DiRT Rally 2.0

Colonel Sanders

Supreme [H]ardness
DiRT Rally 2.0 has been announced. Just like the first game, it features point-to-point rally and FIA RX (rallycross) racing with a simulation focus. Hillclimb looks to be absent for this game. Release date is February 26, 2019 for the standard edition or February 22, 2019 for the deluxe edition.

• OVER 50 OF THE MOST POWERFUL OFF-ROAD CARS EVER BUILT – Tear through environments with an iconic roster of historic and modern-day rally cars, VW Polo GTI R5, Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X & Citroen C3 R5. Also take on the challenging power of the Chevrolet Camaro GT4.R.

• 6 REAL LIFE RALLY LOCATIONS –Take the wheel through the stunning environments of New Zealand, Argentina, Spain, Poland, Australia and the USA.

• FEEL YOUR RACE – Improved handling, surfaces, fallibility and environments deliver the most authentic and focused off-road experience ever.

• THE OFFICIAL GAME OF THE FIA WORLD RALLYCROSS CHAMPIONSHIP – Race at Barcelona, Montalegre, Mettet, Lohéac Bretagne, Trois-Rivieres, Hell, Holjes and Silverstone in a multitude of different series.

• DEVELOP YOUR OWN TEAM – Create a team, hire your staff and expand your garage of vehicles as you choose.

• TUNING – Tune your vehicle to suit your driving style and environmental characteristics. Alleviate wear and tear by configuring each car’s set-up, and upgrade your parts to ensure your vehicles are ready for whatever challenge lies ahead.

• GET COMPETITIVE – Race the entire DiRT Community in Daily, Weekly and Monthly Challenges, with worldwide leaderboards and events.

For the VR fans out there, apparently it will NOT have VR support at launch, but they are looking at a possible post-release update if enough demand is there.

Let's hope this will not be another DiRT 4 debacle.

Last edited:
I don't get it. If it features point to point rally events, why is the video showing a rally-cross event?

As I said, it features rally and rallycross. And the video shows both rally and rallycross.
They should stick to one type of racing, when they try mixing it up that's when we start having problems.

They should stick to one type of racing, when they try mixing it up that's when we start having problems.

I agree, I'd prefer if they stuck 100% to rally events. That being said, DiRT Rally is still the best rally game in town, so we gotta take what we can get. :D

"Mixing it up" - as if rallycross is much more different than rally. If you have no clue how the rally world works, you have no business commenting on how rally game should be developed. Go back to mario kart racing, kid.

"Mixing it up" - as if rallycross is much more different than rally. If you have no clue how the rally world works, you have no business commenting on how rally game should be developed. Go back to mario kart racing, kid.
Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

I've read your post about 10 minutes ago, but I still haven't recovered from it. I think I might have to apply for disability for the permanent brain damage it caused.

I've seen some shit on the internet, but rally cross being not much different than actual rally, easily trumps the usual creationist and sjw nonsense I put up with.

Looks interesting, love the audio as I always have. Though I must say it looks like they are still using the textures, engine and everything from Dirt 2.
Will hold off and see how it reviews. I don't need the latest and greatest graphics for it to be fun so if they added better physics and such on the simulation end as mentioned in the OP I may bite.

From what I've seen so far, it's very much Dirt Rally but with new rally locations and some new/some missing cars. The improvements are pretty minor. In other words, the game is really solid, it's just very incremental compared to the first game.

Anyone else tried this today? I got it for $30 on CDKeys so it was a no-brainer.

Really loving it and the graphics are fantastic. Unfortunately, at 4K Ultra I'm fluctuating between 40-50 FPS so it's not totally smooth. However, the eye candy is so nice I don't want to turn it down, so I'm going to have to play with some of the settings. I'm hoping to tweak the lengthy list of graphics options so that it bumps up the frame rate without impacting the visuals too much.

dirtrally2 2019-02-26 10-01-40-20.jpg

dirtrally2 2019-02-26 10-02-19-80.jpg

dirtrally2 2019-02-26 10-02-27-23.jpg

dirtrally2 2019-02-26 10-02-37-28.jpg

The Steam reviews mention that Career mode requires an always online connection with RaceNet. Buyer beware.

Edit: Apparently even single player mode requires an online connection.!

I spent around 30 minutes fiddling with the settings trying to preserve my 4K resolution, but after turning off a lot of the effects, the visuals looked pretty flat and dull.

So I gave in and dropped the resolution to 2560x1600 and turned everything back to Ultra. It looks great and I'm getting 60-90 FPS now, which is a compromise I can live with.

Sigh, with this and Metro Exodus taxing my 1080 Ti at 4K so much, guess I need to reconsider getting a 2080 Ti. :(

While I was at CDKEYS, I also noticed they already had a DLC our for Dirt Rally 2.0.. it adds a Porsche rally car and another older car to the game for $1.97. For that price, I said "why not"......

Robert Jordan
Winnsboro Texas

Looks to be one one hell of an engine. A locked 60 fps for the OneX is impressive.

-Ridiculous time of the IA.

-Graphics problems such as too dark in some area even at daylight.

-Some same things and graphic that Dirt 4. (copy/paste code in my book)

-French co-pilot voice and tones is a joke to make the gamer use the english co-pilot. And I don't think in English.

-Ridiculous time of the IA.

-Graphics problems such as too dark in some area even at daylight.

-Some same things and graphic that Dirt 4. (copy/paste code in my book)

-French co-pilot voice and tones is a joke to make the gamer use the english co-pilot. And I don't think in English.

Most of that has nothing to do with the game engine efficiency but we appreciate your input.

Most of that has nothing to do with the game engine efficiency but we appreciate your input.

I did notice the game graphics looked blurry and faded out. I then updated the Nvidia driver and the graphics are really nice and fast. Nvidia released drivers almost specifically for this game.

Back