Different styles of page numbers in same word document

Status
Not open for further replies.

drdeutsch

2[H]4U
Howdy everyone.

So I'm writing my thesis. I've been writing in OpenOffice, which I'm pretty familiar with. It's worked great with different page styles and so on. No problems whatsoever. Then I come to realize that I'm going to have to port the whole thing into Microsoft Word so that the university print store can print the whole thing off.

Anyway, I've managed to get the whole thing over there, but I need help formatting the page styles. The first five pages, which are the title page, committee signatures and table of contents need to be i, ii, iii, iv and so on. Also, the title page doesn't get a number.

Then, where the main body starts, I need to start over with 1, 2, 3 and so on. This was really easy in OpenOffice but I can not, for the life of me, figure out how to do this in Microsoft Office 2003. I manage to get the first numbers, i, ii, iii, and so on set, but then when I go to start the 1, 2, 3, it erases the previous numbers and so on. I've tried setting up different page styles, but I just can't get it.

EDIT: I got it. Section breaks..... finally figured it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back