Digital Artwerk - July Wallpaper/WinMod Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyperion

[H]ard|Gawd
Hear ye [H]ard|Members!

It would appear as if the "Monthly Wallpaper" idea has cought on. It's a new month and I
have some new tricks up my sleeve. Since it is winter here in the Southern Hemisphere
and I am freezing my fingers off, while some folk in Florida are having to halt their folding
due to overheating, I thought ... why don't we theme the "Monthly Wallpaper".

So those of you who feel up to it, use some seasonal theme in your wallpapers, you could
opt to go for a freezing white winter theme to cool the Northen heat, or a scorching
summer theme to heat us Lower-Earth victims up a wee bit. You could even work all four
seasons into the mix alla Antonio Vivaldi.

Participation is not mandatory to post, but all participants are entered into a "competition"
(my currency is worth peanuts, so sorry no prizes ... yet) however the winner will be
recognised in some meaningful way ... I'm thinking along the lines of a monthly
"[H]ard|Approved" desktop or some such.

Acceptable Use Policy (Please do not abuse this privelege.)
1. Post only images (or links to them) of wallpapers and/or shell enhancements.
2. Please minimise discussion about the wallpaper/mods, and strive for '1 post 1 pic'.

Have fun! ;)

Me Frist!

julybackpistola.jpg

:D

Edit: This is the background I made fitting this months theme.

hfbg02.jpg

:cool:

julydesktop.jpg

EDIT: Okay, here's my current desktop. I'd have removed that open shell session, but was too lazy. :)

UPDATED!!!! as well as the other one further down

7-18.JPG

Litestep - Simplicity
Winamp 5 - Splitfire - Minted Spring (Tho I usually use Foobar2k for music, except when gaming, I have weird lag with FB2k and gaming)
Rainmeter - A simple meter in top-left by me and Smoove (the clock top right)
Rainlendar - Rewind Green
Trillian Pro - Sapphire 3 Green (It's fricking hard finding good matching Trillian skins)
Background - distant ecosystems by netghost
PowerMenu for transparency on windows
Cursors (not pictured by the print screen) - Premium

Rainmeter/Rainlendar skins are at www.customize.org
Litestep skin is probably at www.litestep.onet
The rest at www.deviantart.com

Ok, done with this month customizing :D

So those of you who feel up to it, use some seasonal theme in your wallpapers, you could
opt to go for a freezing white winter theme to cool the Northen heat, or a scorching
summer theme to heat us Lower-Earth victims up a wee bit. You could even work all four
seasons into the mix alla Antonio Vivaldi.

I guess nobody is really doing this then except StarWarsHater?

Nohpys said:

Mine wasn't really seasonal, but I tried. I'll go dig around and see if I can't come up with something to use.

blackedge said:
Mine wasn't really seasonal, but I tried. I'll go dig around and see if I can't come up with something to use.

I have one thats about that... well its nature, i donno about the freezing or the scorching but it is definitely down to earth, litterally, I'll submit later cause I'm at work, 56K beware, my desktop is 3200x1200 I'll resize then link save people some trouble.

Damn, I'm at work, and extremely bored, gotta take a dump but can't seem to cause i'm workin it by myself today, my fren told me to make a wallpaper to keep my mind off the fact that i gotta shizzle really bad, it was going well til well... when i was done, this was my product.
:confused:

dizzump.jpg

been holding it for 5 Hours and going strong. :(

Nohpys said:

I tried, i have the summery lake with a hill.... thats warmish... right?

Other Computer (File Server/Video Encoder/Random) UPDATED

7-17.JPG

SharpE Desktop -> http://www.lowdimension.net/ Tho their site was recently hacked =/
plus a number of plugins from their site for the top bar (In left to right order, QuickNotes, Quick Launch (3 Menus), Hard Drive Menu, command line, CPU monitor, ram and swap gauges)
Wallpaper - denial of structure -> somewhere on www.deviantart.com
Trillian (hiding) - Sapphire 3 Grey
Cursors (not pictured) - Blaodor

Skins and cursors from www.deviantart.com (boy do I sound like a whore to that site)

Rome was not built in a day ... you still have 29 days to D-Day ... so take your time
make effort toward a nice themed desktop and/or shell. ;)

^I love that second one. Got a link?

Here's something I took in Washington last year, and used this modified pic for the cover of my school's literary magazine.

door.jpg

Nobody is really following the seasonal thing anymore so I thought I would ruin it some more I guess...
desktop_040704.png

my desk for july, need to find a skin for WKrellM though, sticks out like a soar thumb right now

made the wallpaper out of an image of conan on google....

visual style is HmmXP....google HmmXP deviantart....

winamp is mine on deviantart....thelime.deviantart.com

here's mine for the month. not really winter but there's snow on the ground :) My friend took the pictures and I stitched all 13 photos together to make that panorama. sorry if its too big...its only 485k tho.

desktop.jpg

There is my current desktop - which will change in 15mins (I use a wallpaper change because I am SO many amazing wallpapers)

My Current Desktop.JPG

that is alot of quick launch things :) i edited my above post. i got bored and did some tweaks, i am happy with it now. i like blue :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back