DirectX End-User Runtimes (Offline Installer)

Games don't necessarily install the DirectX needed when they are installed. Even if the game does install it it doesn't mean it was successful or correct. It also doesn't mean the install didn't get corrupted somehow. I've had people download and install the DirectX runtimes before to fix issues they had.

OK so getting back on the subject what is this and does anyone need to use or install this DX end user runtimes ?

umm: "This is a standalone installer, many older games can require it. If you get say d3dx9_39.dll not found" or "dsetup.dll error", or "d3dx9_43.dll missing, this can solve your issues."

I just run the DX Web installer after doing a fresh OS install to get DX9 up to date. Just pulls down what's missing.

100+Mb driver installs = drivers including the entire dot.net just because the developer was lazy and chose to use that.

Every gaming machine I build I install this on a fresh Windows 10. That way the end user doesn't have to worry about it. If I don't and they have issues with older games, I will never hear the end of it. :ROFLMAO:

You should install the following packages on just about every Windows OS machine that is meant for general use, gaming, office, HTPC, etc:
- DirectX Offline Installer
- AIO C++ Redist Runtimes - https://github.com/abbodi1406/vcredist/releases
- NET Framework 4.X (or 3.5 + 4.X + 5.X)

You should also check MSMG Toolkit on MyDigitalLife forums if you want to debloat your Windows OS install images before installing the OS without losing ability to update the OS.

Back