Direct2Drive 30 Days of Deals (updated daily)

csmith811

Limp Gawd
NOTE: Links to upcoming sales are just to the product page. It won't show that price until the day listed at around 1:00PM EST. Upcoming sale prices are also estimates; the actuall price has actually been lower the past few days.

Upcoming Sales
April 30: Two World II - $24.45 (normally $49.95)

Current Sale
April 29: Rift - $29.95 (normally $49.95)

Past Sales
April 28: Napoleon: Total War - $12.49 (normally $49.95)
April 27: Test Drive Unlimited 2 - $9.95 (normally $39.95)
April 26: DC Universe Online - $24.98 (normally $49.95)
April 25: Amnesia: The Dark Descent - $4.95 (normally $19.95)
April 24: Bulletstorm - $29.95 (normally $59.95)
April 23: Battlefield: Bad Company 2: Vietnam - $7.45 (normally $14.95)
April 22: Civilization V - $29.97 (normally $49.95)
April 21: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic - $7.46 (normally $9.95)
April 20: Empire: Total War - $7.49 (normally $29.95)
April 19: Magicka - $4.95 (normally $9.95)
April 18: The Sims 3 - $19.98 (normally $39.95)
April 17: Dead Space 2 - $29.95 (normally $39.95)
April 16: Aliens vs. Predator - $4.95 (normally $19.95)
April 15: Call of Duty: Black Ops - $44.95 (normally $59.95)
April 14: BioShock 2 - $4.95 (normally $19.95)
April 13: Torchlight - $3.75 (normally $14.95)
April 12: DiRT 2 - $4.95 (normally $19.95)
April 11: World of Goo - $4.99 (normally $19.95)
April 10: SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition - $4.95 (normally $19.95)
April 9: Mass Effect 2 - $9.95 (normally $19.95)
April 8: Grand Theft Auto IV - $4.95 (normally $19.95)
April 7: Max Payne Collection (included Max Payne 1 & 2) - $3.75 (normally $14.95)
April 6: The Witcher - Enhanced Edition Director's Cut - $4.95 (normally $19.95)
April 5: Tropico 3 - $3.75 (normally $14.95)

I'll update this as close to 1:00PM EST as I can. Created this thread to help reduce the number of new threads that will pop up throughout the month.

Last edited:
Great damn price there.. I played the demo for Tropico 3 (I recommend you try before you pay as it shows the whole game pretty much)

I easily played for 2+ hours so that makes it worth more than $10 if you ask me. If you enjoy simcity a lot, or just enjoy being a dictator like person and running your own country while setting YOUR OWN LAWS than this game is, for sure, a little fun if not A LOT of fun.

(Regarding CD key in Steam) No you can't.

Depends on the game that will pop up in this sale. If Homefront, MW2, BOps, AVP, Metro 2033 or certain other Steamworks games pop up during the D2D sale you can use the CD key in Steam. Also some DLC like BFBC2: Vietnam are entered in game, so if you already bought the game in Steam you can add that DLC to your EA account and it will be added in-game. Tropico 3 is NOT a Steamworks game so no, but who knows what the sale will include.

It updated... The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director's Cut today for $5 (75% off)

Just sent to a friend who was waiting on a deal on The Witcher. Excellent game. Looking forward to the sequel.

OMFG I am so goddamn sick of the witcher going on sale. It's on sale on steam bi-fucking weekly.

The Witcher for $5? Should be a crime to price that gem so low. That said, now that it is $5, it's criminal not to buy it if you haven't played already. I don't think I'd even played an RPG before I tried it, either.

I must be the only person who hated the Witcher. The comabt was mind numbing and I just couldn't handle it.

Hrm, I've been out of the loop with PC gaming for so long and these deals are pretty good, I might have to waste some money :D

+1. One of the worst 10 games I've ever played.

Glad it's not just me. I wouldn't say it is one of the 10 worst games ever, but the combat was so bad that I just couldn't slug through the story. I don't see why it gets all the praise it does.

Yea, I'm with you guys on this one. I bought The Witcher on Steam a couple weeks ago for $5...

The combat mechanics are unbelievably bad. I sat there thinking it's impossible for a human being to actually play through the entire game with combat like that.

Yea, I'm with you guys on this one. I bought The Witcher on Steam a couple weeks ago for $5...

The combat mechanics are unbelievably bad. I sat there thinking it's impossible for a human being to actually play through the entire game with combat like that.
Hardcore traditional RPG'ers are oblivious to anyone else tastes.

If you guys can't handle the combat in this game you should honestly just give up on gaming altogether.

You click the mouse. Then - wait for it - you click the mouse again, when the mouse cursor turns into a flaming icon. Do this three times in a row to string together a full combo. Apply with correct sword stance and spells to cut through enemies. How the hell can anyone find that hard? I had zero RPG experience and it was not hard. At all.

Is it the most exciting combat? No, but it works and if you guys want games that have good stories and characters instead of every shitty Call of Duty, mindless, on-rails crapware, then stop sucking your own thumbs and play the game for the full game experience.

If you guys can't handle the combat in this game you should honestly just give up on gaming altogether.

You click the mouse. Then - wait for it - you click the mouse again, when the mouse cursor turns into a flaming icon. Do this three times in a row to string together a full combo. Apply with correct sword stance and spells to cut through enemies. How the hell can anyone find that hard? I had zero RPG experience and it was not hard. At all.

Is it the most exciting combat? No, but it works and if you guys want games that have good stories and characters instead of every shitty Call of Duty, mindless, on-rails crapware, then stop sucking your own thumbs and play the game for the full game experience.

No one is saying it is hard. In fact, that is the problem--it is boring as all fuck. I've tried playing it from the beginning about three different times, and the farthest I ever got was the swamp before I realized how much I hated it. If there was the slightest bit of challenge or improvisation to the combat, I bet I would have finished it. Maybe I didn't get into the story enough to want to slog through it.

I didn't know my options were some boring ass play style or "mindless crapware." Guess I hallucinated playing Diablo, Elder Scrolls, Mass Effect, Kotor, Dragon Age, NWN, Fallout...

Dude, its like a using a four letter word to speak ill of KOTOR.

I haven't played Witcher, but it's not like combat in KOTOR was all that intense, at least for me. Once I got Force Leap and dual lightsabers, I just bounced from insta-kill to insta-kill like some kind of Grim Froggy Reaper. And that was with the Increased Difficulty Mod installed.

Of course, it was a lot of fun. Don't get me wrong :)

Almost bought the Witcher this morning but held off, with 30 days of deals and the snail pace that I pick up new games there's bound to be a few I'm more interested in within the next 28.

Almost bought the Witcher this morning but held off, with 30 days of deals and the snail pace that I pick up new games there's bound to be a few I'm more interested in within the next 28.
Just a note: the deals actually started on April 1 (if I recall correctly). So, you really only have 23 days of sales after today but your reasoning is still valid. :)

They didn't say it was hard- they said it was stupid; and I agree. After having played through Dragon Age: Origions and DA2 maybe I'm spoiled by a good combat system, but that one was just lame. You forgot about how there is a crosshair in the middle of the screen that you have to "aim at" your enemy to attack him, forcing you into that camera angle. Click... click... click.... click. Victory! Just make sure you hold still while attacking.

And that's a logical fallacy to say "if you don't like Witcher, then go play call of duty". Oh please, that's not even a valid argument. I am only 1 hour into Witcher, but it's hard for me to imagine myself picking it up again after my first experience. And the story and the animations are nothing to write home about. I probably will play a little longer since it has such high praise.

Last edited:
Bump for new deal today on Max Payne 1 & 2. I have never finished the first one... it may be time to do it!

the witcher was 10gb haha :D

Feel sorry for those with data caps this month :)

Max Payne......... Hmmmmmmm....... Not really feeling it.

Max Payne, love the games but that's one of the few I actually own!

Hmm, tempted never finished and lost the old CD's...

Along with Max Payne 3, they should redo 1 & 2 with HD models & textures!

They didn't say it was hard- they said it was stupid; and I agree. After having played through Dragon Age: Origions and DA2 maybe I'm spoiled by a good combat system, but that one was just lame. You forgot about how there is a crosshair in the middle of the screen that you have to "aim at" your enemy to attack him, forcing you into that camera angle. Click... click... click.... click. Victory! Just make sure you hold still while attacking.

And that's a logical fallacy to say "if you don't like Witcher, then go play call of duty". Oh please, that's not even a valid argument. I am only 1 hour into Witcher, but it's hard for me to imagine myself picking it up again after my first experience. And the story and the animations are nothing to write home about. I probably will play a little longer since it has such high praise.

Note how I never said what you put in quotes. Also, don't put things in quotes that people didn't say (or at least say, "you effectively said...").

The combat isn't great, but what I am saying is that if you dismiss something cart blanche because of combat, you reward those devs who moronize games to the point where the only "cool" thing is the combat interaction.

I can't fathom how one can find the combat so bad that they won't experience the rest of the game game. There's so much more to games than just "when I click something awesome must happen NOW!". The Witcher does choice and morality better than any other RPG, including anything Bioware's ever done, period. It's also a really well-designed world with a lot of nuance (Segregation, racism, ostracization) instead of the usual heap of generic fantasy crap (oh look, elves and dwarves with no meaningful differences other than their appearance!).

The swamp parts in some of Chapter 2 and 3 is tedious, though, no getting around that.

I can't fathom how one can find the combat so bad that they won't experience the rest of the game game.

Why? The controls and the combat are the primary interaction the player has with the game. It is what makes it a game and not a movie. I have plenty of books I can passively read that have far better stories in them than the Witcher does, so the only leg up the Witcher has is getting me to control and be immesered in the world. To me, it failed that, so I had no reason to keep going.

I'm not sure I like this idea that I have to play a bad game because it has a good story. I wouldn't read a bad book if it had a dpad on it to move from line to line, so why should I play a game that has a story to get through by struggling with the boring game parts?

Why? The controls and the combat are the primary interaction the player has with the game. It is what makes it a game and not a movie. I have plenty of books I can passively read that have far better stories in them than the Witcher does, so the only leg up the Witcher has is getting me to control and be immesered in the world. To me, it failed that, so I had no reason to keep going.

+1.

And $3.75 for both Max Paynes? These damn game deals are just too cheap to pass up, even if I barely play them. I think the HDD companies are behind all of this, giving us reasons for more storage! (Not that most of you need another excuse :p )

it is boring as all fuck

[...]

Guess I hallucinated playing Diablo

You find The Witcher's combat boring, but list Diablo first as an example of good combat? I could never finish that hack and slash clickfest.

You find The Witcher's combat boring, but list Diablo first as an example of good combat? I could never finish that hack and slash clickfest.

It was an example of a game progressing through a good story with enjoyable combat. The order was me just stream of consciousness trying to remember other RPGs with enjoyable combat.

They are very different games, but fundamentally they are both click fests for comabt. The difference is Diablo had variety, skills, etc. The Witcher's aim on enemy, click, wait 2 seconds, click, wait 2 seconds, click, was way more boing than Diablo's click and skill spamming.

GD I totally would have bought Tropico 3 yesterday if I would have seen this earlier!

Back