disable windows has detected that your computer's performance is slow

dracos

Supreme [H]ardness
Ok, this is annoying me to no end.

This stupid pop up "windows has detected that your computer's performance is slow"

The problem is that I'm not doing anything. I have a browser with Gmail open and this forum and it tells me that.

I have searched everywhere for a solution to disable this damn thing. I thought maybe the experts here at Hardforums might be able to help me out.

Yes I have all the latest drivers.

Specs:
Windows 7 Pro 64bit -Corei5 750 - EVGA P55 - 10gb DDR3 - Corsair 850Watt PSU - ATI 4970+4870 Video cards

No overclocking is done, this is my work system so I like it stock and stable.

It's popping up more now that I added more ram to the system actually. This makes no sense to me, more ram should be better right? I had 8gigs ddr3 then I tried to add four more gigs but it kept telling me that I only had 6gigs of usable ram but it saw the 12 gigs. So I pulled out one 2gig stick and now it sees and uses all 10gigs of ram but now I get this error even if I'm just using my email. I probably don't need 10 or 12 gigs or ram, but it's sitting here so why not use it?!

And NO I don't want to disable Aero I like it and my system is more than enough to handle it I think.

It's not a virtual memory/page file issue; if it was, the notification would say specifically that Windows is "low on virtual memory" and would then adjust itself to improve performance.

This is something completely different.

Click Start, type reliability and wait for it to appear on the menu, then select it. Look over the Reliability Monitor history and see what's going on - there's got to be something in there that's hurting performance for whatever reason. That's at least a stepping stone for you to begin with.

Do you have your wallpaper to rotate like every five minutes or something? Try disabling that if you do.

It's not a virtual memory/page file issue; if it was, the notification would say specifically that Windows is "low on virtual memory" and would then adjust itself to improve performance.

This is something completely different.

Click Start, type reliability and wait for it to appear on the menu, then select it. Look over the Reliability Monitor history and see what's going on - there's got to be something in there that's hurting performance for whatever reason. That's at least a stepping stone for you to begin with.

tried that.. the only warning there is from July 18th about unsucessful driver installation about a USB device

oddly enough now that I'm running a lot of stuff I haven't seen the error now... I've got netflix playing on one monitor, I'm batch resizing pictures on another, browsing a folder on another one and one my last monitor I'm typing this and monitoring my security cameras but now the error has NOT shown up..

also I don't have it set to rotate wallpapers, I just pick one and let it sit for a couple weeks and then change it manually.

Back