Direct2Drive Cyber Monday Special - Mass Effect $5!

Only BDtS is free, the newer one isn't free. Why wouldn't you pick up the free DLC though?

And yeah, freaking awesome game. I bought it when it came out for $50 and don't regret it... well... I guess I wouldn't have minded saving $45 and waiting a year, but I'm doing that with other games these days.

i just ordered the sequel Mass Effect 2 Collectors edition for $44.99 from EA Store.com

I thought it was really underwhelming :/ (the deal, I mean, after they hyped it a bit).

This is a great deal, PC gaming has never been cheaper than as of late. Even though i have mass effect (got mine off craigs list for 10$ a few months ago)

With Steam doing their weekend deals , GoG.com, and D2D's 5 year anniversary sale i have gotten more good , recent games for cheap lately than ever before.

hopefully this trend continues.

I think the OP meant don't download the second/final DLC, Pinnacle Station, which is almost universally considered awful and costs money.

The first DLC, Bring Down the Sky, was free and quite good I thought.

I tried to order it and it is giving me an error! Anybody else have a hard time or am I just slow?

Amazingly great game if you asked me. Best voice acting evar in a PC game.

With regards to the DLC the original DLC, Bring Down the Sky, which is free with the PC version as best as I know, is well worth it. Adds a new place to go to with an involved side mission, new plot and so on. Very well worth getting and playing. The new one, Pinnacle Station is lame. All you do are run the same "simulator" missions over and over which are just rehashed locations from the main game. The missions are just "shoot lots of baddies." Not at all worth the money :p.

I bit on this. D2D's site nows says that they're trying to restock CD keys. Shame, I was hoping to get some playing in tonight.

I bit on this. D2D's site nows says that they're trying to restock CD keys. Shame, I was hoping to get some playing in tonight.

same here, but any decent game for $5 is a steal IMO

i wonder what shortly means....as in tomorrow maybe when the distributor is open that they get the cdkeys from?

Last edited:
Have it and entirely completed it on the 360 but I may pick this up so I have save for Mass Effect 2...

When I got ME from Steam, I managed to get BDTS expansion sorta free. There was a crazy Wendy's promo that got you $5 credit at the EA Store. I used it for BDTS, and scored all of the DLC for free. :)

this was for $10 on steam not too long ago I think. $5 is a great price.

pretty suckie deals. Already had it for steam as well. These guys need to co-ordinate the sales better since they are direct competitors. Why wait a million years after steam had it on sale and vice versa?

Bioware is not accepting my CD key. I'll try again later today to see if it goes through. I'm getting error 102.

I know the game is awesome, but so far its been a buggy mess on Clean install of Windows 7.

I can't even get the Bring down the sky DLC installed correctly. It fails on instalation.

Not really happy since this is a retail product.

Not to mention Mass Effect wouldn't even run on my quadcore until it was patched to 1.01.

Anyhow its $5 so isn't terrible, but be forewarned, you will most likely run into bugs, and if anyone has a fix for the Bring down the Sky DLC, let me know, its a common issue, but thus far haven't been able to solve it, theres like a million of fixes.

This game really does seem to be "DRM" Nightmare. comon developers, I keep buying your games! Why must I suffer :*(

Yeah, Win 7 64 but quad core here too. Problems with config utility until I patched. I guess that was a common problem.

Do you have to register in order to get the DLC? Bioware's site isn't taking my CD key.

Yeah, Win 7 64 but quad core here too. Problems with config utility until I patched. I guess that was a common problem.

Do you have to register in order to get the DLC? Bioware's site isn't taking my CD key.

Yes you do, but your battles aren't over after you get your key, I got my key fine, but can't get it installed no matter what! Even tried 1.02, I can't wait to play the game, looks awesome, at 2560x1600, but I am wary of seeing so many bug reports.

Update:

After hours of fiddling :(, I found a solution at least for myself.

Patch to 1.2

Download the Bring down the Sky DLC, from Direct2Drive, themselves, I used Comrade's version. Not sure if its the same one or not, but the one from Bioware's site wouldn't work for me. Whereas this one did.

Make sure you Run as Administrator, then it should work. Let me know if this fixes you guys problems as well. So we can confirm its a fix not a fluke heh!

Last edited:
Atleast you guys got yours working. I can't even buy it because they say my cc address and internet service don't have the same address?! I might even miss out if this isn't resolved in a quick fashion. Wish me luck and have a good time with the game!

Bioware is not accepting my CD key. I'll try again later today to see if it goes through. I'm getting error 102.

I was getting this same error code and after wasting my precious time searching around for an answer, I got pissed off and spammed the register button and the fucker finally went through.

Going through the site for the DLC worked today. Maybe their registering database didn't have the new CD keys updated yesterday. I did use patch 1.02 before doing anything.

Back