courier and the German postal service.

I contacted Alphacool and tried to get clarity on whether my order was sent with a courier or postal service and was led to believe that is was sent with the postal service. I found this to be a bit disappointing since I has paid over 90 Euros in shipping for just over 200 Euros worth of radiators. Their website also states that shipping will take 1-3 workdays and it is called 'Premium International' shipping.

I immediately asked if I could switch my shipping from DHL to UPS and pay the difference to which I was told that since the item is in picking already, the shipping could not be changed. In subsequent emails I was abruptly told that I cannot change anything, not even the shipping address and I cannot cancel my order even though my order status is ‘in process’.

Can anyone confirm whether the DHL shipping from Alphacool is sent with a door to door courier or via the postal service? Does the tracking number now track all the way or just till it leaves Germany?

Attachments

• AC.PNG
    AC.PNG
    14.9 KB · Views: 0
Holy thread necro batman.

Sorry can't help on the DHL stuff....DHL is completely different company since 2006 when I ordered. They basically went bankrupt here in the states and only do international shipments now.

Holy thread necro batman.

Sorry can't help on the DHL stuff....DHL is completely different company since 2006 when I ordered. They basically went bankrupt here in the states and only do international shipments now.

Here in South Africa they are only a courier company but will do local and international shipments.
I know it's been a long time but you remember if the final leg of your package was delivered delivered by USPS or DHL themselves?

Back then it was via DHL, but DHL had a way larger presence in the USA back then. Now they're almost non-existant.

Back then it was via DHL, but DHL had a way larger presence in the USA back then. Now they're almost non-existant.

Thanks for the info.
Hopefully, tomorrow they'll be more forthcoming with info and I can try and figure out how my goods are arriving.

NEW RECORD!!! 13.5 year necro.
1: sounds like it was already picked up. so no you cant cancel as you'd get "free stuff".
2: DHL is both. once it goes to leave the country it transfers to their courier system.

EK used DHL to deliver to me and DHL person was the one that delivered it to my door here in the US.

You'll be fine the tracking usually works internationally. Deutsche Post is technically different though but yes it works that way.

EK used DHL to deliver to me and DHL person was the one that delivered it to my door here in the US.

that's surprising unless you happen to live near one of the major hubs.. out here DHL just hands off to either UPS, or FedEx to deliver.

Here in South Africa they are only a courier company but will do local and international shipments.
I know it's been a long time but you remember if the final leg of your package was delivered delivered by USPS or DHL themselves?

most likely it went through their local postal services to DHL.. i've honestly never seen anything from DHL go through the USPS station i work at but could just be this station doesn't deal with DHL, i've never bothered to ask.

Back