DiRT Rally Racing

Baker

2[H]4U
I haven’t played to many Rally Racing games.. but this game DiRT looks awesome.

Yes its coming to both X360 and PS3... lets please not turn this into a console war or a format war...

IGN's article here

So basically it has great graphics, great physics, the way damage is done to cars sounds like its better than Fronza...

Each rally car has eight areas that can sustain damage during a race. At the start of a rally, your engine, gearbox, bodywork, exhaust, driveshaft, suspension, cooling system and wheels are set at 100%. That won't last, even if you're a near-perfect driver. Rally's offroad locales are going to put some strain on your car. Friction and heat will wear down your wheels regardless of how perfect your lines and even a slight jump or drop from a hill will weaken your suspension. Once you start slamming into barriers (or rocks, or port-a-potties) the damage to your rally car mounts quickly.

I think I might have to pick this one up... MotorStorm meets realism? :D

this is gonna be a great game, Code Masters has always imo delivered in rally racing games.

This year is really making me glad I bought a 360, there are just so many good games coming out. I've got the racing bug so I'm looking at DiRT in addition to Forza 2. I haven't been big in to rally racing games before but I'm interested in giving this one a shot. I tried one of the Colin McRae games before and its seemed solid but I was more into some other games at the time. This time I think I'll make the leap and pick up DiRT.

This year is really making me glad I bought a 360, there are just so many good games coming out. I've got the racing bug so I'm looking at DiRT in addition to Forza 2. I haven't been big in to rally racing games before but I'm interested in giving this one a shot. I tried one of the Colin McRae games before and its seemed solid but I was more into some other games at the time. This time I think I'll make the leap and pick up DiRT.

I don't know if it's supported by BC, but look into Rallisport Challenge 2. It's absolutely great.

I was a nut for RS2 and I purchased a 360 just for the upcoming racing games so I'm not complaining....but RS2 isn't on the backwards compatibility list. RS1 is however and works well. Just not next gen.:p

I was a nut for RS2 and I purchased a 360 just for the upcoming racing games so I'm not complaining....but RS2 isn't on the backwards compatibility list. RS1 is however and works well. Just not next gen.:p

Ah, that's a shame. I've heard the first one is pretty good too, but I've only played the (awesome) sequel.

When more racing games are released, I'll probably seriously look into getting one. Come on, Rallisport 3! (pipedream, I know)

I would have to say that I expect Dirt to be the best racing game available ever....until Flatout Total Carnage comes out. I really enjoy Flatout 2 on the PC. I think there is an XBOX 1 version...not so much greatness there I'd think. I really thought they would release Flatout 2 for the 360. I mean the 360 was out when the game was released. I guess they just didn't have time to fit it into development. And then when I heard that Flatout 2 WAS indeed coming to the 360 in 2007, it turns out it's a whole new game: Flatout Total Carnage.
IMO, FTC teamed with Dirt and Burnout Paradise. It's going to be a good year for racing games.

Hey, don't forget, it'll be out for the PC too. I've always loved the Colin Mcrae Rally series, so this should be a worthy addition to that lineage.

Def will be picking this up. Been waiting on a next gen rally game for the longest time.

"Fronza" sounds like a cheap knockoff of MS's racing franchise and should be avoided at all costs.:p Seriously though..Codemasters has owned the damage modeling crown for a few years now with the Pro race driver series...I just hope they spent some time on working out the physics for this one.;)

Anyone know off hand if this game gonna be online? If so, up to how many?

I wonder which game will break the ice and offer a MP game that you can play both X360 and PS3 owners.

Thats cool, I can be patient until DiRT comes out. I have alot of games on my list that are coming out this year so I'll be budgeting my game expeditures this year.

Back