Difference in temps with different rads question

RipperMac

Limp Gawd
I see all these charts and graphs talking about million different things it seems when it comes to rads...and I'm farking confused...but my fundamental questions are....
How much difference in temps can be expected between the most expensive Feser 3 fan rad down to the least expensive 3 fan Black Ice with all the others in between? Are we talking about a massive 30degree swing or are we talking bout 5 or 6 degrees?
Thanks

It all depends on the amount of heat you are talking about. As long as you've got the appropriate sized rad for your loop, the difference in temps between a Feser or Thermochill and a Swiftech with the same fans will be more like 5 or 6 degrees. There is some excellent info here if you haven't already seen it: http://www.martinsliquidlab.com/

I've been to that site thanks...lots of good info there it seems...but if all else are the same (pump,fans,blocks,cpu...etc)can I expect the differences to be only 5 or 6 degrees?

5 or 6 degrees difference is actually quite a lot. But if the loop is simple and you're not expecting to cool a massive amount of peripherals, a BIPIII works wonders for the price versus performance with slower fans (I'm personally a quiet freak with my loops). Really just depends on what you're looking to do.

Back