Did some upgrades to my HTPC over the holidays

xp3nd4bl3

2[H]4U
I got tired of running my power-hungry noisy gaming GPU while watching movies so I ditched my perfectly good Maximus Formula/E6850 combo for a solution with Hybrid Power so I could shut off my graphics card when I wanted. I went with a 780a motherboard with a Phenom X4 9850. Since I was going from Intel to AMD I decided to get a new CPU cooler as well. I decided to go with the passive Silverstone NT01-E which was designed to work quite well with my Silverstone LC13 case.

The NT01-E cooler and LC13 case go very well together. Silverstone did a great job orienting the CPU cooler fins right in front of the 60mm exhaust fans. The case is great for an HTPC if you want the option to add high-end graphics hards for HTPC gaming. Here's to hoping the NT01-E which is rated for CPUs up to 89W can handle my 125W Phenom 9850.

Pics

IMG_1060.jpg

IMG_1061.jpg

IMG_1062.jpg

lol 1000w psu and a i cant tell what gfx card... damn i wish i had that kinda money to throw around for an HTPC.. :p

but its good to see companies design heatsinks for specific cases.. no more hoping this heatsink fits in this case trial and error and guessing crap..

what kind of temps do you get on that processor? I just got the more recent version of that case, the LC-13B-e which has the PSU on the bottom and 3 80mm exahust fans (2 on back and 1 on side) as well as space for dual 92mm intake on front.

I'm trying to keep the PC as silent as possible. Have you tried overclocking it?

Back