DIR-625 Bandwidth monitor

ep3w

Gawd
I have the D-Link dir-625 router. I am running my PC off LAN and a couple laptops on wireless. Is there any way to monitor/record my montly bandwidth usage in GBs for the entire network? I use comcast who has a 250GB limit, I have never had a problem with this, but just curious how much I am using. Thanks.

Well, I doubt it supports SNMP so there aren't any really good ways. I know that there are some Apps around that can do it on each computer, but ive never had luck with them.

i'm fairly sure comcast has some sort of method in place to let you monitor it without going over don't they?

Or buy a router than supports DD-WRT.

Other than that, put a computer between the router and the modem and have it just bridge the connections, then use an app on it to monitor it, or use something like untangle, endian, pfsense etc.

I haven't seen anything from Comcast letting me know how much I use. If it can't be done with the router, and its not worth the trouble for me leaving another PC running all the time to check it, can anyone recommend any simple programs to use on each computer? There is just 2 that get used the most so I would just be curious to see what it is like on those 2.

Netmeter works like a champ. Also tracks month to date usage, uploads and downloads and can give monthly projected useage. Very handy little app.

http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/NetMeter-Download-23932.html

That looks perfect so far thanks! I am a networking noob so I got a couple basic questions. The default value it uses for monitoring download/upload rates is KiB/s. I am used to seeing firefox, steam etc, use KB/s or kB/s. Is this KiB the same I am used to seeing in firefox or do i need to change the unit to 1kB=1000 byte instead. Also which one do I want to be using for the totals to compare to Comcasts 250GB limit?

Back