Difficulty updating latest drivers for Leveno G580

HyperTension

[H]ard|Gawd
Working on my mother-in-law's laptop, a Lenovo G580. Latest driver identified / installed is for the Intel HD 4000, v.10.18.10.3277. When I used the Intel Diver Update Utility, it identifies an update for this, v.10.18.10.3496. I downloaded this, and when I attempted to install it (yes, with administrator rights) I get the error: The driver being installed is not validated for this computer. Please obtain.. blah, blah, blah.

Unfortunately, the driver installed is the latest (and only) driver as listed on Lenovo's site (running Windows 8.1).

Is there any way around this, or am I completely locked into this driver, as well as all the other drivers (audio, LAN, wifi, etc.) as released by the OEM?

I'm hoping not, but hence the question here......

You need to do a manual install of the generic Intel v.10.18.10.3496. This thread notes that previous versions of the generic Intel driver would not install manually on the Lenovo G580 but version 3496 fixes that.

Thanks! I'm going over there tomorrow, and I'll let ya know how it turns out. Sincere thank you!

Back