DiRT Rally

Now I have to buy a G27.. This game is far too difficult to try and drive with anxbox controller. Hey, add in Assetto Corsa and I have no excuse not to own a G27

Now I have to buy a G27.. This game is far too difficult to try and drive with anxbox controller. Hey, add in Assetto Corsa and I have no excuse not to own a G27

G27 is a nice wheel. I'm going to build a stand for mine in a few weeks. It has been gathering dust for months because hooking it up takes entirely too long.

DIRT RALLY - MODERN MASTERS UPDATE

November 2 in DiRT Games - General Discussion

It's time for 0.9! Today’s version 0.9, dubbed Modern Masters, sees the introduction of two of the most influential rally cars in the last decade to the 2000s class: The Citroën C4 Rally 2010 and the Ford Focus RS Rally 2007. At their peak, these cars reigned supreme with their two litre turbo charged engines and highly sophisticated differentials.

The update also sees the introduction of the R4 class to DiRT Rally. Featuring the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X and the Subaru Impreza WRX STI 2011, this class represents cars from two of the most iconic manufacturers in modern rallying.

In addition, as part of our continued commitment to Early Access the Modern Masters pack sees the Group B 4WD and Group A classes receiving the latest handling updates. We’ve also been hard at work adding community requested features as well as fixing a number of known issues.

Here’s the list of what’s new this month:

New R4 class with 2 cars (Subaru Impreza WRX STI & Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X)
2 new cars added to 2000s class (Ford Focus RS Rally & Citroën C4 Rally)
v.2 Car Handling on R4, Group B 4WD and Group A
Additions and Community Requests:
Stage distance and elevation is now shown in stage information screen
Steering rotation in cockpit now matches actions of player when the driver arms are not shown.
Manual control for headlights and wipers
New liveries featured on some cars including the Repsol livery on the Lancia Delta
Countdown timer added for the last 60 seconds of a Rallycross race
Grid Order and Assists added to session options in PVP
Player preferences is now available in the Lobby and Online Service Area
· Fixes

o Fixed the CPU detection so the correct thread strategy is chosen for your PC. This fixes the stuttering issues that we may have introduced in v0.8, sorry about that!

o The achievement “Visceral... but in the correct meaning of the word” is now only unlockable when meeting the required criteria. This should mean it is a proper challenge to unlock again.

o The timing of some co-driver calls for Finland have been adjusted, they won’t be as early in some places. Also, they’ve got a bit braver so they’ve raised their volume a bit too.

o Advanced Custom Wheel configurations are now saving correctly, Clutch deadzone and saturation settings will now be saved with wheel settings too. Yay!.

o Animal protection services have been on the phone so we’ve had to move the wildlife on some stages to safety.

o Issues with systems crashing at the start of a stage when using AMD Crossfire are now resolved.

o The game will save after you receive your rewards from online events – yeah, they didn’t do that before.

o Fixed a crash that would occur if you exited to the menus in a Rallycross event at the semi-finals .

o Fixed the Logitech G29 actionmap so you can navigate the menus correctly – we finally got hold of one to test it out.

o Fixed repair puncture OSD text remaining on screen after the player retires.

o Fixed the wrong points being displayed for entrants when any of the reverse grid options were enabled in PvP.

o “Gotta Get Me One of These” and “Any Given Sunday” achievements both now unlock when completed in any relevant online event.

o Spectating another player crash at high speed in PVP will no longer break the camera changing system.

o The mouse cursor will now hide when the mouse is not moved for a short period of time, solving the issue where the mouse cursor would remain on screen when played in windowed mode.

o AI difficulty levels should now be working within league play.

Feel free to stop by on the forums and let us know what you think or just to say hi!

Love,

The DiRT Team

DiRT Rally - Version 1.0 and Winter Wonderland Update
http://steamcommunity.com/games/310560/announcements/detail/42019920493957545

December 7 - jennyanne_m

This is it. It’s all led to this point. It’s time for version 1.0!

Yes, as of today, DiRT Rally is officially leaving Early Access and launching on Steam. It’s been a hell of a ride and we’re so glad you’ve been able to join us along the road to launch. Between you, you’ve clocked up over 98 million kilometres so far!

Today’s Steam launch brings with it the Winter Wonderland update, which delivers a new rally set in the snow and ice of the Varmland region of Sweden to the game. These snow-filled stages are known for their snow banks and we’ve been hard at work on new soft edge tech that simulates the density of snow. As a result, you can now lean on the snow banks when pushing for those stage records.

The update also brings two new cars to the game, the Hyundai Rally and the Volkswagen Polo Rally. These cars are the most recent additions to the pinnacle of the sport and they are the perfect way to round off our Early Access programme.

The Winter Wonderland update also sees the introduction of Steam Workshop support that allows players to share Car Setup & Force Feedback settings. You can find a guide for this here: (

DiRT Rally Service Park - Guide. A Guide for DiRT Rally
By: Adrian Paul Smith
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=570805193
Guide for sharing Force Feedback and Vehicle Tuning via Steam Workshop with DiRT Rally.

You can get started with settings from our simulation team here:

Developer Service Pack
By: Adrian Paul Smith
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=570797271
A collection of FFB and Tuning settings from the handling team here at Codemasters.

We’ve also made improvements and refinements made to Global Leaderboards and League support.

Here’s the rundown of other stuff that’s new this month:
•You can now tune your immersion levels by customising your OSD options, choosing between On, Countdowns Only and Off.

•The Logitech G29 wheel is now correctly listed in the controller preset menu.

•Custom Championships now reward you with the correct number of credits.

•There’s a new EULA to sign when you boot the game, which asks you to kindly behave yourself when you’re playing with others.

•Your favourite pet mouse has learnt a new trick, and can now change the livery on your car.

•If you own an Owner’s Club event, you will now correctly own the Owned achievement.

•If you pledge a wedge to an online Wager Event and the event ends while you’re on stage, we’ll give you your CR back.

•Your Oculus Rift can now be toggled to lock the horizontal orientation. Look for a flag in the hardware configuration file.

•Sliders on the Advanced Racing Wheel Options screen now increment at the same rate as the Steering and Pedal calibration screen.

•Your Service Crews are back from their training course and will now correctly setup your car for multi-location events.

•Stopped one set of Rallycross results from appearing on a Rally leaderboard.

•You no longer need to hold the headlight control to activate your lights. You can now just tap that.

•Windows accounts with accented and non-latin characters will now correctly save game settings.

•Fixed a weird bug where the camera would briefly flick back to the default position at the start of a stage after customising the seat position.

•@Kick_Up will now politely and calmly inform you if your wheels fall off, and if you’re going the wrong way.

As ever, please stop by the forums and let us know what you think of version 1.0 and how you think we did in early access. We couldn’t have done it without you!

Love,

The DiRT Team x

Last edited:
You played a bunch of this Cagey? Is it good stuff? I haven't played a dirt since 2.

It is only a DiRT game in name. All of the DiRT games that I played before DiRT Rally were just arcade jaunts. This game is a simulator. It is unforgiving. It will make you cry when you hit a wall and a tire goes down when you were finally in first place. It is mean and it is brutal.

But it is very fair. If you make a mistake it is because you messed up. You took a chance and it paid off that launched you into the lead. There is no RNG crap to taint the experience. It's your skill versus the time clock. There is a CO-Driver that calls out the next turn or hazard. You can even adjust how much in advance you want the call out to occur.

There are a TON of graphics options. There is even one that just kills my frame rate. I can't wait for the next generation of cards to come out so that I can max out the game. There is full contact PvP racing also. The PvP encourages you to participate by allowing you to rent a high end car if you haven't unlocked it in the game yet. So many leaderboards. The game is a blast.

DiRT Rally is the cream of the crop of PC Rally racing.

It is only a DiRT game in name. All of the DiRT games that I played before DiRT Rally were just arcade jaunts. This game is a simulator. It is unforgiving. It will make you cry when you hit a wall and a tire goes down when you were finally in first place. It is mean and it is brutal.

But it is very fair. If you make a mistake it is because you messed up. You took a chance and it paid off that launched you into the lead. There is no RNG crap to taint the experience. It's your skill versus the time clock. There is a CO-Driver that calls out the next turn or hazard. You can even adjust how much in advance you want the call out to occur.

There are a TON of graphics options. There is even one that just kills my frame rate. I can't wait for the next generation of cards to come out so that I can max out the game. There is full contact PvP racing also. The PvP encourages you to participate by allowing you to rent a high end car if you haven't unlocked it in the game yet. So many leaderboards. The game is a blast.

DiRT Rally is the cream of the crop of PC Rally racing.

You just sold me. I miss a good Rally sim. Gonna dust off my G25 and pick this up! :)

This game is SO GOOD at release. Codemasters, IMO, basically defined how Early Access should be handled. Not only did they listen to feedback (in some extremely significant ways) but also actually released the damn game on time.

This PCGamer review is one of the worst reviews I've ever seen. This guy goes on about how the cars don't handle realistically with "keeping the rear end in check" and "traction control" and stuff, which the game doesn't have if you turn assists off. He goes on to talk about how cars all feel exactly the same and so on. Yeah, reviews are subjective, but this stuff is objectively wrong...

/rant. Dirt Rally is the best racing game I've played in a loooong time, and the best rally game of all time as it sits right now.

This game is brutallllll.
I literally have sweat on my forehead every time I play. Its very stressful, intense and I love it. Drop a wheel in a ditch or come in too fast and its over. Other road racing games I feel satisfied to finish at top of the pack. This one I feel so good just to finish with a decent time and the car still in one piece. This is the definition of a real Rally game. Codemasters have done it.

Quick love bump for this game. Just started playing a week ago and can't put it down. I've been a fan of these type games since RBR.....

Still using my ancient momo racing wheel. Finding it hard to get the FFB dialed in to my liking due to the multitude of options between the profiler and the in game settings.

At 1440 with 2x780ti the game runs amazing and both cards see an average usage of 95+ % ... that by itself seems to a be a rarity with most games. MSAAx4 all options to ultra but advanced blending off, the in-game benchmark states an average FPS of around 130. Low being 115 max around 160. VRAM useage pegs at around 2.8 with those settings.

Anyone comment if spending the coin on a newer wheel is worth it? LOL this wheel was designed with win 98/xp in mind.....

Thanks, think I got it squared away... needed to turn off / down the centering spring force in the profiler.

Dirt Rally is very impressive. Visually it looks great, performance is fantastic. It's too bad I am extremely awful at playing the damn thing. Not that I am good at any sim racing game. Assetto Corsa, Project Cars, Dirt Rally. All three of these games sit in my Steam library and taunt me, as they know I am a rubbish sim racer.

I even have a TX wheel, not that it helps me race better. Practice makes perfect though, probably should get the racing chair going again so I try to improve.

Dirt Rally is very impressive. Visually it looks great, performance is fantastic. It's too bad I am extremely awful at playing the damn thing.

Yeah first game in a while where I look for youtube training videos. I prefer circuit type racing as learning doesn't take extra effort (either by experience or gaining experience by following what other racer's do) so enjoyment comes pretty quickly and time commitment is low (a few races and I'm good). However, Dirt Rally is so good that I keep coming back just for incremental improvement and just finishing a race without crashing feels like a big accomplishment.

I thought this was hilarious so I figured I would share.

'What's the difference between God and DiRT Rally?
God sometimes forgives your mistakes.'
- games.ch

DiRT on Twitter

CcfNzGrW8AA3FJ0.jpg:large

Developers made a montage of the best moments from fan footage sent to them.

17.3GB patch rolled out today. Holy smokes! We're officially V1. Console launch was today also. The new telemetry tool sounds cool.

DiRT Rally Update - Version 1.1
April 5 - christina.mcgrath
WELCOME! Today’s the day our DiRT family gets bigger – so hello console players! Strap yourselves in, because it’s going to be a thrilling ride.  And PC players, welcome to DiRT Rally 1.1 – the new content is unbelievably good fun, so we hope you love and enjoy it.

And surprise! I know you were all expecting the console launch and new content today - but were you expecting CREST, our new telemetry tool?

That’s right - the Codemasters RaceNet Evaluation and Statistics Tool is now live and available on dirtgame.com! PS4 and Xbox One players will be able to access it through the website immediately, whereas PC players will need the latest patch to play with it. However, we’re delighted to finally let you get your hands on it! It’s very cool – so let us tell you a little more about what it offers.

First of all, you’re going to want to know where to access it. Head to dirtgame.com, log into your RaceNet account, and click through to the Dailies data. We’ll be supporting Daily 1 and Daily 2 to begin with, so make sure you get competing in those to make the most out of your new data sets.

When you arrive there, you’ll have a new button under the Leaderboard header – ‘View Telemetry using CREST’. Using this, you can compare your ghost to the fastest time’s ghost – and that comparison covers a range of different inputs and information, including: sector times, racing line, braking, acceleration, speed, and even which gear you’re taking the corner in.

Giving you live feedback from a top-down aerial view, you’ll be able to slow down time and analyse your performance corner by corner. You can choose to have the tracker follow your cars around the map, or you can control your view manually – choosing to focus on particular segments or corners of track.

You’ll also be able to sort users by assists and input – so if you’re starting off with assists and a pad, you’ll be able to gauge your performance against people in the same boat. And, by the same token, if you’re using a wheel without any assists, then you’ll be able to measure yourself against the fastest of your field. Honestly, we could talk about it all day – but the best thing to do is download the patch and see it for yourselves. It holds some incredible data, and the insight it offers should really help you perfect your driving styles.

Oh, and did we mention it’s available and accessible via mobile too? Yes – now you’ll be able to check out your performance on your phone too. Although, mobile access does come with a caution: be prepared for lots of refreshing and it taking over your life. ;)

Of course, with V1.1 comes a whole host of tweaks and fixes – so here are the patch notes:

• Game – A stock engineer team are now used in the Service area for Online Events to prevent some players gaining an advantage. This will also occur in Leagues depending on the settings used.
• UI Fix – Users are now instantly informed and moved onto the next run if they unfortunately Terminally damage their vehicle on the start line of a Hillclimb event.
• Achievement Fix – “I am the 5%” unlocking criteria has now been made clearer.
• Online Fix – When a player enters the pause menu, their vehicle will now instantly ghost.
• UI Fix – Controller disconnection message is now always showing on top of whichever screen you are on at that time.
• Game Fix – Solved an issue when the option to apply the first perk to your Crew Chief was not showing.
• AI Fix – In a Hillclimb event, the AI drivers will now place correctly if they Terminally Damage in their second run.
• Online – Players no longer receive a Clean Race / Appearance bonus if they retire from the event early.
• Game Fix – Fixed an issue where a player takes 2 joker laps in a row and then their 2nd Joker lap icon disappears due to the AI driver entering the Joker lap.
• Vehicles - The threshold for punctures has been increased, making the tyres more resistant to punctures on landings.
• Controls – Players can no longer accidently unbind ‘Gear Up’ and ‘Gear Down’ controls when re-assigning buttons if they have their preferential transmission set as Automatic.
• COMMUNITY – Car Damage – Car parts will no longer clip through the Lancia Stratos cockpit when damaged.
• COMMUNITY – Animations – Drivers are now shifting correctly when using either of the F2 Kit Cars.
• COMMUNITY – Online Event – Some cars reported by the community should no longer gain an increase in performance after damaging their car exhaust.
• COMMUNITY – Reset Lines - Some reset lines around the tight hairpins on the Monte carlo stage, Route de Turini, have been replaced.
• Audio – Co-driver calls issues for Sweden have been fixed and minor adjustments to other locations.
• Graphics – Corrected an issue where the wrong car kickup VFX was incorrectly being used after completing a stage in Greece.
• Graphics – Crowd members in Sweden are now correctly dressed at all times.
• Exploit – Possible shortcut on the German stage Flugzeugring has been removed.
• Exploit – Users should now no longer have a second try at a daily event after quitting out via ALT+F4.
• Graphics – Lighting issues should now be resolved when using a system with 3+ graphics cards in use.
• Controllers – After using a racing wheel with H pattern transmission in game, upon rebooting and using a controller, the title will now recognise the change and change the transmission type accordingly.
• Replays – Car reset points are now the same when viewing a replay as they are in game, removing the possibility of collision issues when watching a replay in slow motion.
• Game – Custom Events now use a stock Team of engineers in the service area at all times.
• Game – Hillclimb – AI drivers who terminally damage in their 2nd run will now be correctly placed in the final results screen.
• Controller – Issue where the players controller will continuously rumble during the pre-race sequence for a rallycross event no longer occurs.
• Leaderboards – Players who use a non-standard character as the first letter of their driver name will now be shown correctly in an events leaderboard.
• Controls – Gear up/ Gear down can now be assigned controls when the user has set their transmission type to automatic.
• Languages – Brazilian Portuguese and Russian added to the game.

Finally, thank you so much for sticking with us on this wild, bumpy, thrilling ride that is DiRT Rally. Your honest feedback, enthusiasm and engagement with us and the game has been utterly wonderful - and we can’t thank you enough. You’ve helped make the game what it is today, and for that, we’re truly grateful. Now today’s arrived, we can’t wait to share it with the world.

Codemasters posted this video today. Can't wait for my new hard drive to show up so I can reinstall the game and give this a try!

Dirt Rally is basically Dark Souls on wheels – and it's all because of a bloke with a clipboard.
http://www.gamesradar.com/dirt-rall...-its-all-because-of-a-bloke-with-a-clipboard/

Dirt Rally isn’t a racing game. Well, okay, it is in that it has cars, a start line and a bloke that says ‘across the finish’ but it has more in common with adventure games than you might think. It’s Dark Souls on wheels, basically, where the track is Lord of Cinder and your co-driver’s pacenotes are letters left by people who’ve failed hard before you.

I found it amusing myself. ;) Thought someone else might also.

Anyone been playing the game in VR? It is really fun with my Oculus Rift.

Real life Dirt Rally. ;)

Back