Direct2Drive 30 Days of Deals (updated daily)

Note how I never said what you put in quotes. Also, don't put things in quotes that people didn't say (or at least say, "you effectively said...").

The swamp parts in some of Chapter 2 and 3 is tedious, though, no getting around that.

No, what you said was much worse. I was paraphrasing you.

Is it the most exciting combat? No, but it works and if you guys want games that have good stories and characters instead of every shitty Call of Duty, mindless, on-rails crapware, then stop sucking your own thumbs and play the game for the full game experience.

If you guys can't handle the combat in this game you should honestly just give up on gaming altogether.

Those are things YOU said. Do you still stand by them? They are pretty ridiculous statements. We are all entitled to our opinions, including those of us who don't find certain games compelling, interesting, and worth our time.

Back on topic, I don't think I'll be buying Max Payne, I have a big backlog of games.

Last edited:
Damn. I want to get GTA, but I don't want to download 13.8 GB on my crappy connection. I would like to try out the PC version for all the crazy mods and stuff.

Wtf? The sale banner lists GTA IV complete (containing episodes from liberty city) but when you click on it, it seems like it's just vanilla GTA IV? Which is it?

Got a copy of GTA IV Complete Edition for $8. Use code SHOWERS to take an additional $2 (from Slickdeals.net).

Just got an email hinting at some of the titles that will be going on sale, Bulletstorm, Mass Effect 2, Dead Space 2, Rift, Sims 3 and Civ IV or V (picture and link to V, but says IV).

Mass Effect 2 worth it if you never played Mass Effect?
I am not a fan of RPGs and never played Mass Effect, but I thought Mass Effect 2 was awesome. I played it fairly linearly and it played a lot like a standard FPS. There were some re-occurring characters from the first game that I didn't know the backstory to, but all in all I didn't feel lost at all. Its a very fun and enjoyable game.

picked up Mass Effect 2 for $8 using 'Showers' promo code, can't beat that.

Thanks OP, picked up GTA 4. This and nfs:hp will keep me busy until darkspore releases. Taking a break from BC2 to try out some different games.

Use coupon code "showers" for an extra 20% off.

Picked up mass effect 2 for $7, should I play the first before the second one?

Last edited:
Picked up mass effect 2 for $7, should I play the first before the second one?

Not unless you want to be disappointed with your purchase of ME2 imo. But then again, it would probably be good just to get the stoyline.

Both games had there strong and weak points, though ME2 was more universally praised than the first. I'd play the first just to get all of the story references and choice connections; it's definitely worth the extra time.

Sim City 4 Deluxe for $4? Holy crap. It was worth the $40 I paid back when it first game out.

World of Goo is an awesome indie game. My fiancee and i were obsessed with it on the Wii.

World of Goo is not a sale :( When i first bought it off steam, that was always the price.

That seems quite overpriced TBH.

ME1 is better than most of the crap developer's have tried to pan for $60 since it came out and still is better than most of the crap that is coming out currently. If you rush through the game with no side missions you're looking at about 14-16 hours gameplay. If you do the side missions and explore you're looking at around 30 hours. Great game + 14-30 hours gameplay for $12 is not overpriced in the least. Just because ME2 was cheaper for a moment doesn't make it a bad deal at all. Especially if you're like me and many others who preferred ME1 to 2 anyways.

Passed on the original Dirt, but Dirt 2 at $4.95 I figured what the heck LOL. Wasn't paying the original 20 bucks, but at this price how does one loose LOL

I bought Torchlight at $20 back when it first came out. I couldn't finish it, though - too boring. But for <$4 it would be something to kill the time at the very least.

Back