Did the i5 iMacs ever ship with Snow Leopard?

Michigan PC

[H]ard|Gawd
I might pick up an iMac locally that is being advertised with the following specs:

3.1ghz i5
6970m 1gb
27" screen
Snow Leopard
Purchased August 2011

Did these machines ever ship with SL? I was under the impression that they only ever shipped with Lion.

Thanks

I might pick up an iMac locally that is being advertised with the following specs:

3.1ghz i5
6970m 1gb
27" screen
Snow Leopard
Purchased August 2011

Did these machines ever ship with SL? I was under the impression that they only ever shipped with Lion.

Thanks

They did ship with SL. Lion was released in July and the 2011 iMac was in May? However, some apple stores did not have inventory that had Lion installed, but provided a free upgrade code that the user could use to install Lion. My fiance ran into this when she purchased her 21.5" iMac in August. They did not have any stock in store with Lion installed.

3.1ghz i5
6970m 1gb
27" screen
Snow Leopard
Purchased August 2011

Thanks

Who's to say the owner didn't take off crappy lion and install sl?

Who's to say the owner didn't take off crappy lion and install sl?

Lion works absolutely fine.

They did ship with Lion, but if it was purchased from the Apple Store in mid-late August I'd be very surprised it shipped with SL! Early August...depends where, but it is possible.

Unless this is an absolutely cracking deal, I would look at buying elsewhere, merely because you'll have to buy Lion afterwards. While not a bank-breaking price, of course, it would be nice for it to be included in the price.

Back