Disable onboard buzzer on MSI H55M-E33

omniscence

[H]ard|Gawd
Is there a known way to disable the onboard buzzer on the H55M-E33? I'd like to use that board for my HTPC and the power-on beep annoys me. There is no BIOS option and no comment about that in the manual. Maybe there is an undocumented jumper setting to diable it, because my next step would be to unsolder the damn thing.

Thanks in advance!

Uh...ONBOARD buzzer?
You mean that board is so crappy that it doesn't even have a speaker jumper cable you can unplug?

The board has a speaker header and even a buzzer header (don't ask me what the difference is). But the damn onboard piezo buzzer will always beep after POST. I tried shorting the headers, but it seems the onboard thing even has its own driver. A lot of the cheapest MSI boards have this onboard buzzer.

Is there a known way to disable the onboard buzzer on the H55M-E33? I'd like to use that board for my HTPC and the power-on beep annoys me. There is no BIOS option and no comment about that in the manual. Maybe there is an undocumented jumper setting to diable it, because my next step would be to unsolder the damn thing.

Thanks in advance!

You can fill it with epoxy too...

I did that with an old computer, worked great.

Back