Director Tim Miller, Ryan Reynolds Part Company On “Deadpool 2”

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Tim Miller seems like a pretty talented guy, considering Deadpool was his first major movie, which not only got positive reviews but ended up being the highest-grossing R-rated feature ever. Too bad he won’t be coming back for the sequel since he and Deadpool himself aren’t seeing eye to eye. But while they are citing creative differences, I get the sense there is a monetary struggle somewhere.

After a series of creative differences between Deadpool director Tim Miller and star Ryan Reynolds, Miller has exited Deadpool 2. He hadn’t formally signed a deal to continue, but he was developing the script and by all accounts had planned to return behind the camera for a film Fox will release in 2018. I’ve confirmed from studio insiders this exit was over mutual creative differences, but this all ended amicably and the studio is very high on Miller and the expectation is the filmmaker will jump right into another big Fox project: Influx, an adaptation of the Daniel Suarez novel that has a Mark Bomback script and is expected to launch a film trilogy.

Could be that he just really really wanted to recreate this one Deadpool scene that he saw in another adaption where Deadpool was almost naked, had his mouth sewed shut and had blades grafted to his arms but just got upset when for some reason everyone made him remove it from the script. ;)

I have a feeling Miller wanted something that Reynolds didn't agree with or Reynolds really just wants something done his way. Honestly I think Reynolds has earned that right. He paid for a lot out of his own pocket in order to make sure Deadpool was a success. So even with Miller exiting I fully expect Deadpool 2 to be another fun flick starring the Merc with a Mouth.

I believe that Ryan wants a true and legit DP movie. He was a DP fan before he was forced to be that Baraka monstrosity. Any attempt by anyone to fuck that up won't be taken lightly. I think he also knows that there is nobody else that could play that roll properly, except maybe that one comedian.

Also, have the raspberry cider shits from drinking two growlers of it from Country Boy Brewing. I'm also wearing a DP tee.
I thinking that DP would approve.

Attachments

• 20161022_203155.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 88
I say bring in James Gunn, I think he'd be a good fit for the project and he's just finishing up Guardians 2.

I believe that Ryan wants a true and legit DP movie. He was a DP fan before he was forced to be that Baraka monstrosity. Any attempt by anyone to fuck that up won't be taken lightly. I think he also knows that there is nobody else that could play that roll properly, except maybe that one comedian.

Also, have the raspberry cider shits from drinking two growlers of it from Country Boy Brewing. I'm also wearing a DP tee.
I thinking that DP would approve.

agree, Reynolds worked his ass off to get the movie he wanted for deadpool and deserves to have the final say in where the movie goes. i also agree with the current set of well known actors theres no one else that could play deadpool like Reynolds. but ultimately i agree that it probably has something to do with money.. Fox better not screw this movie over and cut the budget mid production.

I say bring in James Gunn, I think he'd be a good fit for the project and he's just finishing up Guardians 2.

yeah that would be a damn good mix. Guardians of the Galaxy is friggin hilarious and definitely fits the humor style of Deadpool. but doubt it would happen since GotG is made by disney i can't see them allowing him to go over to a fox production.

Last edited:
Reynolds is Deadpool at this point. So I'd lean towards his judgement at this point.

I have seen it from several rumor sites that the issue wasn't anything to do with money. Miller was pushing for a more serious movie with less of what makes Deadpool who he is and also on his choices to who was to play Cable and Domino. Reynolds was just sticking to his guns and wanted the movie and characters to be as true to canon as possible.

if what you guys are saying is true and that Ryan wanted DP to be DP and thats the reason for the disagreement. Then i can stand behind that 100%. If true.. then Ryan gets more respect from me then he already earned as a great comedian and actor over the years.

So many "big money execs" fuck up franchises because of this very reason.. they go away from what made i great in the first place. They go away from what aint broke. Just think of all the sequels that have failed and why they suck so badly. Its because they dont give us more of what we liked in the first place.

Teh same can be said for video games. Those awesome games that change to much in the sequels, either gradually over many releases or instantly in the next sequal. The result is the same... it sucks because its not what it was and there for people odnt like it any more (even if many would actually not have the intellectual honesty to see it).

I havent seen deadpool yet. May watch it soon! :)

They didn't want the same thing in this project. It says that they are still working together on another project so seems pretty amicable so doesn't seem like a big deal.

I enjoyed the trailers for the movie a lot more then the actual movie. I didn't think it was all that great. Take out the one liners and there wasn't much of a movie.

Garenteed this was because they were leaning toward making it PG-13. Despite all the buckets of cash this movie made, producers are still scayud ob gwonup moobies

They had a disagreement regarding casting decisions and the visual direction of the film.

Back