Did the creators update last night - ouch!

So if it was someone else trying the same test then you would have given a different response? Seems you should look at the facts and the concerns and not the person. Address the topic at hand.

Bingo. I mean it's just damned strange. Everything I tried worked with the exception of the Surface Book. Was he still going to spaz on me if everything had worked including the Surface Book?

Last edited:
So if it was someone else trying the same test then you would have given a different response? Seems you should look at the facts and the concerns and not the person. Address the topic at hand.

My word I would have, I assisted you via PM didn't I? Was I in any arrogant?

Heatlesssun said himself that he started using Linux 20 years ago, he should have been equipped with the knowledge he needed to perform the amazingly simplistic task of installing drivers via PPA to get his hardware working correctly under Linux, yet he had no idea? Then he chucked a tantrum because I was hesitant to help him due to past experiences learnt off both Heatlessun, and yourself.

You see, the second he can't get something working, it'll be on again! He'll claim Linux is shit because it works on this device but not the other device, an OS should support that because 'Windows' - The whole time ignoring the fact that Windows is far from perfect in this regard either once you get into a larger pool of stand alone machines.

He demands no respect from me, but the fact still stands that I was the one that highlighted his issue, I was the one that helped. Let's see if that bites me on the arse again.

LOL! Really man, let it go. All I did was report an out of the box experience and was perfectly capable of following a Reddit post, I was just curious to see how it would work. You're making it out to be WAY more than it needs to be.

Bingo. I mean it's just damned strange. Everything I tried worked with the exception of the Surface Book. Was he still going to spaz on me if everything had worked including the Surface Book?

The thing is, there was nothing strange about it.

The second you mentioned you couldn't get both the keyboard and trackpad working on your other model Surface Book it was obvious to me that both devices didn't share the same hardware and the drivers weren't supported under the kernel. Hence the reason why I offered assistance by first instructing you to make sure you were running 4.10 and informing you that there was a handy GUI driven software application that I had linked in the Linux forums that made this task very simple.

LOL! Really man, let it go. All I did was report an out of the box experience and was perfectly capable of following a Reddit post, I was just curious to see how it would work. You're making it out to be WAY more than it needs to be.

Not at all, you were the one that claimed 20 years of Linux experience, I assumed you'd tried the most obvious fix of all - it was literally the first result in a Google search.

I can see how you're trying to twist this around.

My word I would have, I assisted you via PM didn't I? Was I in any arrogant?

This isn't regarding us, however to answer your question, no, you were not arrogant at all. You were very much helpful when we were PMing back and forth. I know you wear a lot of Linux hate on your sleeve and maybe that is something that comes from the constant attack towards it. That said, we aren't always commenting on YOUR help or YOUR lack of help when we quote you. I tend to quote entire posts when on my phone and edit out the piece I want to address when I am on my PC (as I did this time). It doesn't mean I am using you as an excuse to complain about Linux. I find you helpful but the community in general is not. I am sure you can agree that quite a lot of the community still has a ways to go when it comes to helping new people to their OS of choice. If adoption is the goal of Linux, with the aspirations to be #1 some day, it needs to come around.

This isn't regarding us, however to answer your question, no, you were not arrogant at all. You were very much helpful when we were PMing back and forth. I know you wear a lot of Linux hate on your sleeve and maybe that is something that comes from the constant attack towards it. That said, we aren't always commenting on YOUR help or YOUR lack of help when we quote you. I tend to quote entire posts when on my phone and edit out the piece I want to address when I am on my PC (as I did this time). It doesn't mean I am using you as an excuse to complain about Linux. I find you helpful but the community in general is not. I am sure you can agree that quite a lot of the community still has a ways to go when it comes to helping new people to their OS of choice. If adoption is the goal of Linux, with the aspirations to be #1 some day, it needs to come around.

And the reasons I have the attitude I do is due to the issue experienced here and the fact Linux users do wear a lot of hate from the Windows community on their sleeve. Windows users don't tend to have the greatest attitudes either, they approach the situation as an attack against Linux, the whole while ignoring the facts: And nine times out of ten, the issue isn't related to Linux, it's related to unfamilarisation on behalf of the Windows user.

Just like this example.

Yeah, when someone goes on and on about how super smart they are about and then fail to understand the most basic thing about something, they're going to catch some shit for it. Bottom line, none of you know anything more about setting up what I'm was setting than I do, so why not just leave it at?

I doubt that he failed to understand anything. You're just obnoxious and can take your windows tablets to where they belong to. We have zero interest in those devices.

At this point I'm starting to think heatlessun gets paid by Microsoft to spread propaganda.

PS. Regarding Secure Boot, don't enable it if you're using a Gigabyte Z170 board with an F20+ BIOS.
Thanks for the warning! I have a Z170X-UD5 myself. No plans on upgrading the BIOS unless something is actually broken, and no plans to enable secure boot, but still worth noting.

Back