DiRT 3 Gameplay Performance Review @ [H]

I have it downloading now.. Pretty excited to see how its going to fair with my 6850.. Dirt 2 was great with basically everything maxed so I am hoping to maintain that.

Awesome. Do you guys think the 360 controller is good for this game?

I ahve honestly never played a 360.. But I am using this. Which I bought for Dirt 2 & loving it..

As for my 6850 performance.. With everything high the test benchmark had my minimum FPS at 59.71 & my average in the 70's.. So this is surprisingly well considering the prettiness.

IMO the 360 controller is the only good pc game controller. Plus most game are pre mapped for it.

Hey guys, not sure if this is common knowledge and it's sort of OT, but if it isn't the Mods/Admins/Kyle can spread the word.

I just registered my XFX 6870 that ISN'T part of the Dirt3 promotion, and they gave me the game code for activation on Steam. So maybe the other manufacturers are doing the same thing. So if you have a card that you bought recently and haven't registered it yet, or checked your card support account you may have a game key just sitting there. I assume you need the equivalent of the models they offer the game with currently so any 6xxx may work, but who knows.

Was literally going to buy this game in the next 10 minutes and just so happened to register my card.

Hey guys, not sure if this is common knowledge and it's sort of OT, but if it isn't the Mods/Admins/Kyle can spread the word.

I just registered my XFX 6870 that ISN'T part of the Dirt3 promotion, and they gave me the game code for activation on Steam. So maybe the other manufacturers are doing the same thing. So if you have a card that you bought recently and haven't registered it yet, or checked your card support account you may have a game key just sitting there. I assume you need the equivalent of the models they offer the game with currently so any 6xxx may work, but who knows.

Was literally going to buy this game in the next 10 minutes and just so happened to register my card.

yeah XFX has it with all their 6800 and up series cards. (check newegg) i'm not sure if they are giving it to people that already registered their cards before the promotion though.

I bought mine locally last month before they even hinted at the promotion. XFX has a page that says if you buy one of the cards included in June you get the game.

So I guess this is a heads up to people that don't shop at newegg and the store doesn't alert you that registering your card will get you free games.

As for Performance in the game I run it at 1600x1200 4XAA, 16XAF, Ultra and get 65Avg, 55Min. Setting the AO and Shadows to High from ultra yields an additional 30 fps average and 20 minimum.

Using 360 Wireless controller with PS3 thumbsticks caps via 360 wireless receiver. Works like a charm.

Back