Did the ROG Maximus Apex XI (Z390) ever release in the US? I only see imports for crazy prices.

DoubleTap

2[H]4U
Currently Newegg has the Apex XI for $669 from some Asian importer and about $500 from a UK importer.

My recollection was that these are usually $300-330 boards. I've been looking for 4-5 months and have yet to see them for sale from Amazon or direct from Newegg.

Did they just release a few that got snapped up and never refreshed?

They sell around here (Belgium/Holland) for around 400€ so usually that ends up near the 400ish US dollars without taxes.

A quick search at least shows them on stock at different online stores here so they are available not idea why not in the states.

I saw a post somewhere claiming that ASUS didn't release it in the US because they don't have the facilities in the country to handle RMA and/or warranty claims on this board. No source to back it up, so take it with a grain of salt. I think a more simple explanation is probably that ASUS just didn't anticipate the demand for the board and didn't manufacture enough to meet it. I personally don't know of anyone who was able to purchase one in the US, though.

Back