Direct2Drive 30 Days of Deals (updated daily)

I just got to level 6 on Torchlight, maybe the 5th floor of the dungeon or so... but OH GOD, is this whole game going to be this same thing?? Talk about mind numbing...

I just got to level 6 on Torchlight, maybe the 5th floor of the dungeon or so... but OH GOD, is this whole game going to be this same thing?? Talk about mind numbing...

pretty much I gave up after level 10 same thing over and over and over :(

pretty much I gave up after level 10 same thing over and over and over :(

yeah that's really a SHAME this game got so much good feedback... how could nobody even mention it is the same damn thing over and over and over

yeah that's really a SHAME this game got so much good feedback... how could nobody even mention it is the same damn thing over and over and over

It is a good game and at the 3.75 pp it's an absolute steal. I pre-ordered back in the day and it's basically diablo for 1/3rd the cost. I just wish it would have included co-op multiplayer.

So did you complainers stop playing Diablo 2 half way through Act 1 because it was also "the same thing over and over"?

i imagine steam dented their sales quite a bit by having Bioshock 2 on sale a couple days earlier.

i still play Black Ops multiplayer pretty regularly. it's a good deal at $45, if you like the COD formula.

I stopped buying the COD franchise. When they start making you pay up for the DLC...and they keep the game primarily at 59.95(on Steam)...it's just too much for my pocketbook.

I'll have to continue to shop the sales and cheapy bins...

LC

Black Ops is a good game if you enjoy COD. The game is fluid, snappy and feels right.

The downer is how Bliztard is whoring out the game by keeping their recent COD titles at $60 FOREVER and pumping out DLCs like crazy, creating a $100 game.

Lock out the modding community, charge up the ass and have user pay for DLC updates. Fuckin awesome!

I just play Nuke maps anyway like some n00b. So I could care less about these DLC updates.

FYI I think the next COD game will be released fall 2011.

Last edited:
AVP kicks ass! Online community is still alive and well.

Game is a different feel from the current spam of FPS games.

So I want to get AVP but add it to my Steam program....it seems that I should be able to use the product code from D2D right?

AVP kicks ass! Online community is still alive and well.

Game is a different feel from the current spam of FPS games.

i thought AVP was horrible, just my opinion

And I was pretty 'meh' about the game.

The Predator and Alien campaigns offer some different mechanics than your typical FPS, but they're so goddamn short. I imagine if Valve, for example, designed a game around one of those ability sets, we'd see something to exploit the uniqueness. Instead, it kinda felt wasted to me. And the Marine campaign just didn't work for me. Standard shooter minus the ability to crouch (the fuck?) with a horror slant.

Worth launch price? No way. Worth $5? Sure, just don't expect a masterpiece.

So I want to get AVP but add it to my Steam program....it seems that I should be able to use the product code from D2D right?

yeah, as soon as you checkout it gives you a serial key and you can activate it on steam. about 30 seconds after clicking the 'checkout' button on D2D, i was downloading the game in my steam games list.

I just stumbled across a Utube video for the Bond game Bloodstone - I hadn't realized it was a 3'rd person game.

What I saw of Bloodstone looked like a more enjoyable version of how Alpha Protocol should have played. There was an amazing car sequence as well. Since I love 3'rd person games, I'm now hoping that Bloodstone goes on sale. For some reason I thought Bloodstone was a first person game - like Quantum of Solace.

Also, Bulletstorm, please.

I just stumbled across a Utube video for the Bond game Bloodstone - I hadn't realized it was a 3'rd person game.

What I saw of Bloodstone looked like a more enjoyable version of how Alpha Protocol should have played. There was an amazing car sequence as well. Since I love 3'rd person games, I'm now hoping that Bloodstone goes on sale. For some reason I thought Bloodstone was a first person game - like Quantum of Solace.

Also, Bulletstorm, please.

Bloodstone was interesting, especially as it was Bizzare's last game. It had problems (level design could be shotty, driving was surprisingly not great) but the set piece action moments aren't bad and the game was fun. It was infinitely better than the QoS game.

I bought Quantum of Solace for ten dollars, and just gave up on it. It was not good. I hope Bloodstone does go on sale. I've discovered the hard way that you shouldn't hope for titles during the sales, but rather just take what you're given.

For example, I bought Black Ops for $35 with a stacked coupon during this sale. As soon as I hit the purchase button, I thought, why did I do that, I don't even like the Call of Duty games. But you know what, I'm playing through the single player of Black Ops right now and am enjoying myself immensely. Maybe it was because I had such little expectations. I have no idea. But it's just... fun.

Magicka should be the next sale for $4.95 or less. I can't verify as D2D is now blocked at work. I'll update this evening (if I'm not playing Portal 2). Someone else can verify if they'd like when D2D updates their site. As of 1:15PM it's still showing yesterday's deal.

Also, looks like we'll get Bulletstorm in a few days on sale... (using the link someone gave to another forum on page 2 or 3 of this thread for these guesses).

(using the link someone gave to another forum on page 2 or 3 of this thread for these guesses).

i suppose i can stop paying attention to this sale, i'm not interested in any of the remaining games.

I haven't bought one single game during this "Sale." Almost every game has been lackluster as far as price goes or alraedy on sale cheaper via steam or such, very disappointing sale so far.

I'll keep updating for this month (I've come this far!) but I'd check out this site:
http://shockedfish.com/

An aggregate that pulls sales from various digital distribution places. Might be worth checking out.

Back