DirectX 7 on AMD Navi (Kega Fusion), Need Help.

cybereality

[H]F Junkie
I'm trying to get a Genesis emulator working on my AMD Navi box. The emulator is Kega Fusion and looks like it uses DirectX 7. However, it only displays a blank screen. On my Nvidia 2080 Ti (separate machine) it works perfect no problem.

I think I have narrowed it down to DirectX 7. I tried another DX7 demo, XLR8R, and it did not work either on AMD Radeon (but works on Nvidia). Both machines are running fully updated Windows 10, and I have tried installing old DX runtimes but nothing works.

Does anyone have an idea on how to get Kega Fusion and/or DX7 to work with AMD?

You might have success doing that within a virtual machine. I know it's going to be 2 layer emulation..... But it won't take long to try

Might want to try it on a card that isn't a few weeks out, they'll have more important bug fixes to do right now. Cool use case though!

Yeah, I guess it is possibly a driver bug and I doubt anyone else really cares about DirectX 7 at this point.

For now I am just using another emulator that does work, but I liked Kega Fusion better.

Geez haven't heard about Kega in years. I don't think its being developed anymore, better switch to something else.

Geez haven't heard about Kega in years. I don't think its being developed anymore, better switch to something else.
It's not that Kega was ever a bad emulator because I've used it extensively myself. The bigger problem is that the people who start projects like this rarely open-source it for the community when they go dormant and stop caring themselves.

Back