Directron NEC 90gx2 (glossy) - $169 AR

have you ever actually seen a 19" widescreen monitor

they look really small in person

also the 90gx2 glossy screen = sex

i had the one you posted at the top of my list until i saw it and the gx2 in the store

I already have a 19" LCD. And no, I wouldn't get a 19" widescreen if I wanted widescreen. Probably 22" at least.

The Samsung is supposedly 500:1 though. I don't know if I'd want glossy, either.

i fell in love with the gloss the first time i saw it... the colors and contrast are awsome

plus i play mostly in the evening with an indirect light that's above and behind the panel

I bought the 90gx2 right after Christmas and I'm pretty happy with it. One of the best overall flat panels for image quality I've seen. The thing is VERY bright. You'll need shades at the default brightness level. I set the brightness on mine to 65% and it's still plenty bright.

Good luck getting the rebate though. I file a lot of rebates and am very careful to do everything properly. It took over 3 months for their rebate site to even acknowledge they received my rebate form, and then the site finally said, "You'll get a postcard soon with our response." I'm guessing there will be no check attached to the response when I eventually get it.... if they sent it. :mad:

that is bullshit man ... why the hell is ok for them to scam like that?

that is bullshit man ... why the hell is ok for them to scam like that?

I have no idea why it's ok, but you're right, there seems to be very little for these sleazy rebate fullfillment companies to fear.

I don't give up easily though, one way or another I will get my money back. :)

OMFG ITS AN ASIAN CLONE OF VIN DIESEL!!

32959845zj8.jpg

The GX2 is one of ,if not the best 19" on the planet.At that price it's one hell of a steal.

Finally got the rebate on this yesterday. I thought I would update this since I was complaining about not getting it. The terms did say 8 weeks though and it took more like 16 weeks (bought from Newegg last year).

Very nice monitor.

Directron seems to be down right now so I can't tell if this deal is still live or not.

EDIT: Yep, still good.

$50 End-User Mail-In Rebate: NEC is now presenting a mail-in rebate for 90GX2-BK LCD monitor. Promotion begins 04/01/07 and ends on 04/28/07.

Back