Did somebody will use two rtx 3090 with SLI

Lucky75

Limp Gawd
Hello Guys,
did somebody will use two rtx 3090 with SLI ?
What do you think ... SLI is dead or just e postponed for Hoper ?

SLI is dead as you know it. The 30xx series does not support SLI via drivers at all, and that includes previous games.

What it does support is multi-GPU via Vulkan and DX12, which requires the game developers to implement that directly. And figuring that going forward, only the highest end cards will support the linked multi-GPU, you can forget about it ever coming outside of benchmark games.

Where SLI will help is in rendering or machine learning, where you're going to be too cheap to get a Quadro.

No SLI is dead (Thank god). I bought one luckily and see no need for SLI, its a waste of time and a waste of even more money than the 3090 is!

I can understand video and deep learning use cases for multi gpu, no SLI, on HEDT.

Not sure what old game a person would be playing where SLI support would be better than a single gpu now.

I will, but I do deep learning. NVlink will allow for memory pooling, which is a very good thing in my field. Of course, that assuming I can get my hands over them, which seems to be quite impossible at the moment. Besides, I don't want to buy custom designs.

And no, fitting two FE won't be much of a challenge, as long as you buy the right case and the right mobo. If you want to fit 3-4 of them, you have to resort to pcie cable extenders.

Nah, if I need extra grunt / capacity then cloud makes more sense in the absence of explicit ongoing need.

Even for one card they barely make sense. Local is convenience / laziness and the bonus of it working for games too. Some people love their gaming *that* much, all power to them but for gaming only sli is completely dead. I’m pretty sure it’s gonna come back in a different form in the next couple of gens though, the chips need to be broken up as they’re too big.

So whilst no to gaming, if someone wants to run pytorch shit-quick and does that often enough that it’s cheaper than aws, they’ll be all over it.

Back