Did you pre-ordered or waits for BF3 after launch ?

Wow.. that's a shit-ton of content they are withholding from the retail release. All the more reason to protest this move. Yeah, you aren't paying more for it, but you shouldn't have put blind faith into a game in order to get all of the content. I played the beta and I think BF3 is going to be a good game, but for folks who aren't BF diehards this is pretty lame. The only Battlefield game I really got into was BF1942...coincidentally back when they didn't punish their customers for wanting to wait for impressions and reviews.

Lol. It makes me laugh when i read people trying to vote against big gaming business with their wallet. Protest? lol. Even the best protests, like against MW2 or Black ops or whatever it was, with 100,000 people signed petition fail and the game makes media record breaking money.

Fact is this whole "Pre-orderers get certain content for free" experiment is over, its not experiment anymore, its a fact, its happening and it wont stop.

If you dont buy the game, all you are doing is keeping yourself from playing a amazing game and supporting the great teams at DICE and supporting the BF franchise. Because your lack of $60 wont affect the sales, it will either do average, as expected, great, epic, or record breaking, all the "not buying it because of origin!" or "cause of pre order exclusives!" wont add up. The ones that dont buy cause they want "COD", or cause "BF isnt their type of game", etc will be what adds up and effects how well the game does.

Fact also is, you pre-order and your getting free content, the only other alternative if you plan on getting it is waiting till it comes out, buying it, then buying that content yourself. What is so wrong with a company seeing people pre-purchasing their product and wanting to give back to those amazing & loyal customers by giving them content for free instead of having them pay for it? Its like if you were on that website with a invention and tons of people donated to help you create it, you give them the product when its done on the cheap because they gave you money upfront and believed in you and the product.

I wish protests worked, in real life and in gaming, but they dont, because for the 3% that go out and protest (or sit in and protest on a forum) dont add up to any substantial amount of anything, the other 97% are just putting down the money and continuing on their day. For every one of you (protesting by not buying) there are 1,000 of me, buying it happily and excitedly like a giddy school girl.

So who do you think the companies care about more? The $60,000 they got from us 1,000 pre orderers? Or your $60 protest from you by not buying the game? that they will probably get anyways 2 months after release because most protesters end up just buying the game in the end anyways?

Oh and to answer the OP, i pre ordered on Origin months ago, played the Alpha and the Beta.

Last edited:
*Updated*

I already decided to buy Retail version from amazon for grand total $50.97, I like to have BF3 box to put up on my shelf.:cool:

The reason is I choose retail over DL, if BF3 run corrupt anyhow, I could use my BF3 DVD pop in for reinstall faster and easier I guess.

I am going to play BC2 few rounds till 25th.

BF3 will rocks !!!

Ohh I just got "open boxed" Asus VS247H 23.6 1920x1080 for $106 bucks from Egg, I love it !!! perfect timing ready to play BF3 with this.:)

B2K is a full blown expansion pack, and won't even be available for play until a month or so after BF3 release. Crying over this is along the same lines as bitching that you didn't get Vietnam for free when you bought BC2.

If you enjoyed the game buy it, if not then pass on it, but you should really do more research before you come in here spouting off stupid bullshit. Did you cry when you had to buy expansions for 1942 as well?
I misread one of the earlier posts. You are correct, my previous post was bullshit and so I've deleted it. I'm still not a fan of the tactic, but I can't argue against the value given that.

And for me it's not even about money. I have a huge thesis project that I need to get done in December. If I buy BF3 before I'm done that work I know I'll get hooked and my work will suffer. I wish self-control was a preorder bonus. :(

Look at preorder incentives this way. The costumer is taking a chance on an unfinished product, it makes sense to have incentives either in terms of content and/or savings.

And preorder do have value and savings, waiting after the release is not the only way to get deals these days.

BF3 preorders many people managed the follow -

sub $45 dollar price
Back to Karkand free
some also got Dead Space 2, Mass Effect 2, and/or Medal of Honor for free as well.

This isn't just people blindly preordering games to feed the company. They are getting something in return as well compared to purchasing after the release.

I guess it could be viewed like that but I could survive without the map and few extras that come with it.

You can preorder it from Amazon.com for 15% off and it will come with the preorder extras. It was actually available cheaper at 30% off before as well.

*Updated*

I already decided to buy Retail version from amazon for grand total $50.97, I like to have BF3 box to put up on my shelf.:cool:

The reason is I choose retail over DL, if BF3 run corrupt anyhow, I could use my BF3 DVD pop in for reinstall faster and easier I guess.

I am going to play BC2 few rounds till 25th.

BF3 will rocks !!!

Ohh I just got "open boxed" Asus VS247H 23.6 1920x1080 for $106 bucks from Egg, I love it !!! perfect timing ready to play BF3 with this.:)

You can backup most digital downloads on your hard drive and use it to "restore" games in the same way. I actually rely on hard drive based backups since they are much easier to find and faster to restore from. My current main PC does not even have a DVD drive.

Pre Ordered from Amazon because it was only $50 for the Origin code, and it was the legendary pack which includes the Back to Karkland DLC for free. Also, I loved the beta enough that I dont need to wait for reviews.

I'll be preloading the game tomorrow at 7am :)

You can preorder it from Amazon.com for 15% off and it will come with the preorder extras. It was actually available cheaper at 30% off before as well.

Nope, can't. As I said in an earlier post, Canadians can't order from amazon.com nor did the amazon.can have any sort of sale. Hence why I mentioned I would wait till after launch so I could use my non-preorder 20% off EA coupon to get it. But without the "DLC" benefit of preorder, of course.

One thing to keep in mind if you order from Origin they charge tax in Canada, may or may not been an issue depending on your province of course.

I am going to wait until new video cards arrive, by then BF3 should have been properly patched as well. Not saying it´s going to be bug riddled on day one, but just a few severe bugs are enough to keep me uninterested in a competitive game like this until they are fixed.

Pre-ordered from a local game store. If all they give me is a download code on the 25th, i'm gonna be pissed.

I'll wait until it hits some $10 deal for the whole package like BC2. By then most, if not all, of the various DLC packs and retailer-specific unlocks will be available.

I don't even care about the Origin issue; I just prefer not to buy my games in pieces.

I tried the BF3 Beta, wasn't impressed. Origin is obviously shitty software and spies on you. I'll just get MW3 on trusty Steam.

Wait till after it launches, never really liked pre ordering anyway. And no, I don't care if it comes to Steam or not.

Pre-ordered on Origin months ago at the full $63 with tax. I was more than happy to give them my money. I got into the beta 2 days early, and that was worth the price premium to me. My personal ethical standards wouldn't allow me to cancel my pre-order after taking advantage of some of the benefits.

Also, I wanted absolutely sure that come 10/25 I would not have any sort of issue installing/playing the game. Any issues related to my pre-order anyways.

I pre-ordered 2 hard copies from the EA Store in March. $39.99 ea with free release day delivery.

Pre-ordered digital version on Amazon for $42 - that's the money I'm willing to pay for a new game.
But if it was $59.99, then I'd wait 6 month until it is in the bargain bin.

Pre-ordered the physical copy. Downloading 10GB+ on a 1.5 megabit/second connection is kind of impractical.

Pre-ordered the physical copy. Downloading 10GB+ on a 1.5 megabit/second connection is kind of impractical.

But pre loading started today (4 days before the game came out). I started downloading a hour ago and im at 40% downloaded, so while you wait for UPS to come at 3pm on the 25th i will have woken up at 7 am , installed BF3 and be playing by 7:10am. Which choice is impractical now?

Yeah I'm glad they are giving us time to download and install the game early. My download is almost done.

Yup, 65% done here. Will definitely be ready to play on Tuesday.

But if it was $59.99, then I'd wait 6 month until it is in the bargain bin.

Not gonna happen with this game in 6 months. Hell, look at all the CoD shit...they still charge a fortune for Black Ops and it's almost a year old. I'd say this game is way more highly anticipated.

I'm not excited about this game anymore, I'll wait for a few more months to grab this one on X360.

Yup, 65% done here. Will definitely be ready to play on Tuesday.

Not gonna happen with this game in 6 months. Hell, look at all the CoD shit...they still charge a fortune for Black Ops and it's almost a year old. I'd say this game is way more highly anticipated.

Couldnt agree more, BFBC2 after 1.5 years was still $30. This isnt MOH where you will get it for $25 in 6 months. If anything we are lucky there are such great deals to get now it, on day 0, for $40-45.

Couldnt agree more, BFBC2 after 1.5 years was still $30. This isnt MOH where you will get it for $25 in 6 months. If anything we are lucky there are such great deals to get now it, on day 0, for $40-45.

Totally agree with you, although $41 is a great deal for a AAA title pre-order, it's not quite as amazing as it seems considering games should be $50 still and not $60. :cool:

pre ordered months ago, got Dead Space 2 for free and the first karkland pack for free -- that's a damn good deal no matter how you cut it.

Grats' to the guys that scored it for 40ish dollars from amazon :) I'm already preloaded and ready to rock on tuesday.

It's been a long time coming, I slowly rebuilt my PC as my budget allowed over the past few months in anticipation. 2500K @ 4.5, 16GB of ram, and my brand spanking new 6950 2GB --- all on a nice big 27" HP LED I think it's going to be tits!

I got it for $49 from Amazon (Limited Edition, Karland DLC pack + Dogtag DLC) but I'm not even mad at those who got it for $40. More power to you guys, I'm preloading as we speak. I decided to wait until most loaded yesterday, today I'm getting 3.5MB download its like 10% in 4 minutes lol. :D

preordered bf3 for $40..then saved $115 on steelseries gear for my new comp
feel so spoiled

Anyone think it will be available on steam? :)

I dont get how it could be. First you load up steam, find BF3 then click play, then that loads up Origin which loads your internet browser to BF3 Plug-in BattleLog which you then have to click on join a game (or server browse) then a tab opens loading the game which you have to click join game for the actual game to pop up....
They have Origin required from everywhere, it seems fully built into BF3 on PC that you need Origin. Even more so considering their Steam squabbles, i dont see how they would have it on Steam, let alone it be worked on so Steam will be what loads the Battlelog and Origin isnt required at all. BF3 seems to fully have Origin built it. No matter how you cut the cake, origin is required on some level.

Pre ordered on Origin. I think the demo sucks so I hope I don't regret it.

I had pre-ordered the game but cancelled it when I read the review of a newer beta off I think joystiq where they said how they were making it better by making the weapons no longer work worth anything. I remember trying the bc2 demo and flanking a sniper, getting on top of him and shooting him with the pistol until I had to reload. The guy got up and killed me while I was reloading. Yea I have no care to play a game where they fixed the weapons to that level.

Really disappointed as I thought the beta of bf3 had a lot of potential although it was buggy as well.

Pre-ordered 2 on Amazon and the other 2 at Best Buy for the SPEC-ACT skin sets.

I'm cocked, locked, ready-to-rock on Tuesday.

I had pre-ordered the game but cancelled it when I read the review of a newer beta off I think joystiq where they said how they were making it better by making the weapons no longer work worth anything. I remember trying the bc2 demo and flanking a sniper, getting on top of him and shooting him with the pistol until I had to reload. The guy got up and killed me while I was reloading. Yea I have no care to play a game where they fixed the weapons to that level.

Not sure how you could know exactly how they are "fixing" it, but that's your loss I guess. Honestly I thought the weapons in the beta felt great, other than some of the machine pistols being overpowered (which they are supposedly fixing) and the random one-shot kills (which is a hit detection issue, should also be fixed hopefully).

The main fix related to damage is that there was a bug in beta causing instant kills when hitting people who were sprinting.

Certain weapons also need to be balanced over time though, such as the SMGs (UMP for instance).

Back