Digital Laser Infrared Temperature Gun - $14 with code

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
I use these all the time and remember when these were over $100. At $14 it is a solid buy. Great for finding system hotspots, and just good for general use around the house as well.

Etekcity Lasergrip 1080 Digital Laser Infrared Temperature Gun ( -58~+1022°F) ($14)

Use code TEMPG4FF

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DMI632G

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Nice! Myself and two other coworkers grabbed them using the [H] referral link and coupon. :)

Thanks Kyle!

I use one in the kitchen. Steaks don't go on to the cast iron until I see an even 390 deg over the surface of the cast iron and the oil :)

These are a lifesaver if you have a glass-top stove because, well, they suck.

I have one of these. Bought as stocking stuffers for Christmas. You might wonder what you would do with them, but they are one of the most fun gadgets to have around the house. Can check for drafts, cold spots, hot spots, oven temps, all sorts of fun stuff.

I have one of these. Bought as stocking stuffers for Christmas. You might wonder what you would do with them, but they are one of the most fun gadgets to have around the house. Can check for drafts, cold spots, hot spots, oven temps, all sorts of fun stuff.

Have you tested the accuracy? I am somewhat scared away from the few inaccuracy claims.

Have you tested the accuracy? I am somewhat scared away from the few inaccuracy claims.

Well, my thought on it is this. If you need and ACCURATE temperature device, this is NOT the tool you want. Get you a good Fluke with the right thermisters for that.

That said, mine always seems to give good ballpark numbers. Keep in mind the further you are from the source, the larger the sample area.

I use one in the kitchen. Steaks don't go on to the cast iron until I see an even 390 deg over the surface of the cast iron and the oil :)

These are a lifesaver if you have a glass-top stove because, well, they suck.

390 is definitely a bit low, try 450-460, but I would avoid going over 500

15 minutes ago I had no idea this gadget existed. Sounds cool, looking forward to playing with it when it arrives sometime tomorrow afternoon. :D

These things are great, I've had one for 4-5 years now and use it to check temps on my car, in the kitchen, around the house. Not super accurate, but pretty darn good for the range it reads, within 5 degrees F most of the time. Which lets me know if I'm going to burn myself a little or a lot.

I often use it to make sure I'm at the right temp to start playing with some polycaprolactone:
http://www.amazon.com/InstaMorph-Moldable-Plastic-12-oz/dp/B003QKLJKQ/
Low temp (~150F) thermomoldable plastic, nylon family so it's pretty durable. Custom holder or stand for any gadget in 5 minutes among a million other uses.

$15 is not particularly good for this kind of IR temp gun.
$10 would be a good price.
Lowest I've seen is $7.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
We used ours for our RC cars to check motor and ESC temp,
snow-motor-esc-temps.jpg

Just grabbed one since I had to order a replacement D5 pump since the MCP-655 in my main rig just took a crap...She gave me ~4.7 years, which is a bit below the MTBF of 5 years...I ran it powered on 24/7 for 95% of it's life too...

I picked one up. They are great for measuring the relative temperature across the tread of your tires if you are tracking or autocrossing your car.

Picked one up, should be decently better than a thermometer for brewing beer

Got mine in. Actually nicer than the one I had.

Bonus! It's also a cat toy, and you can keep track and make sure they don't overheat during play!

390 is definitely a bit low, try 450-460, but I would avoid going over 500

I use Olive Oil so anything over 390 or so is pushing it.

I still get a very nice sear and Carmalization.

Also handy for checking A/C output at the ducts.

I LOVE Fluke stuff. I used equipment that costs heavens knows how many $10,000's of dollars in the Navy.

I still have my Fluke 77 DVM I bought when building Heathkits in the mid 80's. Damn, that thing is 30 years old now :)

Received mine yesterday. Checked on a few things like my head temp on my VW trike, hot oil in a pan, video card temps, and some other odds and ends.

Seems to work great.

Awesome buy for $14!

Back