Did we ever find out about the big secret?

Mojo is just another name for a fuel additive. It's ethanol based. Relic has a unique method of mixing it to directly power AMD cpu's, and paint walls at the same time.

And along the lines of the secret - I thought that relic et. al. were coming out with a new line of super efficient, variable sized furnaces. Based on mojo cooled AMD CPU's (with the mojo in a containerized system) it would be easy to add a few extra blades when the temperature dropped. Being ethanol based they would probably be tax deductible. And you could drain them in the spring to fuel your summer parties.

Originally posted by liquidtrance123
what are you guys talking about? just an idea or are we talking about like a 4000 node AthlonXP 2500+ OCed to 3400+ super linux cluster?:D

ha! i wish :(

you buy me 4000 axp 2500+s and 4000 amd boards, 4000 128mb dimms, etc...

and i will find a way to fit them all in my house... dont know how... but i will find a way

and lots and lots of cat 5 and loads of switches, would have to run a small nuclear plant in my back-yard

would need like some giant beast of a net-boot server with like 15k RAID0 and GigE uplink to the backbone switches when all the machines turn on

would need a T1 just to upload/download all those WU's

I think we really need a "Culture of teh [H]orde" sticky. Some of yall that have good stories like this should start one.

So my wife wanted to know how the team met, talked, planned, and all that... thus I showed her the forum, she liked the layout and asked what else (besides technical things) people would talk about... "The Mojo Story" seemed the best symbol of our posting prowess. ... she laughed and then wanted to know how often we run into things like that. .. and what FSB was :D perhaps "upgrades for folding" won't be a tough sell after all :p

sharp, it looks like you have a keeper there. My wife just looked at me like I was a total retard when I talked about folding and DC related stuff.

Originally posted by Mattman
sharp, it looks like you have a keeper there. My wife just looked at me like I was a total retard when I talked about folding and DC related stuff.
ditto:rolleyes:

Originally posted by seapirate
My wife's only worry was if she could still check her email :D

First time I read that I read it as

My wife's only worry is that her check is in the mail.

What a shock to see what it really said :) That's my girl's only concern as well, email and simcity need to work.

have a good one, time for more jaeger !$@#%

Back