Dirt3 DLC

Bloefield

[H]ard|Gawd
Just a heads up to those playing Dirt3.

The Monte Carlo DLC is available through GFWL market place in- game.
It cost 800pts[$10]. I've only tried the first rally and it was good. Narrow streets and looked great. Wish the game had more rally like this upon initial purchase. Anyway I'm glad I got it.

Just a heads up to those playing Dirt3.

The Monte Carlo DLC is available through GFWL market place in- game.
It cost 800pts[$10]. I've only tried the first rally and it was good. Narrow streets and looked great. Wish the game had more rally like this upon initial purchase. Anyway I'm glad I got it.

They did.

They just held it back, like the majority of greedy developers now, so they could get extra money off you.

I have a really dumb question. I just picked this up yesterday and whenever I hit something hard, artifacts flash on my screen for a brief moment. Is it supposed to do that?

yup i saw it the first time and went WTF!?!?!?! then realized "oh yeah I'm using the bumper cam which means its treating it as a camera, sweet".

well time to get the DLC content and start making some more video's to waste bandwidth uploading to youtube..

I have a really dumb question. I just picked this up yesterday and whenever I hit something hard, artifacts flash on my screen for a brief moment. Is it supposed to do that?

Well Mine does it to!!!!!!! No matter what drivers, this game is a buggy SOB. There are lots of problems, Crash to Desktop, Black Screens with just sound. Trust me dont think its your PC i have over 15 games installed and this one is the only one that completely sux.

Well Mine does it to!!!!!!! No matter what drivers, this game is a buggy SOB. There are lots of problems, Crash to Desktop, Black Screens with just sound. Trust me dont think its your PC i have over 15 games installed and this one is the only one that completely sux.

i finished the entire single player and have yet to see a single bug in the game nor has it ever crashed on me. you may want to check the temps on your card(s) because it will put the gpu under 100% load. even with BFBC2 which puts my gpu under 100% load, dirt 3 consistently puts my card in the 80-85C range @ 59% fan speed vs BFBC2 that puts it around 78C @ 45% fan speed.

The game has been glitch-free for me so far. I wish more games were this stable, and it performs really well on my 560 Ti.

Might get the DLC if I ever actually beat the single player.

i finished the entire single player and have yet to see a single bug in the game nor has it ever crashed on me. you may want to check the temps on your card(s) because it will put the gpu under 100% load. even with BFBC2 which puts my gpu under 100% load, dirt 3 consistently puts my card in the 80-85C range @ 59% fan speed vs BFBC2 that puts it around 78C @ 45% fan speed.

Temps are in the 70's, This game does it if im at stock or overclocked.

The game has been glitch-free for me so far. I wish more games were this stable, and it performs really well on my 560 Ti.

Agreed, I wish more game developers took the time to work out their bugs pre release rather then patch post release.

Temps are in the 70's, This game does it if im at stock or overclocked.

probably a driver issue then, you might want to check the new 11.7 beta/early release, see if there are any fixes for dirt 3 in crossfire.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1619240

yeah i kept having to set the AI to easy during the stupid gymkana crap or what ever its called.. friggin hated having to do that crap. all i wanted to do was run the rallies, not spin around some stupid green thing and do donuts in a purple square.. then i would put the AI back to hard during the rallies.

Played half-way through the entire game without a hiccup on my 5850. Then, a couple weeks ago, I bought a 570 and it started crashing between races. I have to run it in a 1920x1080 window so it doesn't crash. Clearly, an Nvidia video card issue but since the game is AMD/ATI funded they don't seem to be in a hurry to fix it. :rolleyes:

hell every race i play, with in the first 40 seconds of the race, i get crazy stutter..

Tried deleting live assistant, GFWL, and reinstalling and still have the stutter...

I wanted to pick this game up but have been steering clear (lol) of it until I did some research

Is the multiplayer pretty open world? I miss the need for speed porsche unleashed kind of driving in exotic outdoor landscapes across miles and miles of terrain, and hate the small tracks where you do several laps.

I googled several multiplayer videos of some kind of parking lot drifting (which is exactly the kind of game im trying to avoid) for every one video I found of driving through a forest or on a long open road in the snow capped mountains.

:confused:

You have other issues then. I (and everybody else I know who plays it) have had zero problems of any kind. Never a crash, never a glitch-out, never artifacting.

You didn't get the version that requires you to wear an eye-patch and parrot, did you...

Agreed, I wish more game developers took the time to work out their bugs pre release rather then patch post release.

I am currently cringing at the mess that we will likely be able to expect when Skyrim comes out later this year. Oblivion for PC was a mess that took a while to get sorted out, and so was Fallout New Vegas for PC.

The more I see about DIRT 3, the more I think i'll get it as I really enjoyed DIRT 2.

Back